Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of Tumblr?

Revy ~ Two Hands

I really like the site, but I haven't quite figured out how I can use it or drive any traffic to me using it. All the users I follow on it usually post or repost art from others, but that's not really my thing. Anyone got any pointers?

• Brohoof 1

I like the whole idea of fandoms getting together and such, the way it works is just really crappy.

Still haven't figured out how to use it.

There are a lot of fanboys/girls there, so that's another thing that's keeping me away.

• Brohoof 2

The website is good if you know what you're doing. Though it helps to use the add-on, Tumblr Savior (and Tumblr Hate if you're using Chrome) to avoid stuff you don't want to see.

I've seen some pretty cool stuff in my time of using the site, so it also helps to search a bit.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™

Great site seen for blogs and stuff. I luv looking at the creative stuff that people post up thats when I start following them. Other reason just for entertainment and some internet humor keep news updated. Its the one site to check out if I haven't seen the latest stuff!

Follow me if you want to see my art blog post. I also post my creative stuff on Tumblr too.   http://viewtifulchronos.tumblr.com/

5882944453_37a05b7910.jpg

either that or i haven't been on long enough. I've seen lots of Doctor Who stuff (not complaining at all, though! :D ) but not much mlp. anyone know some osm pages on tumblr for pony stuff? and they better not be r34 or anything of the sort.  :angry:

In terms of art I like it for its use of ask boxes. Otherwise I'll just stick to Deviantart and its ability to watch someone or a group. You can subscribe to something and choose if you want to receive art and blogs, just art, or just blogs.

(edited)

I really like the site, but I haven't quite figured out how I can use it or drive any traffic to me using it. All the users I follow on it usually post or repost art from others, but that's not really my thing. Anyone got any pointers?

That's been my issue. The reason for own tumblr (which took me forever just to get set up the way I want to it too btw) is to have another way to talk to my YouTube subscribers and share content with them, in a less formal setting.

(my YouTube show is very formal, and I want to have somewhere I can have people post me random crap and ask me questions and such, which is why I'm curious about tumblr. In terms of driving traffic I don't know. I'm going to attempt to use my own YouTube channel to drive traffic to my tumblr and get people to follow me there. (My YouTube link is in my signature btw)

Edited by Gamer Twilight

I primarily use Tumblr for my art/animations. I do post other stuff on it from time to time as well, but I find that it makes a really great art blog. There's a great art community that's frequently tied in with the fandom side of Tumblr, so it's great for me.

I tend to stay the away from Tumblr feminists, though. Sometimes when I draw females, they have boobs.

• Brohoof 1

I do enjoy it, quite a bit of people in this fandom are known primarily for their Tumblr, so I'd say it's a good place to blog about whatever you may please. I don't post a whole lot of things on there though, sometimes I will reblog others content, only if I truly enjoy it though.

Overall, it's a pretty cool place. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't have an account there, but I do like using Tumblr to find art and animations of things I like, mainly MLP. There is some art that I don't particularly like, but I just avoid it and find the art that I do like. It's a pretty cool place. :)

I love Tumblr, but I HATE the over the top social justice stuff, I left for a while because of it. A post came up in my dashboard saying that lesbians can fall in love with guys and gays can fall in love with girls. :huh: ????? Then another stupid one came up saying that if you have a preference for a certain physical characteristic like you find blonde hair more attractive than red hair then you're a BAD EVIL PERSON. What. the. hell.

What is Tumblr...?

Last time I asked a question like this (What is Instagram?) people just gave me a look and sat quietly as if I just put a toothpick through their tongues.

Honestly, the way people seem to talk about it, makes it sound like it's a bad place with bad influences.

Tumblr?  :huh: Isn't that place full of...

Um, you know what, never mind. I think I'll stick to places like deviantart, it's safer. If only by a tiny bit.

What is Tumblr...?

Last time I asked a question like this (What is Instagram?) people just gave me a look and sat quietly as if I just put a toothpick through their tongues.

Honestly, the way people seem to talk about it, makes it sound like it's a bad place with bad influences.

You are about to start a beautiful... BEAUTIFUL journey filled with artists, fangirls, an endless stream of GIF files, and pseudo- feminists complaining about irrelevant nonsense.

Welcome, brother:)  

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

What is Tumblr...?

I'm not entirely sure what it is really even though I have a tumblr I've spent forever just trying to get look not crap in any case it's an example..

http://comicconreviews.tumblr.com/

I love tumblr! If anything it allows me to be myself with not a care in the world lol. I'm always re-blogging on there, I'm not on there for the ask blogs though, I did used to own one but it became too difficult to handle and in the end I just gave up. The people that do happen to run blogs like that are amazingly talented though, I love seeing some of the questions they get xD!

• Brohoof 1

You are about to start a beautiful... BEAUTIFUL journey filled with artists, fangirls, an endless stream of GIF files, and pseudo- feminists complaining about irrelevant nonsense.

Welcome, brother:)  

My body is NOT prepared.

Just staring at the signup page is painful. It's like it's bombarding my eyes with explosive sharp objects.

• Brohoof 1

It's certainly A LOT better than Twitter and Facebook.
I think it's a good place to share stuff, and if you follow the right blogs, it can keep you entertained for a good amount of time.

That and I really like the whole fandom aspect, even if it IS the Supernatural fandom that seems to take up most of the site.

It´s scaring me...

No, seriously, over 100 million blogs? What is there to have so many blogs about?

I don´t think I need any of this.

But honestly I´d think I´d get lost in all of the art [of all kinds, i.y.k.w.i.m., ahem ;)] that probably is on there.

So I better just stay away from it. :3 Lacking knowledge can be a blessing (that last sentence made no sense).

Edited by Friendship_Cannon