mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

So I'm feeling pretty relaxed for right now, especially considering the holidays are fast approaching, I thought it was about time to dawn an avatar reflecting my calm, quiet nature. In a way, this is a homecoming for me: when I first joined the forums I had an Octavia avy that reflected those same elements and it's coming up to a year since I've joined. Fiddlesticks is just perfect for now: where Octavia has that air of classiness, Fiddlesticks has that sort of familiar family kind of feel. Since I'm going home for the holidays to enjoy the company of my family, Fiddlesticks is the best representation I could ask for.

post-11395-0-93138800-1386363836_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Luna is my favorite princess and is tied with Applejack and Twilight Sparkle for my favorite pony. Surprisingly this is actually my first Luna avatar though I have had my current Luna sig for quite a while, and I was in the mood for something a bit festive as well.

tis__a_lie___the_season_by_ijab-d6wbwei.

Why, in light of the new episode of course :D

I had a Rarity one before, I don't feel like fishing it out right now, but yeah it was really cool. I got that one because my friend ghosty is a huge Rarity fan and uh... Well, let's just say I felt like doing him a favor. :P

This is my Mii.

I exported with my Wii U, used a Wii homebrew file explorer to copy it to a USB, then uploaded to Gravatar with my computer.

I can't copy the link from Photobucket on my Wii U, I don't know why. And a Gravatar link would change if I change my picture (like my signature).

Edited by Tromino

post-16621-0-70122500-1386662354.jpg

Because well I love Princess Celestia, with all my hear and soul.... I do!

And because its got Rainbow Dash in it, my BF loves Rainbow Dash so it just kind of shows my love for him :squee:

and its a really cute pic... a lot of the time I put up sexy pics.. so this time I'm trying for more cute things.. how long well this last? no body knows

Because I finally caught up to the most recent One Piece episode and manga chapter. Its the Dressrosa Arc and Donquixote Doflamingo is about to show how much of a boss he is. Hell he's already smashed Sanji and Trafalgar Law. 

• Brohoof 1

post-14840-0-72195400-1386662927.jpg

Because one of the funniest moments in the entire show for me is still when Spike dressed as a dragon with his own colour scheme for Nightmare Night. I also like it because I don't like to start flame wars, but I do like to discuss, and I feel like his gesture suggests he is explaining something but the look on his face says he's doing it in a friendly, non-imposing way. I only realized that after I chose it though.

I chose my avatar and my profile pic because Ice Storm is my character and a semblance of me. I would be half the pony I am today if she wasn't nagging me for little things in the back of my mind, and she's been there to help me through a lot even though she's been through a lot. She's also the first Pony OC that I've created, and honestly the only one that I play with any regularity. I have another, but I just can't connect with her like I have Ice Storm. This is why my profile up to my name, is dedicated to her.

I used AJ as my avatar because I want to sorta give her a shoutout. She's not on my favorites list, but she's still a lovable character and I think we could use more good Applejack episodes. :)

I feel like they should dig into Applejack's history. Like where the heck are her parents? 

Like where the heck are her parents? 

Answered in S3E08: Apple Family Reunion 

They're dead. Two comets appear in the night skies when Applejack is reminiscing about her parents. This happens twice. Thus, it is implied they have passed away, and is probably the best way to handle the question in a kid's show.