Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

(edited)

This seems like a really interesting idea of a thread, especially considering how many of us members are now back in school. So props to you for making this awesome tutoring thread!

I do possess a good amount of knowledge and understanding in most of the fields listed but no where near enough to where I feel I could become a good tutor on here. Plus, you're no longer accepting tutors at the moment, so nevermind all that then. tongue.png

Let me just list some of the things I like to learn and get into.

• Web Design
  • Programming
  • Photoshop
  • General Networking

If I could get someone to help me get a good start on the following subjects, I would appreciate it. It's not school related at all btw. It's all just for the fun in trying out something new, as well as helping me understand the computer science and languages that make the internet go round. :3

Also, in case I began to really struggle in American Government, I could really use someone to help me out there as well. :/

So thanks in advance.

But overall, I personally think you guy's are doing an awesome job here. This is a great idea for a thread Bronyette! Great job in creating this. smile.png

I hope you get more students soon. 

• Web Design
  • Programming
  • Photoshop
  • General Networking

http://www.codecademy.com/

The above site is a very good tool to learn multiple types of coding, and has HTML as well so it should help with the web design factor. Please message Daring about the Networking, but we do not have anyone currently who is a tutor for Photoshop, but I will put it in the requested subjects section. 

I would love some help with school but i need help with differential equations and fluid mechanics and i dont see either of those on the list lol

Message SCS for a bit of help. :)

Edited by Bronyette
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love some help with school but i need help with differential equations and fluid mechanics and i dont see either of those on the list lol

I only just saw this so I don't know if you still need help. If you do, I can help you with ordinary first and second order differential equations. 

Let me just list some of the things I like to learn and get into.   Web Design Programming Photoshop General Networking

Depends on how mu- well, since I'm in a very good mood (You-Know-Who said You-Know-What to You-Know-Me), I will give you my whetstones.

I'm good at everything in the list, but Photoshop. If you just want to use Photoshop for web design, then my skill is enough for you.

Programming, I can teach you many things. Simple logic, names, variables, function, modules, library, framework, OOP (Object Oriented Programming), or even shitty theories like secure coding, project management, and shits. I code best in Python, but I'm pretty dang good with PHP and MVC framework for web development. Simply said, I can teach you everything you need to become a decent web developer (to work in a company).

As for networking, I can teach you things from basic networking like subnetting, routing, setting up DNS server, web server, database server (I'm also good at database thingy), other servers, to intermediate stuff like firewall and proxy. I'm not a networking expert. You can ask my other classmates for that.

lol that post is two weeks old. Nevermind. XD

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

If anyone wants to learn some basic Russian, I could help. Not sure how much, since my timezone is usually almost opposite of everybody else's. (UTC+04:00)

And a teacher in Photoshop would be extremely helpful... Too bad there's no one willing to do it D: 

It has been more than 10 years since my differential equations class, and I have studied a little fluid mechanics. I could take a crack at it.

And a teacher in Photoshop would be extremely helpful... Too bad there's no one willing to do it D: 

I can teach you some basics if you want, I'm doing a GSCE in Graphic Design (2nd year) so I should be of some help. My time zone is GMT.

PM me. wink.png

Anyone good in business math? I could use the help .-.

My math skills have not improved one bit since the second grade and they expect me to do business math. There's no way in hell I'm going to do well in it at this rate.

(edited)

such curious thread this is, isn't it? img-1948843-1-laugh.png

I could be a spanish tutor, because duh! I speak spanish, if anypony have trouble with spanish I can help!

I will sign you up, but since Spanish is learned primarily through speaking, you might have to use Skype to speak to each other. :3

Anyone good in business math? I could use the help .-.

My math skills have not improved one bit since the second grade and they expect me to do business math. There's no way in hell I'm going to do well in it at this rate.

What kind of math is business math exactly, I'm not too entirely familiar with the course. If you want to PM any of the available math tutors, I'm sure you could find one to suit your needs.

Edit: Also, there is a site I linked on the front page that is extremely helpful and free called Khan Academy. It teaches beginning math to advanced, but I would also get a tutor as a sort of motivation towards your goal.

Hey, I could tutor English, I have a national 4 (Scottish qualification) and I'm in the GMT, meanwhile could I sign up for biology?

Alrighty! I believe we have tutors available that can help you with Biology, just PM one to get started. :) We already have enough English tutors at the moment, so I'm sorry to say I can't add you to the list until we get more English requests. Edited by Bronyette

What kind of math is business math exactly, I'm not too entirely familiar with the course. If you want to PM any of the available math tutors, I'm sure you could find one to suit your needs.
 Basically, it's statistics, budgeting, stocks, and other things like that. I have no idea how to do any mathematics beyond incredibly basic math. It's like I'm being taught a foreign language or something.

Basically, it's statistics, budgeting, stocks, and other things like that. I have no idea how to do any mathematics beyond incredibly basic math. It's like I'm being taught a foreign language or something.

Alright. I'll send out a group PM to all of the math tutors to see if they can help you. I will get back to you as soon as I get a helpful reply.

Alright. I'll send out a group PM to all of the math tutors to see if they can help you. I will get back to you as soon as I get a helpful reply.

All right, thanks. Hopefully things will work out, because I could really use the help.

Why must I be so bad at mathematics... ugh.

Depends on how mu- well, since I'm in a very good mood (You-Know-Who said You-Know-What to You-Know-Me), I will give you my whetstones.

I'm good at everything in the list, but Photoshop. If you just want to use Photoshop for web design, then my skill is enough for you.

Programming, I can teach you many things. Simple logic, names, variables, function, modules, library, framework, OOP (Object Oriented Programming), or even shitty theories like secure coding, project management, and shits. I code best in Python, but I'm pretty dang good with PHP and MVC framework for web development. Simply said, I can teach you everything you need to become a decent web developer (to work in a company).

As for networking, I can teach you things from basic networking like subnetting, routing, setting up DNS server, web server, database server (I'm also good at database thingy), other servers, to intermediate stuff like firewall and proxy. I'm not a networking expert. You can ask my other classmates for that.

lol that post is two weeks old. Nevermind. XD

Wow, it's been awhile since I checked on this thread. xD

Didn't think I would get any good responses, but I'm impressed with your offer Sky Warden. If you're still willing, then I would more than happy to have you as my teacher/tutor in those following fields. :P

Well... I get engineering math which is pretty hardcore in many cases. Because if this I'm pretty adept with derivatives, integrals and ordinary differential equations of first and second order (also complex imaginary numbers but I don't think you get that in business).

The only thing I wonder is how much business logic do I need to have down. If I need to have a good understanding of pretty nitty-gritty business logic and jargon, it wouldn't be too clear to me how I'm supposed to apply the math.

Well... I get engineering math which is pretty hardcore in many cases. Because if this I'm pretty adept with derivatives, integrals and ordinary differential equations of first and second order (also complex imaginary numbers but I don't think you get that in business).

The only thing I wonder is how much business logic do I need to have down. If I need to have a good understanding of pretty nitty-gritty business logic and jargon, it wouldn't be too clear to me how I'm supposed to apply the math.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say "a lot", because I have no idea what this book is talking about.

I don't know I can't understand math okay ;~;

I can teach Hebrew to people, native speaker and I  have lived in Israel so it comes naturally to me tongue.png Sign me up for anybody who wants to learn Hebrew!

Edited by Noazark
  • Brohoof 1

Why is nobody in need of a biology tutor?! And why haven't I been added to the list for chemistry and music theory tutoring?! I can help out with all that too! :D

Because we aren't in need of those topics until we get more students willing to learn in those areas. If you find some people wanting to learn though, I will be happy to add you.

I can teach Hebrew to people, native speaker and I  have lived in Israel so it comes naturally to me img-1951459-1-tongue.png Sign me up for anybody who wants to learn Hebrew!

I will try to add you next time I'm on desktop.

@@Bronyette,

Hey Bronyette! I can offer my services as a English or History tutor. I'm a high school senior and have taken a total of 5 APs in those two subjects, never getting less than an 'A' or a 5 on the AP tests for them. I'd love to help you! And you rock for starting this thread, by the way! biggrin.png  

@@Bronyette,

Hey Bronyette! I can offer my services as a English or History tutor. I'm a high school senior and have taken a total of 5 APs in those two subjects, never getting less than an 'A' or a 5 on the AP tests for them. I'd love to help you! And you rock for starting this thread, by the way! img-1966534-1-biggrin.png

No, I just do what I can to help. :D I'm just laying out ways for people to help each other, the real people that need praise here are the tutors.

I will add you as well next time I'm on my desktop, as it is difficult to do on my phone.

@@Bronyette, Dsanders asked me to be his tutor several days ago, and I do have taught him some stuff. Not much, since he seems to be busy with other things and it's beyond my skill to teach with only twenty minutes per session. Up to you to add me to the list or not. You can see the subjects I'm teaching him on my post on the previous page.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 2

I've currently got D's in English 1 and Pre-AP Geometry. If I could get some help with that, it'd be much appreciated. In english, I understand all the vocabulary words (and often use them in common conversation,) but I can't do all the writing, which is the majority of our grade. Like, 70-90%. In Pre-Ap Geometry, I can understand all the numbers, that's all fine and dandy, I just can't remember any of the reasons! The postulates, theorems, and phrases all get mixed up in my head, none of them making sense even if I manage to remember what they're called. I can tell what I have to do next, and how to do it, but I can't name why, or which postulate/theorem/whatever-that-third-thing-is-called allows me to do so. Like I said, any help would be much appreciated, if someone could help me out.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Bronyette, Dsanders asked me to be his tutor several days ago, and I do have taught him some stuff. Not much, since he seems to be busy with other things and it's beyond my skill to teach with only twenty minutes per session. Up to you to add me to the list or not. You can see what I'm teaching him about on my post on the previous page.

Hmmm, alrighty I'll have to add you as well next time. I hope he can find more time to work on programming, but it should be understandable that it isn't in his top priority list since it is (I would assume) more of an hobby. :3

I've currently got D's in English 1 and Pre-AP Geometry. If I could get some help with that, it'd be much appreciated. In english, I understand all the vocabulary words (and often use them in common conversation,) but I can't do all the writing, which is the majority of our grade. Like, 70-90%. In Pre-Ap Geometry, I can understand all the numbers, that's all fine and dandy, I just can't remember any of the reasons! The postulates, theorems, and phrases all get mixed up in my head, none of them making sense even if I manage to remember what they're called. I can tell what I have to do next, and how to do it, but I can't name why, or which postulate/theorem/whatever-that-third-thing-is-called allows me to do so. Like I said, any help would be much appreciated, if someone could help me out.

Hello! Feel free to PM any of the tutors listed in green on the front page of this thread. I'm sure they will be willing to help you with your English and Geometry. Edited by Bronyette