mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I have changed my Avatar to my O.C. (currently in development). Why? Well i think it's because I'd like to explore the RP games/stories, and the best way to do that (for me) is to immerse myself into the character. 

Please welcome, FlashGear. 

ShounenMadoka_zps4e8b47bc.png

Continuing on the theme of avatars from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, a while ago I found this great picture that showed what the five main characters of the anime would look like as boys. From it, I've used avatars of male Mami and Kyoko over the past few weeks, and I decided that it was time to give Madoka a chance. Even if she's my least favorite main character, she's still a great. Also, boy Madoka is clearly the most masculine person of all time :P

The avatar also includes a kitteh, and I like kittehs.

• Brohoof 1

Too lazy to look around my PC for where I put this image.

Basically, I was on vinesauce one day a few months ago and Joel was streaming some sims 3 hell, and during his journey through the apocalypse which he created this face was close to the camera. I captured a screenshot and there you go.

well for my avatar it's my first Gif one and it's scootloo so yes I must use it, that smile she has is just to dawww can make your bad day better

here;'s the full resoulition, it had to come down so I could use it as avatar

1381909995_zps7fefa463.gif

too bad cause Swick made it and he did a good job

• Brohoof 3

Because my head exploded.

In all seriousness though, the artist that created my avatar is extremely creative. I love all her art. So I used this image as my avatar.

Edited by Nikki

Reppin' the LGBT community :) More specifically people of the "Bi" orientation... I'm finally becoming comfortable with my sexuality...and Twilight Sparkle has the same colors as the bi pride flag :) she's also my fave of the mane 6 :)

Well, for three main reasons.

1. I really like Shadow Link.
  2. I made this in like 2 seconds in MSpaint.
  3. I've had this image forever and I've never actually used it.

I am using this current one to mark my fist anniversary on this site, it is the same avatar I used when I first joined. It is Ezio Auditore from the Assassins Creed series as a pony.

ezio_pony_s_creed_by_zantyarz-d50nama.pn

• Brohoof 1

RcAjKTM.png

Why am I using this? Well, because it's almost Halloween, and I wanted an appropriately themed Fluttershy avatar, so I went searching, and soon after I came across this! I might keep it for longer though, because I'm loving this one! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

ntQxjMm.png Well, my first avatar, I chose because hello, blank flank. Got rid of this one after about an hour but hey I thought it was creative so *shrug*

FCBOyWS.png This one I chose because it's hilarious. That's all there is to it, really.

My current one I chose because Pinkie Pie's mental state is probably the most interesting part of the show for me, and nothing shows that more than three different versions of her in one picture :P (For those that don't know, the white pegasus with the yellow hair is Surprise, the original concept for Pinkie Pie).

• Brohoof 2

Because Rarity.

Honestly, I'm under the name ghostfacekiller39 on 4 different websites, and it's a rule for ghostfacekiller39 to have a Rarity avatar.

A rule I made up, sure. It's still a rule, though.

:D

Honestly, though, I'm usually adressed as "ghost" or "ghosty" wherever I'm at, and, after typing in "Rarity avatars" in google images, I thought this would be perfect, because it was the scene from Look Before You Sleep where she was telling a 'scary' story. (Get it? ghost, scary, spooky pose? :D)

• Brohoof 4

doge is love

doge is life

doge soap because swag

tumblr_mr696b9BGu1szim6vo1_400.jpg

wowe cadance doge so much wowe

princess_doge_by_thepatrollpl-d6isv5p.pn

and this buyer's guide to next gen consoles.

fe3.jpg

wowe

• Brohoof 3

Well, I've been a Google Chrome addict since forever, and I'm on a Chromebook, and so this is what I came up with. I'd make my own, but sadly I have very little artistic talent. My talents lie elsewhere. So I just used my good friend Google, and voila. Epic Chrome pony.

Well, Halloween is in just a couple days, so I wanted to be in the spirit of things with a Halloween AJ avatar. It's cute rather than spooky, but I don't do spooky. ;) I love any and all fanart of Applejack and Winona. I want to see more of these two in future MLP episodes.

Full size image.

Credit to the artist.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I will post image later but it is Io from DoTA 2.

I picked it because no only is that image pretty, Io will come into your house and *expletive removed* your *expletive removed* up.

DOWN WITH QUEEN OF PAIN

(coughcoughmybrotherlikeshernewbcoughcough)

It used to be Luna doge, but people thought that I was a troll so I took it off.

That was unfortunate, maybe I will use it again someday.

On par with my obsession with the man, the reason why I chose this avatar has a story. About a year back on the forums when I was discovering different types of metal, I came upon Devin Townsend and basically fell in love with EVERYTHING HE CREATED. On par, I was also quite immersed with the MLP stuff, so I requested a ponified version of Townsend from PeachPalette, a former member of the forums, making a pose from a picture I found.

The end result was this god of an avatar I'm using right now. I'm still grateful for it too.

When I'm not using this avatar, I'm most likely using a Jet Black avatar. Because Jet.

• Brohoof 1

I chose My avatar Because it's Pinkie Pie!!!!! Pinkie Pie is the best pony ( even though I act a lot more like Flutter-shy and Applejack).  She always seems to make me smile.

Edited by Hero 194