Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Equestia Divided Reboot

GreyScholar

Prior to your suggestion, I'd skipped over it. After reading the forces list, I immediately thought of Warhammer (Fantasy, not 40K).

What exactly is Warhammer about?  

Also, that last part sounds sarcastic. Not accusing, just making an observation.

Eh, sarcasm is my nature, so it kind of slips in occasionally without my say-so.  

• Brohoof 1

Warhammer is a fantasy world locked in a state of never ending conflict where no faction ever gains the upper hand on another.  While territory may shift and power sway from ruler to ruler, the war never truly ends and no one will ever prevail.

• Brohoof 2

This is a question that cannot be easily explained in a short period of time, but I'm going to try anyway.

If we're talking Warhammer 40,000 (sci-fi fantasy sort of setting and the origin of GRIMDARK) then the gist is that it's the 40th Millenium and, I quote, "There is only war." Humanity is "ruled" by the - for all intents and purposes - dead God Emperor, whose will alone is sustained by the baroque machinery of the Golden Thrones. However, his will clashes daily with the daemons of the warp and prevents Chaos from consuming the Imperium of Man. Following his death ten millenia ago, the Imperium of Man has had to grow steadily more oppressive and brutal to prevent the extunction of mankind by the myriad forces ranged against the. The duties of defending the Imperium are given over to the Imperial Guard (think Soviet line infantry - lots of men, lots of tanks, brute force) the Ecclesiarchy and the Sisters of Battle (a religious group responsible for hunting witches and heretics) and the Space Marines (elite super-soldiers who undergo rigorous training and are implanted with various contraptions to make them even more deadly.)

Enemies of the Imperium include:

Eldar - Space Elves, essentially, who are almost extinct, but sometimes serve as allies to humanity.

Dark Eldar - Dark Space Elves who must harvest souls to avoid the fate of their light bretheren.

Chaos - The malicious Gods who rule the warp and find humans especially easy to corrupt, resulting in Chaos Daemons and Chaos Space Marine (Google Horus Heresy)

Tau - The closest race to peaceful in the galaxy, they have technology far superior to th humanity and use a caste system to further the cause o the Greater Good.

Necrons - Ancient beings tricked into giving up their bodies for living metal constructs, they killed the beings who deceived them and slept for millenia. Now they hve awoken and seek to restore their former glory.

Orks - No explanation is necessary; they like to hit things and make things explode.

Don't think I've missed anyone. :lol:

EDIT: Wait, I missed Tyranids. Basically they're a hive of insects joined by the Hive Mind, and they eat everyone. :lol:

Edited by Archi the Sandworm
  • Brohoof 1

This is a question that cannot be easily explained in a short period of time, but I'm going to try anyway.

If we're talking Warhammer 40,000 (sci-fi fantasy sort of setting and the origin of GRIMDARK) then the gist is that it's the 40th Millenium and, I quote, "There is only war." Humanity is "ruled" by the - for all intents and purposes - dead God Emperor, whose will alone is sustained by the baroque machinery of the Golden Thrones. However, his will clashes daily with the daemons of the warp and prevents Chaos from consuming the Imperium of Man. Following his death ten millenia ago, the Imperium of Man has had to grow steadily more oppressive and brutal to prevent the extunction of mankind by the myriad forces ranged against the. The duties of defending the Imperium are given over to the Imperial Guard (think Soviet line infantry - lots of men, lots of tanks, brute force) the Ecclesiarchy and the Sisters of Battle (a religious group responsible for hunting witches and heretics) and the Space Marines (elite super-soldiers who undergo rigorous training and are implanted with various contraptions to make them even more deadly.)

Enemies of the Imperium include:

Eldar - Space Elves, essentially, who are almost extinct, but sometimes serve as allies to humanity.

Dark Eldar - Dark Space Elves who must harvest souls to avoid the fate of their light bretheren.

Chaos - The malicious Gods who rule the warp and find humans especially easy to corrupt, resulting in Chaos Daemons and Chaos Space Marine (Google Horus Heresy)

Tau - The closest race to peaceful in the galaxy, they have technology far superior to th humanity and use a caste system to further the cause o the Greater Good.

Necrons - Ancient beings tricked into giving up their bodies for living metal constructs, they killed the beings who deceived them and slept for millenia. Now they hve awoken and seek to restore their former glory.

Orks - No explanation is necessary; they like to hit things and make things explode.

Don't think I've missed anyone. :lol:

EDIT: Wait, I missed Tyranids. Basically they're a hive of insects joined by the Hive Mind, and they eat everyone. :lol:

So I'm new to the whole 40K thing but I had thought that the Sisters of Battle were a sub-group of the Inquisition?

So I'm new to the whole 40K thing but I had thought that the Sisters of Battle were a sub-group of the Inquisition?

Technically they're both sub-groups of the Adeptus Divisions.

Think you're right there actually since they're officially the Ordo Hereticus IIRC. Pretty sure they maintain close ties with the Ecclesiarchy since a lot of their dogma stems from that, unlike Space Marines who have their own particular cults.

Why are we all talking warhammer again? *waves at people* also! Does anyone else has a problem with missing (1) [searching] in the topic title? In the bookmarks? I use it for you know tracking replies ._.

Sighs, you know I have an idea that should work for me better and make it so that I don't miss any bio links or other wishing to join can people wanting me to look over there character or have me add them to the list of players. Also do not forget to choose a faction for your character, as I will allow no more then five characters without a faction.

Lastly, for the time being, every member is allowed two characters only, not counting those playing one of the Six Gifted as they are plot focused antagonists that wont see has much use as the other characters.

I must say I greatly enjoy your character, and after speaking to you in PM I don't have an issue with your character believing he is married to the Laughing Mare... he may be delusional or perhaps the Laughing Mare is using him but as long as no rule is being broken that bit is fine. Your character is one of the few that don't have any overtly powerful abilities or powers, which is something I am grateful to see.

Approved

Might I get my OC checked out when you get around to it? It needs some tweaking but I hope it's enough to guarantee my place. I'll be using Tarot and her link is in my signature if you didn't see my post that earlier. I appreciate it smile.png

Interesting, Tarot and Stardream meeting would be a strange encounters, (she is a seer that speaks with the stars and has strange dreams to learn the future, yet neither of which are very clear or makes sense so she rarely understands what she learns). All in all though I do like your character.

Your backstory is pretty short, how did Tarot get her cutie mark? Did she have any friends? What of her time after leaving the gypsy camp, did she have the chance of traveling anywhere? You did consider he time with her family and growing up but apart from that you don't have much before going onto the Equestria Divided part of Tarot's backstory... yet from her age that makes sense as she would have been only two years old when the royal sisters disappeared. Hmm

Honestly I may suggest just having her backstory be combined, no need to have the Equestria Divided part in Other when she would only have 2 years before the start of the upheaval. What is her faction?

Updated Poppy's backstory and added her Equestria Divided bio. Hopefully the new one is up to standard.

Who trained her to be a solider? What is her faction?

@@EquestrianScholar,

She's in House Earthborn. The rest I am working on slowly. Also, outside of training her, how is the name of her mentor relevant? (genuine curiosity, as it will help out greatly)

Also, I'd like to put forward one of my other OCs, Kinetic Energy, for House Moon and Star.

Sighs, you know I have an idea that should work for me better and make it so that I don't miss any bio links or other wishing to join can people wanting me to look over there character or have me add them to the list of players. Also do not forget to choose a faction for your character, as I will allow no more then five characters without a faction.  

Lastly, for the time being, every member is allowed two characters only, not counting those playing one of the Six Gifted as they are plot focused antagonists that wont see has much use as the other characters.

Okie dokie. Only two characters. Darn.

I don't know who to pick though. I enjoyed Evergreen, Encore not so much, in the original. And I had a pretty decent plan for North and Cascade. Can I get away with three? Drop Encore, and add Cascade and North? I'll be able to tie their stories into his, I think. :/

he asks, fully expecting a "no you can't" in response.

I'll have to think on it.

Edited by Descant

Lastly, for the time being, every member is allowed two characters only, not counting those playing one of the Six Gifted as they are plot focused antagonists that wont see has much use as the others.

Scholar, you've already added Star Rain, North Shine, and Ginseng. Do you want me to get rid of one of them?

@@Descant,

Well, in my opinion if we don't get enough players or OCs I would allow three, but Scholar probably wouldn't change the rue and The RP has yet to begin. 

@@@Windbreaker,

Damn There a lot to Warhammer... But Yes Windy Yoorik did model Equestria Divided after Warhammer. Its where he got the inspiration from. 

@@Spell Shock,

There are times it doesn't work. Just remember to refresh the page every now and again.

@@MagicalStarRain,

Tsk Tsk Tsk. You and your big mouth, look at what you've done! They all got off topic! lol jk. 

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

@@EquestrianScholar,

She's in House Earthborn. The rest I am working on slowly. Also, outside of training her, how is the name of her mentor relevant? (genuine curiosity, as it will help out greatly)

Also, I'd like to put forward one of my other OCs, Kinetic Energy, for House Moon and Star.

Okay then

The name wont exactly matter, unless they are will alive as they can then perhaps appear in the roleplay as a NPC.

Tell me when your characters are updated.

Okie dokie. Only two characters. Darn.

I don't know who to pick though. I enjoyed Evergreen, Encore not so much, in the original. And I had a pretty decent plan for North and Cascade. Can I get away with three? Drop Encore, and add Cascade and North? I'll be able to tie their stories into his, I think. :/

he asks, fully expecting a "no you can't" in response.

I'll have to think on it.

For now, though once we get a more solid list of players and approved characters I can perhaps allow you a third character.

She left the earthbound to join the cult of laughter, and I'll add more when I'm back to my computer smile.png

You mean House Earthborn to join the Cult of Laughter? If so that could work, just make sure to explain the process in the backstory. Now if you had said she had left one House and joined another House that would be a problem. The Houses are to suspicious and distrustful of the others (among other things) for them to allow a member of another House join theirs.

Scholar, you've already added Star Rain, North Shine, and Ginseng. Do you want me to get rid of one of them?

Hmm, well for now keep them but if we get too filled up I may need to ask you give on up.

@@Descant,

Well, in my opinion if we don't get enough players or OCs I would allow three, but Scholar probably wouldn't change the rue and The RP has yet to begin.

My main consider is the roleplay being overwhlemed, as if you remember it did get chaotic at times before when we had a lot of characters. Yet it is also because I want to give more players the chance to play, if we allow players to have too many characters it could take away the chance for another to play.

@@Descant,

Fair enough.

For now, though once we get a more solid list of players and approved characters I can perhaps allow you a third character.

In that case, I think I'll go with Cascade and North Arrow, and I'll re-approve Evergreen if you decide we need her for Everfree. Speaking of which, could I get someone to review Cascade for me? Jeez. Doesn't matter who.

You mean House Earthborn to join the Cult of Laughter? If so that could work, just make sure to explain the process in the backstory. Now if you had said she had left one House and joined another House that would be a problem. The Houses are to suspicious and distrustful of the others (among other things) for them to allow a member of another House join theirs.

Couldn't she technically still be in House Earthborn and join the Cult of Laughter? I don't remember it saying anywhere that you had to leave a House to join the Cult. In fact I remember it saying that anypony could be a cultist, and anyone savvy enough could pull off the whole double-agent thing as a Cult-loyal member of any house, not just Earthborn.

(edited)

Fair enough.

In that case, I think I'll go with Cascade and North Arrow, and I'll re-approve Evergreen if you decide we need her for Everfree. Speaking of which, could I get someone to review Cascade for me? Jeez. Doesn't matter who.

Couldn't she technically still be in House Earthborn and join the Cult of Laughter? I don't remember it saying anywhere that you had to leave a House to join the Cult. In fact I remember it saying that anypony could be a cultist, and anyone savvy enough could pull off the whole double-agent thing as a Cult-loyal member of any house, not just Earthborn.

I will look over the character

Yes technically they could.

Speaking of which, could I get someone to review Cascade for me?

Ooh, yes I do like Cascade Swirl. I say approved :)

Though what faction will she be a part of?

----------

Also Spell Shock is approved.

Just make sure to add someone the back so she had been a member of House Moon and Star as well as her being, perhaps uncertain and untrusting, recent member of the Guardians somewhere and her backstory.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

I will look over the character

Yes technically they could.

Ooh, yes I do like Cascade Swirl. I say approved smile.png

Though what faction will she be a part of?

----------

Also Spell Shock is approved.

Just make sure to add someone the back so she had been a member of House Moon and Star as well as her being, perhaps uncertain and untrusting, recent member of the Guardians somewhere and her backstory.

I didn't have a plan for a faction yet. All I've got so far is that she's factionless and set against Stormwing and Whitegold. I was thinking possibly the Cult could sway her, or else in the RP someone could talk her into fighting for their specific cause, but if you want her to have a faction now, I reckon I could tweak it easily enough to put her in Whitegold instead of setting her against it, as a sort of, I dunno, emissary based around Ponyville. Someone to steal treasures from ponies, or else scavenge them from the lake bottom, and send them back to Manehattan to increase their wealth there.

North Arrow featured prominently in her story and he's gonna be a part of Stormwing. He could have been the architect for the Ponyville Flood if you approve. He's a bit of a geography buff. I haven't gotten around to writing his story yet but I think it would work.

And I can add Evergreen back in down the road if you need someone in Everfree later on. I can just rewrite it so Descant isn't alive anyore.

Edited by Descant

(edited)

-snip-

As long as we don't get over five factionless (hopefully) I'm sure we can work something out though I would probably prefer you to have her gain a faction as soon as possible. Edited by EquestrianScholar

@@EquestrianScholar @@AnonBrony

Alrightly, I wrote about North Arrow's Equestria Divided experience. If I could get any of you important people to read his page, it'd be nice to get him confirmed. Or if I need to change it, It'd be fine, too. http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/north-arrow-r2050

Edited by Descant

So...here comes that time again =/
I'm gonna have to drop for good. I've had a fantastic image of the musician on top of a mountain playing a badass Song but I cant keep up with the OOC so...the RP Is gonna be a totally different story.
Recently I've just been kinda...not interested in RP's...and will most likely be leaving the forums for the foreseeable future.

You're all amazing people and I want to thank you for this fantastic RP and making my time on the forums wonderful.

*Walks off into the sunset to this song*

THIS NEVER HAPPENED img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png 

Edited by ~Crystal Fire~
  • Brohoof 2