Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Scenarios-The Rehearsal in "A Canterlot Wedding"

Wardaddy

Imagine you were at the wedding rehearsal at Canterlot after Twilight got told off by Shining Armor. What would you have done? (Try to think up an answer without referring to the scene as seen on Youtube)

Personally, I would've stayed. And I'm not saying this because I'm watching the clip on YT, (no really, I'm not) I would've stayed because I always believed in Twilight. It's probably my undying sense of loyalty talking here, but I would've stayed with Twilight, comforting her to the very end. I'd even try to protect her from Chrysalis, no matter how futile my attempts would be. Long story short, nothing would matter to me other than to comfort Twilight, because I knew she was a good pony. (if I'm wrong, then pls correct me)

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

I would try to make Twilight feel better and tell her she has a bit of trust issues till we both get sent into the Canterlot mines then I would help her escape with Cadence and stop the wedding with the help of the Mane 6 to defeat Chrysalis

• Brohoof 1

While everyone did have a right to be irritated by Twilight's paranoia as she was personally attacking Cadence with no physical evidence.

Given with what we saw Cadence do to Shining Armor; I wouldn't be that hard on Twilight. I would probably defend her actually because Twilight wouldn't act like that without reason.

• Brohoof 1

It'd feel awkward, and I'd still leave(though out of uncomfortableness rather than disapointment), then peek back to see if everything simmered down

Chances are a lot of people here are going to repeat something along the lines of staying behind to comfort Twilight or stand up for her. So you honestly want to know what I would've done?

If I had just witnessed Twilight viciously accuse a member of the royal family of being evil with absolutely no evidence, accusations to which SA could easily dispel, chances are I would've disappointedly walked out in a huff, too. 

I would try to make Twilight feel better and tell her she has a bit of trust issues till we both get sent into the Canterlot mines then I would help her escape with Cadence and stop the wedding with the help of the Mane 6 to defeat Chrysalis

It's so weird that her friends just abandoned her!

Considering up until this point they learned so much about friendship, you would think that wouldn't all go out the window the moment there was a wedding and your BFFE was having issues.

As much as it pains me to say it, I would have probably walked out as well. Ignoring the fact that we know she was right in hindsight, none of the others saw what she saw or knew Cadance well enough to notice the sheer discrepancies of her personality, so to them Twilight was doing nothing more than being overly possessive and throwing what was, quite frankly, a temper tantrum. She was angry before they arrived because Shining Armor didn't tell her he was getting married beforehand and she had done nothing but complain ever since they got there, finally culminating into outright calling the bride evil with no solid evidence to back up her claims. 

With that being said however, I wouldn't have avoided her completely. I would have kept my distance, but would have waited until she had calmed down enough before trying to talk to her. Not that I would have gotten the chance to considering the events that followed but you get the idea. 

• Brohoof 1

It's so weird that her friends just abandoned her!

Considering up until this point they learned so much about friendship, you would think that wouldn't all go out the window the moment there was a wedding and your BFFE was having issues.

Well to be fair time and again Twilight's friends told her to relax about Cadence. Even before they got to Canterlot, Twilight was in a huff. Twilight never did calm down about it.

So by the time she made Fake Cadence cry they had enough of her paranoia and they decided to leave her alone to cool off.

Edited by Ember The Dragoness

Well to be fair time and again Twilight's friends told her to relax about Cadence. Even before they got to Canterlot, Twilight was in a huff. Twilight never did calm down about it.

So by the time she made Fake Cadence cry they had enough of her paranoia and they decided to leave her alone to cool off.

Yeah I can see this :), but I felt the pacing earlier on in the episodes felt weird and never impressed with enoguht (the train ride felt so poorly paced).

But even so at the end Celestia congratulated her to sticking to her instincts? :x

An interesting question. Most likely I'd believe Shining's explanations, since he knew a lot more about the state of things there than the mane 6. I'd definitely be in a panicked social anxiety state, trying to evaluate the long-term benefits and damages of my choice of who to comfort. On the one hand, I might have caved to the peer pressure to ditch Twilight. But especially if all the others left first, I might have the guts to stay and make sure she knows I don't hate her for being wrong.

Actually, I bet what would really happen is I'd work up the courage to stay, and then she'd yell at me to leave her alone and I'd hate myself for upsetting her worse.

But if I didn't stay, I'd hate myself for abandoning her. It was a lose-lose situation. Either way I'd spend the rest of my life running mental simulations of different things I could have said or done to make Twilight feel better. This is why I avoid social situations as much as possible.

I wouldn't really have any reason not to believe Shining. Twilight was acting crazy paranoid and possessive all episode, and even Twilight didn't have any confidence in her accusations once he laid out an alternate and innocuous explanation. It'd be incredibly awkward, but I imagine I might leave and try to talk to Cadence too. So far as I'd know, she was already a stressed out wreck who was just pushed over the edge by getting attacked by somebody she'd known since they were young, and somebody she'd been relying on for support in a difficult time. After making sure that she was ok, I think I'd check on Twilight, since she'd have had some time to think and might be ready for some reassurance.

Ok, I'll admit I missed the part where none of us would've been with Twilight when she caught Chrysalis casting her spell on Shining, so I'm going to up the ante a bit. How would you have reacted when you returned to the wedding hall, only to find Twilight missing?

"Huh. I thought this room only had one entrance. I guess she decided to teleport away...? I heard that unicorns can do that."

Realistically, just about any response here is going to be biased. If you've viewed every moment of a story from a particular character's point of view, you're just about always going to root for that character. Even people like Darth Vader, in a way...

"Huh. I thought this room only had one entrance. I guess she decided to teleport away...? I heard that unicorns can do that."

Realistically, just about any response here is going to be biased. If you've viewed every moment of a story from a particular character's point of view, you're just about always going to root for that character. Even people like Darth Vader, in a way...

Ok, lets keep that, but add on the part where you wanted to check on Cadance, only to find she's not in her personal quarters, despite the fact she ran off earlier?

I would believe Twilight or at least give her the benefit of the doubt regardless. I can kind of see Shining Armor and Celestia getting mad, they actually knew Cadence. But it really pissed me off that all her friends turned on her for a stranger.