Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RushBrony

Does Zecora deserve more credit? I think so. She taught Twilight inner peace when she was banished from Ponyville by Trixie, and saved Applebloom from the Cutie Pox. So what do you think?

• Brohoof 4

Underrated, nah mostly just under used, they could find more things to put her into but they just choose not to and when twilight got banished from ponyville i was hoping she would call on princess Luna, would have been better

• Brohoof 2

She helped the mane six on occasion and in my opinion she is a fun character with a lot of potential for future stories. The fans seem to like and appreciate her alright so I don't feel she is underrated but I'd definitely like her role to be expanded. Maybe even get an episode focusing on her. Why she came to ponyville and other things like that.

Edited by ~Chaotic Adventurer~
  • Brohoof 2

She's not underrated, she's just not used that often.  I hope we get some more of her in S4.  She is a good character that has helped the mane 6 before.  

I agree that she is very underused, but that might be intentional as she's the wise hermit/friendly outsider. If she became a regular character, it might eat a bit at her mystique and kill the character a bit.

Also, all that rhyming has to be a bit tricky/annoying to write if you do it do much.

• Brohoof 3

Yep very underused. She's the Yoda of the MLP universe and she deserves mroe screen time accordingly. Would love to get a backstory epsiode from her but sadly doubt that might ever happen.

• Brohoof 1

I see her as both underrated and underused. I haven't seen too many fans of her, of course, I haven't been looking.

The whole rhyming thing can be annoying to write after a while, but I do hope to see more of her in future episodes when she's needed.

Zecora is one of those characters that is used mostly when the main characters need some assistance of sorts. That has been her role for mostly every time she's been featured thus far. I don't think she is underused though, they use her when the time is right. I might be willing to say she is somewhat underrated, she's one of those characters that people just seem to forget.

What I'm wondering is if people have just gotten used to her is all. The hype around her seems most evident in the wake of episodes she has played a part in; namely in Magic Duel. Well, it's been a while since the last episode Zecora made an appearance in, hasn't it?

Really, when she first appeared, everything about her screamed "exotic". 

I only recently grew a liking to Zecora, so hopefully we'll see more of her in season 4.

As for her being underrated, I somewhat agree. I've seen fans of her, but not a lot. All she really needs is more screen time.

Zecora is underrated, yes, by both the fandom and the show, however, I would much rather have her be underrated, but a good basis for a character, rather than to be overrated such as Derpy, BonBon, or Lyra.

• Brohoof 1

Zecora is underrated, yes, by both the fandom and the show, however, I would much rather have her be underrated, but a good basis for a character, rather than to be overrated such as Derpy, BonBon, or Lyra.

Wait people rate bon bon?  Yes people rate bon bon next to lyria, but  does bon bon herself has fans?  she's kinda the jerry lious and lyria's the dean martin of that click.  we both know who the real star is.

Back on topic.  Hum.Zecora gets a fair amount of air time.  I might suggest Zecora is Over powered.

Why?  0 mental defects ^^.  Hell luna is the co ruler of equistra and she has mental flaws. 

Let me suggest something wacky.

What if zecora was in the main cast.

It wouldn't work because as far as I could tell she's never be the one in need.

Edited by FNGRpony

She is more of the lines of underrated/underused, which is a good thing because having too much popularity can lead to a lot of bad things that could affect a character. It's better to not be used as much or not have as much popularity than to not have anything at all.

I'd say she's more under used than underrated. A friend of mine has a Zecora bag, which is pretty awesome. I didn't even know they had Zecora merch. Anyways, she could be used a little more than she is already. Well, I guess I have hopes that she'll appear more in season 4!

She is more of the lines of underrated/underused, which is a good thing because having too much popularity can lead to a lot of bad things that could affect a character. It's better to not be used as much or not have as much popularity than to not have anything at all.

she's so OP she used her mad contract skills to stay out of Equistra girls lol.

I'm picturing how wrong bridal gossip would looked in human form,

with everyone freaking out about the African girl moving into town.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think she's underrated because frankly I don't find her to be very interesting. She's a typical voodoo witch-doctor character that really only does typical voodoo witch-doctor things. I don't feel like she's very complex or deep, and because of that I'm totally okay with seeing very little of her.

I don't think she's underrated because frankly I don't find her to be very interesting. She's a typical voodoo witch-doctor character that really only does typical voodoo witch-doctor things. I don't feel like she's very complex or deep, and because of that I'm totally okay with seeing very little of her.

I didn't see her fighting minions of the burning hells.  (diablo 3 joke). 

I could totally see Zecora talking to the changeling army holding a chicken going "you are the sickness in this land and I shell purge you!"

I think of Zecora as Yoda, Batman or The Oracle from The Matrix.......that the mane 6 only go to her when they absolutely need her. Not as a last resort, but because they know that she can help them.

She's not underrated...but not underused either.I like her. She's my fave zebra :P

Edited by ~Chaotic_Fluttershy~

I think of Zecora as Yoda, Batman or The Oracle from The Matrix.......that the mane 6 only go to her when they absolutely need her. Not as a last resort, but because they know that she can help them.

She's not underrated...but not underused either.I like her. She's my fave zebra tongue.png

And there you have it.

Zecora use is that sweet spot.  she's used the exact right amount.

No more, no less.

Not to say i wouldn't mind a little back ground on her character,

I mean we do know nothing about her, but hay no rush

Underrated? Of course she's underrated!

She's the most coolest, awesomest and all-around bestest character in the whole show!

Although it's true that it could ruin her character if she were to be overused. My view is pretty much the opposite of most people in this thread: she's not underused, but she definitely needs more appreciation from the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it seem like the reason she doesn't appear more often is the same reason most fanfic writers try to avoid featuring her in their stories; it's hard coming with fresh rhymes for a particular situation which can be exhausting for a writer, especially with the additional stress of working under a deadline and having quality work expected from you.

I believe that could be the biggest reason her character suffers from lack of screen time, despite her significance in at least three major crises.