Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pumpkin Fluttershy carving!

Bugplayer

Hello there!

I'll just copy/paste this from my deviant art, I'm starving img-1908033-1-ohmy.png

So yeah!

This is my first try at carving. This took me hum.... 6 Hours? X.x
(WHAT?! SIX HOURS?!)

Well yes!! 
It doesn't seems like it, but Pumpkins carving takes a looong time, because, there's no ''undo button", which isn't is the case with Photoshop. img-1908033-2-biggrin.png
If you make a mistake, well, you gotta deal with it. 

Also, I took black carbon paper to tranfer the drawing, NEVER USE BLACK.
Since the pumpkin skin can be compared to wax, the carbon paper doesn't quite print very well on it.

On the other hand, I bought a second one, in case I screw everything on the first one, which surprisely wasn't the case. So I may consider doing a second one... maybe... img-1908033-3-derpy_emoticon2.png

Anyways, there it is:

img-1908033-3-my_little_pony__fluttershy

I probably should have made the skin a little brighter though, personal opinion img-1908033-4-tongue.png

Note: Just changed the image, for quality purposes ^.^
Edited by Bugplayer
  • Brohoof 43

ohmy.png Oh my goodness Bugsy, this Fluttershy pumpkin carving is simply seasonably sensational!!!  In the spirit of Pinkie Pie, I'm going to go make up a word and say that this piece of art is simply pumpkerriffic!!! laugh.png  Thanks very much for getting in the spirit of the season and sharing some holiday-appropriate artwork on the forums! derpy_emoticon1.png

Sandmare_2230.jpg

Princess Luna Approves This Festive S*** vsTALhM.png 

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 5

This looks really awesome biggrin.png! Great job. If people celebrated Halloween in my country I would surely try to make something like this as well (inspired by you of course biggrin.png) to have some great decorations. I'd try to make one with Princess Luna on it though, just to stay in the spirit of Nightmare Night. And Rainbow Dash because... umm... TO MAKE EVERYTHING 20% COOLERimg-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png ! (yeah that's it wub.png

Edited by Armchair Adventurer
  • Brohoof 1

img-1908106-1-ohmy.png Oh my goodness Bugsy, this Fluttershy pumpkin carving is simply seasonably sensational!!!  In the spirit of Pinkie Pie, I'm going to go make up a word and say that this piece of art is simply pumpkerriffic!!! img-1908106-2-laugh.png  Thanks very much for getting in the spirit of the season and sharing some holiday-appropriate artwork on the forums! img-1908106-3-derpy_emoticon1.png

img-1908106-4-Sandmare_2230.jpg

Princess Luna Approves This Festive S*** img-1908106-5-vsTALhM.png 

Haha, pumpkerriffic XD Pinkie Taught you well !happy.png 

And It's a pleasure for me to share this with everyone awesome bronies like you out there ^.^

I'm happy it please you! 

This looks really awesome img-1908121-1-biggrin.png! Great job. If people celebrated Halloween in my country I would surely try to make something like this as well (inspired by you of course img-1908121-2-biggrin.png) to have some great decorations. I'd try to make one with Princess Luna on it though, just to stay in the spirit of Nightmare Night. And Rainbow Dash because... umm... TO MAKE EVERYTHING 20% COOLERimg-1908121-3-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png ! (yeah that's it img-1908121-4-wub.png

Inspired by me?

Don't make me blush! blush.png

I'm really interested with your luna as well, I hope to see it in a near future, and hear about your good (and bad) experiences ^.^

• Brohoof 2

Wow how did you make this? I wish I could make one with Pinkamena on it.

Don't judge me. It's for the sake of Halloween.

And maybe one with a shadowbolt and one with Princess Luna or Nightmare Moon.

Seriously hob did you make this? What supplies did you use? :D

Edited by Candy Blaze
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow how did you make this? I wish I could make one with Pinkamena on it.

Don't judge me. It's for the sake of Halloween.

And maybe one with a shadowbolt and one with Princess Luna or Nightmare Moon.

Seriously hob did you make this? What supplies did you use? img-1908799-1-biggrin.png

I used an stone carving knife

Reference here: 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=stone+carving+knife&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=g-RRUuKiKM3YyQGg3IHAAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955&dpr=1#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=bQbZngPv-tdMoM%3A%3BDMYe5EkAKBtyOM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi01.i.aliimg.com%252Fwsphoto%252Fv2%252F868007391_1%252FFreeshipping-10pcs-Hobby-font-b-Rocks-b-font-Stone-Cut-Knife-Set-Graver-Burin-font-b.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.aliexpress.com%252Fpopular%252Frock-carving-tools.html%3B1000%3B750

Whoa, that is what I call a long link...

Anyways... That what I used. Though, it's personal preferences. It's because, since it's used for stones, it doesn't lose it's sharpness on a silly pumpkin tongue.png Anything similar will work.

Also, I used carbon paper to transfer what you want to draw.

I fixed it behind a black outlined picture of Fluttershy I printed on a white sheet.

And preferably, a pumpkin.

And LOTS of patience is also recommended ^.^

Just carve the brightest parts first.

And remember, the more you dig in the fruit, the more bright it will be img-1908799-2-wink.png

I would also recommend to try your tools a little bit on the back, like I did, to see how the spoken tools feels 

Hehe... Spoken... Spooky..img-1908799-3-blink.png

Edited by Bugplayer
  • Brohoof 1

Thats awesome :3

I believe that is the first time i have seen a pony pumpkin carving :D

Well done, i can barely scoop the crap out of a pumpkin, let alone carve it! XD

• Brohoof 1

This is so freaking cool! I can't believe you did this, its just so impressive!

I just love it <3. Its just so awesome!

I really don't know what to say, its just awesome. To much...

Awesome job.

• Brohoof 1

That looks really great! I can't wait to carve a few pumpkins myself but I'm not as good xD I still do the usual "Nightmare Before Christmas" carving face.

Oh well...perhaps one day I shall try to carve Nightmare Moon.

• Brohoof 1

No way, that looks so awesome!

If I were you though, I'd make a pinkamena to make things even scarier. XD

But even though, excellent work as it's amazing!

Ooooh Pinkamena...

Like I said, I have a second fruit in stock. And it would fit perfectly in the spirit.

She could hold a knife and say ''Can I try as well?

Or something like that... Yes! :3

Thats awesome :3

I believe that is the first time i have seen a pony pumpkin carving biggrin.png

Well done, i can barely scoop the crap out of a pumpkin, let alone carve it! XD

....FIRST

There's probably a tons existing actually. 

I think the winner last year was double faced carving, with Derpy's face on one side and Derpy's butt on the other, which is pretty hilarious if you ask me derpy_emoticon2.png

This is so freaking cool! I can't believe you did this, its just so impressive!

I just love it <3. Its just so awesome!

I really don't know what to say, its just awesome. To much...

Awesome job.

Yay! yay.png

You flatterer, take all of my appreciation! laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

it turned out so well, I wish i could carve pumpkins like that if i could I would do one of Twily and Vinyl but there's no denying that your flutterpumpkin is amazing!

Edited by Cakebandit
  • Brohoof 2

That is BEAUTIFUL! Bonus points for it being Fluttershy ;)

I was thinking of doing the elements of harmony though I suppose I'd be spending the majority of my pumpkin budget on that. I'm nowhere near as good as you, though. I haven't gotten the hang of shaving it for the extra detail. Amazing work!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Oh. My. God.

Seriously, how did you do that?! I can barely make a corny face on a pumpkin, let alone Fluttershy! Great work, my friend! Keep it up!

Thanks my friend!

And if you're interested, I posted on a reply how to do it, if you're interested ^.^

That looks really great! I can't wait to carve a few pumpkins myself but I'm not as good xD I still do the usual "Nightmare Before Christmas" carving face.

Oh well...perhaps one day I shall try to carve Nightmare Moon.

What do you mean you're not as good?

Listen dear, this is my first try! I'm sure you can have marvelous result if you're well prepared! img-1911422-1-laugh.png

Keep me up to date with your projects, I'm interested to see it ^.^

ERMAHGERD! It's so awesome!

You really did a brilliant job on this! I envy your pumpkin-carving skills... img-1911422-2-tongue.png

Keep carvin'! img-1911422-3-wink.png

~Sweet Dreams

Thx Pikatchu! :3

I shall keep, since may have a paranoid pink pony to try hehe img-1911422-4-tongue.png

it turned out so well, I wish i could carve pumpkins like that if i could I would do one of Twily and Vinyl but there's no denying that your flutterpumpkin is amazing!

Well you can't know your skills if you don't try wink.png

Also, I'm happy it please you! :3

I love it!  i think the skin is bright enough the mane would be nice bright though. Not like i can talk though i'm rubbish at carving pumpkins. img-1911285-1-sad.png

Maybe you don't have the right technique. Did you check tips and tricks?

I didn't but it may help ya tongue.png

That is BEAUTIFUL! Bonus points for it being Fluttershy wink.png

I was thinking of doing the elements of harmony though I suppose I'd be spending the majority of my pumpkin budget on that. I'm nowhere near as good as you, though. I haven't gotten the hang of shaving it for the extra detail. Amazing work!

You flatterer ^.^

Like I said, Fluttershy pumpkins are best pumpkins!

I'm interested to see your project when it's finished. Send me a note when you're done! biggrin.png

Edited by Bugplayer
  • Brohoof 2

Oh my goodness that is so great! Is this your first time carving a pumpkin? That looks stellar. Very very good job! I'm so jelly of it img-1911603-1-ohmy.png 

post-9970-0-45841800-1381267643_thumb.jpg

Hum sorry laugh.png

Thank you for your compliment ^.^ I'm glad you like it!

Wow, you did a pretty amazing job on that! biggrin.png You're really into the Halloween (and pony) spirit this season, I see. tongue.png I wish I had some Fluttershy pumpkins.

Well, if you have the time, you can always try to do one.

If you have the patience of coursesmile.png

• Brohoof 3

Oh wow, it's pumpkin carving season!  And I really like this one.  :)  Super job there. 

It reminds me a bit of a forum banner we had last year which was a picture of a Twilight Sparkle pumpkin carving. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh wow, it's pumpkin carving season!  And I really like this one.  smile.png  Super job there. 

It reminds me a bit of a forum banner we had last year which was a picture of a Twilight Sparkle pumpkin carving. 

Do you mean this one?

It was used as the thumbnail of this year's competition

post-9970-0-58037000-1381279947_thumb.jpg

Wow! That is really awesome! I might use the idea and make a Vinyl Scratch pumpkin. ohmy.png

But I'm waiting until a day or two before Halloween. tongue.png

Vinyl sounds awesome ^.^ Send me a note when it's finished :3

thats amazing its done so perfectly if i lived next to you i would do this to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS0IUTlq_gk just pretend the pumpkin is the necklace but, dont you think the pumpkin will rot by halloween

Haha XD That made my day, honestly.

And yes, Fluttershy will probably turn into a demon before halloween, sadly sad.png

• Brohoof 1