Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

It seems that the original post of this thread was damaged due to the recent technical issues with Poniverse servers. I sent an email to the tech department a few days ago - hopefully they can fix it sometime in the near future. 

As such, I would like to post here to say that I am available to tutor anyone who needs assistance with mathematics that is within my current realm of understanding. 

I'm gonna do the same as you - I'm just going to say again that I'm available to teach and generally aid with high-school level German, if anyone wants help with that. 

• Brohoof 1

I am excellent with basic studying skills (If I don't know, I can find out quite fast)

I excel at history and English the most.

Not to toot my own horn, but I've had a 4.0 from middle school through college.  I've gotten so smart that I owe absolutely no student loans because scholarships paid it all. However, there is so much I do not know, and constantly seek knowledge I do not yet have.

I was a paid tutor in high school and into college, but right now I live in the boonies where there aren't any kids....

I'd love to learn to program during my free time! If anyone here is willing to tutor any language of programming and has lots of patience I'd totally offer myself as a student. :D

Wait...

How did I not find this topic?

Anyways, I'm all in for this. I have an A+ in all my courses, but my two specialities are United States History, Drama and Acting, Music, and General Science.

I have tutored a college student before, so this should be good for me.

I live in the EST Time Zone, and I should be available from 5:00-9:00 on weekdays, and 1:00-10:00 on weekends and holidays.

I'd be happy to incorporate myself in this, and I'm glad I can help. :)

Edited by super2379

• 2 weeks later...

I am very knowledgeable on history, both US and world, if i could be of help, I think it'd be fun!

I am on eastern standard time, however, I am only available later in the evening. (High School Level)

Edited by Diamondeye83

• 2 weeks later...

I've worked as a tutor since college for all levels of students, so I am usually pretty good at breaking things down to fit a person's level. I also taught my own class through graduate school, so I do have that bit of perspective as far as what a professor is looking for in lower-level college courses.

I can tutor anywhere from grade school to advanced undergraduate for these subjects:

Psychology

Sociology

English

Linguistics

And these subjects I can tutor up through the 12th grade level and lower-level undergraduate:

Math

Algebra

Geometry

Statistics

I'm particularly good at:

Report writing

Research Papers

Coming up with example problems

I won't do your homework for you, but I will go through problems with you and may walk you through a problem or two so that you can understand your material better. I'm usually online, so feel free to message me if you're stuck on something! :)

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I could use some help in 8th grade history, I've a paper on gun (Wtf? Fun control?, can't believe I typed that) control coming up and I have to do a written outline, outline, and essay. Me and my friend are going to keep track how many times we cry during this assignment. Any help would be appreciated, please quote this if you respond.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Burning Endurance

I'm a literature professor specializing in World Literature (esp. Mythology). Message me for any help you need with essays/projects/questions. I'd be glad to help!

When I write my essay and maybe outline would you mind taking a gander at it?

I'm the Twilight Sparkle type: I love learning new things and dwelling in books. So if anyone of you can tell me something I don't know yet, I'm open to your teachings ;) There's only one condition: I use to learn from masters; that is, from people who really know what they know, and understand it, from their own experience. I'm not much interested in "schoolbook" knowledge, because it is just parroting what someone else has learned in the same way: by parroting someone else. (Not to mention such knowledge is usually purely theoretical and dry, and with no real value.) I prefer intuitive approach and understanding over roting and parroting.

Here's what I would like to learn:

• Languages (German, French, Latin, Greek, Hebrew -- those are at my "most wanted" list, because they are very common in Science, and if one wants to dig deeper into it, understanding them is a must).
  • Modern-day CSS & web design tricks (since I've got a bit out-of-date with what's new).
  • Money making (this is what I had the biggest problem with throughout all my life...).
  • Gardening (that is, how to grow natural food to support myself from my own garden ;) ).

Here's what I can teach you in return:

• Maths (from simple arithmetics and algebra, through solving polynomial equations, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, complex numbers & number theory, functions and analysis, differential equations of single and multiple variables)
  • Physics (study of motion, forces, gravity, electricity and magnetism, optics, wave phenomena, Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, atomic structure)
  • Chemistry (elements, chemical reactions & formulas, how atoms interact and make chemical bonds, functional groups and their function in different molecules, geometrical structures of molecules & crystals)
  • Biochemistry (photosynthesis, cellular respiration, metabolic pathways, biological molecules, their structures and functions, enzymes)
  • Music theory (harmony, intervals, scales, chords and how to match them with your melody, circle of fifths). But only piano or keyboard.
  • Languages (my native is Polish, and I know English pretty well too as a second language). But only in writing. I don't have equipment for voice communications, so you'd have to find the pronunciation somewhere else. I can only use your own alphabet to tell you how to pronounce something.
  • Programming (C++, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Ruby, LISP, general programming concepts, design patterns, design principles, refactoring)

But there's a catch: I teach in somewhat unconventional way, which may differ from what you can learn from your school teacher. That's because I emphasize on understanding and truth, not roting and myths. I won't tell you how to apply formulas mindlessly in a "plug and chug" manner, but where those formulas came from, how do they work, what geometry/physics hides behind them, and how to derive them whenever you need them. (But don't worry, I will tell you what are the differences and what can you show at school and what not, to avoid being punished for standing out from the dark masses ;-J You can use your magic in secrecy  ;) ).

BTW is this thread about tutoring for free? Or for some payment too?

I'm quite a busy guy. Most of the time I dive into books and do some research. So my time is precious (but worth the price! ;) ). But I'm quite a poor guy, so I won't sneeze if you are willing to pay me for my time. But if money is not an option, then we can exchange: knowledge for knowledge. Tell me something I don't know, and I'll tell you something you want to know, and we're even ;) I don't have much money to pay you for your time either, so this is probably the best we can settle on. I'm asking about $ too, just in case ;)

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested, but I'd love to share my horse/pony knowledge. 

I'll include:

>> Basic anatomy

>> Horse gear (Tack, etc.) {English riding! I do not know anything about Western riding}

>> Markings, coats, and breeds

>> Basic horse care

>> Paces, special paces and strides

>> Basic foods/digestive things 

>> Equine history

>> Events and how they differ from one another (English riding only!)

>> Basic horse back riding. I mean basic. And no, this will not be in real life. Just some things to think about if you ever find yourself on a horse. And if I haven't mentioned it enough, English riding!

>> And finally, discussing equestrianism and how it helps/effects you. 

So if anyone would like to take this short little course, I can take up to 3 people at once. You'll probably have short little bits of information that'll I'll review you on, and you'll watch a couple of videos of Olympic level show jumping or dressage or something. 

And then if you'd like for me to talk for even longer about horses, I'll offer you what I call "Equestrian Knowledge II"

>> More advanced horse back riding. As in, you'll learn how to jump a horse. Over the internet. 

>> More in-depth with equipment

>> More in-depth about events and showing 

So, if you're interested, just let me know!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have a very good English level, but French is my main language, so maybe I could help with that !

My time zone is GTM +1.

A random sentence to get the 100 minimum characters.

I would be willing to tutor anyone that needs help in math. :) I'm good at Algebra, and I can do differential and integral Calculus. I'll be taking Differential Calc next term so that will probably be my strongest. (I don't want to say Geometry because I haven't taken that for almost 5 years xP)

I can also help anyone out with Psychology if they need it for some reason. :)

I'm majoring in Psychology and planning on a minor in Math so those are my strongest areas. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, isn't this a sweet idea!  :D

I'm not really confident to name any one specific thing, but I might know a thing or two in middle or high school level classes. ^^

And I do love learning, but I'm not so good at it over the internetz.  -_-

I can do any sort of math up to high school Precalculus (everything from polynomial functions to log functions, as well as trig identities) and I know a good amount of Calculus (still taking my course -- currently a senior in HS. I've covered limits to concavity & curve sketching for polynomials).

• Brohoof 1

Can't there be some people doing art tutoring?

also:

I'm a complete boss at algebra, so I wouldn't mind being a tutor for that. I also know calculus, except I haven't taken it in a couple years. I'm also really good at spelling and grammar, if you need a tutor for that.

:okiedokielokie: ...dat text colour...

Can't there be some people doing art tutoring?

Actually I was wondering the same thing! I could use some help getting my basics back on drawing, but I didn't ask because I'm not sure if I'll have time. I still want to work on music theory but it's so hard to find time. :-( But at least I can squeeze in sketch practice here and there, like on the bus, right before work, etc...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Could somepony help me with math please?

I can help you with math. I'll send you a PM.

Bronyette does not have time to continue to maintain the original post. I asked her if she would like me to maintain it for her, and she said she would.

So, if you would like to be listed as a tutor, please PM me. Also, if you are a tutor and you have acquired the maximum number of students you wish to take on at one time, please PM me so that I can make your name red in the list, indicating that you are not accepting new students at this time.

Edited by SCS
Added additional information.