Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bitter sweet, what fresh hell is this

FNGRpony

So any ways i was watching the mentally advanced series rainbow presents bitter sweet

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/rainbow-dash-presents-bittersweet.html#more

And i don't fallow fics that much so alot times these have me scratching my head (the most  i know is the monkeys in the work are suppose to be humans)

so i looked up the most recent one.

Someone wrote a fic where pinkie pie gets diabetes.

Now i want you to put this in perspective.

My heart and soul are three shades darker than night fall......

but what kind of sick buck gives pinkie pie diabetes?

I mean it is deliciously ironic, but gah.... ....... pinkie pie with diabetes Jesus that's a fate worse than death.

It's so wicked and cruel it gives wicked and cruel a bad name.

that's right up there if twilight went blind and couldn't read anymore.  (let me guess someone wrote that?).

See pinkie getting diabetes would explain and possibly excuse the murder rampage she goes on in cup cakes LOL.

Sorry the idea is so heart ranching.

• Brohoof 3

Have you actually read the story itself? It's far less about the idea of an infliction of diabetes than it is about the effect of Pinkie Pie no longer being there; it explores the effect it has on her friends, looking at themes of loss and acceptance, and is far more than you're currently giving it credit for. It's also wrenchingly sad, which is owed to very high-quality writing and tailoring.

• Brohoof 2

Dude don't take it too seriously, it's just someone's idea of a story it doesn't mean he would actually want Pinkie to have Diabetes and suffer for the rest of her life tongue.png

Heh it's just some times the world goes to a new dark place i can't even fathom lol.  A place i'm not prepared to go. 

and it's not as if Pinkie getting diabetes is some fantasy concept that would never happen considering the character.

It's not really about diabetes, it actually explores Pinkie Pie as a character and how she would feel if she lost her friends or exploring the theme of acceptance.

Umm, no it doesn't... it explores the characters of everybody but Pinkie. Pinkie is the one who dies in the beginning... have you even read it? >.>

And OP, the video you linked to begin with is probably the wrong perspective to take on the story. I would look it up on FiMFiction and read it right from the page.

Edited by ~Chaotic Flipturn~
  • Brohoof 1

Umm, no it doesn't... it explores the characters of everybody but Pinkie. Pinkie is the one who dies in the beginning... have you even read it? >.>

And OP, the video you linked to begin with is probably the wrong perspective to take on the story. I would look it up on FiMFiction and read it right from the page.

I didn't get a chance to read it yet, I don't know why the OP is overreacting over nothing really. I'll be looking for the story then.

I mean it is deliciously ironic, but gah.... ....... pinkie pie with diabetes Jesus that's a fate worse than death.

A very good friend of mine has diabetes. It's a far cry from a fate worse than death. She's very careful about what she eats, and is doing very well.

In this day and age (as I would assume is the case in Equestria) there are far more effective treatments and medications than we've had in the past dealing with diabetes. 

Plus, I'm pretty sure that a unicorn as magically adept as Twilight could conjure up some kind of spell to treat it, or have Zecora brew some kind of potion to completely cure it on the extremely unlikely scenario that ever did happen within FiM's continuity.

And the fact that she's Pinkie Pie also makes the idea seem even sillier as it's been well established in-canon that she can defy both the laws of nature and physics...so she probably has some sort of natural immunity to diseases (barring Poison Joke, of course.) 

So try not to let it bum you out too much.

(edited)

A very good friend of mine has diabetes. It's a far cry from a fate worse than death. She's very careful about what she eats, and is doing very well.

My dad has diabetes but this isn't a contest.

for a character like Pinkie,

ever hear personal hell? 

Like i said it would be like dash not being able to fly.

twilight not being able to read.

Apple jack not able to do anything on a farm ever again.

the concept of who it happened to,

is what strikes me as "wow that's brutal."

Edited by FNGRpony

"wow that's brutal."

Brutality often makes a good plot device. OFTEN, it means a story is written well, and edited fully to truly explore the theme of 'dark' and 'triggering'. I know what you mean though, it's very negative that Pinkie, of all of them, was the one to receive Diabetes. Even so, I think you're taking it a little seriously, as others in this thread have previously said. 

People generally enjoy exploring characters (even if the character explored here wasn't Pinkie herself), and it's an interesting thing to do, considering something this deep and possibly triggering wouldn't be on the show itself. Sometimes people have to interpret things on their own due to a lack of material on the show (not saying that the show is bad, but it lacks general issue like death and incredibly bad illness, from what I know - this makes it lovely though), and this goes for anything. People often explore the darker shades of what could happen, because it's perfectly known that most of it, if not ALL of the dark material, wouldn't appear in the show.

My dad has diabetes but this isn't a contest.

for a character like Pinkie,

ever hear personal hell? 

Like i said it would be like dash not being able to fly.

twilight not being able to read.

Apple jack not able to do anything on a farm ever again.

the concept of who it happened to,

is what strikes me as "wow that's brutal."

I wasn't making it a contest. I was just pointing out that no matter what the story said, diabetes is not necessarily a death sentence. It's just a non-canon story, so if you don't like it, just ignore it and move on to another one.