Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The sweet taste of ramen.

Chaos Storm

I just remembered something a friend showed me and is actually pretty good.

Just eat the dry ramen straight from the package. It's like a big cracker and the noodles have a pretty good taste on their own. Or if you're weird I guess you could crumble it up and put it on salad or something.

I love doing that.

But it f*cks your sh*t up something fierce. The noodles have a wax coating that your body can't digest .

• Brohoof 1

Isn't ramen sort of like dog food for college students?

That instant ramen crap is, I actually eat it whole all the time, just sprinkle the seasoning in top and *crunch*! ^_^

That instant ramen crap is, I actually eat it whole all the time, just sprinkle the seasoning in top and *crunch*! ^_^

That sounds, very salty.

As I mentioned before, I'm also a fan of uncooked ramen. The seasoning seems like a bit more than I could take though.

That sounds, very salty.

As I mentioned before, I'm also a fan of uncooked ramen. The seasoning seems like a bit more than I could take though.

Wait, you eat it without any seasoning on it!? :blink: Seems to me it would be just so...bland.

Has anyone here ever had real, fresh ramen? I spent a month backpacking across Japan, and let me tell you - that dried supermarket stuff just does not compare. It's nothing like the real thing. I had ramen for dinner almost every third or fourth night over there. The little 'ramen bars' are EVERYWHERE. If I couldn't think of anything more creative to try, I just skipped into a ramen place.

Heck, even fresh ramen from Japanese restaurants back home doesn't taste the same after having eaten the genuine article. I miss it. ;_;

• Brohoof 1

I use chicken or beef. I have a big microwave container.

Two packets. pulverize with my fist while still in the package. open mix in container with flavor packets and slightly too much water.

nuke for three minutes.

add a pound of hamburger and 8 ounces of shredded cheese. Add a bit more water if the noodles absorbed too much.

Nuke for three minutes.

Makes too much for one person to eat in a single sitting. Would be enough for two but the wife won't touch it. I've even used it for a dip with tortilla chips.

Has anyone here ever had real, fresh ramen? I spent a month backpacking across Japan, and let me tell you - that dried supermarket stuff just does not compare. It's nothing like the real thing. I had ramen for dinner almost every third or fourth night over there. The little 'ramen bars' are EVERYWHERE. If I couldn't think of anything more creative to try, I just skipped into a ramen place.

Heck, even fresh ramen from Japanese restaurants back home doesn't taste the same after having eaten the genuine article. I miss it. ;_;

We have a noodle house here in town that I sometimes go to, I freaking love it. But since this is a college town it's pretty expensive sometimes.

I'm kind of glad I've never had ramen. My parents made my family homecooked meals, and over a long period of time I learned the kind of disgusting stuff that goes into any food that you can leave in your pantry for four months and still eat. I'm sure I'd like it if I ever tried it, but it can't be very nutritious for you.

That said, I've not often been in the sort of financial situation that demands low-cost food like that.

• Brohoof 1

I love doing that.

But it f*cks your sh*t up something fierce. The noodles have a wax coating that your body can't digest .

As much as I love all kinds of Ramen, (I'm a mega-pastaholic.) I'm a bit leery of Ramen for this reason. For this reason, actually.

Regardless, when I do eat Instant Ramen, I tend to add tomato sauce from a jar into it. It makes it so much tastier. It's just ridiculously delicious.

I've never had real Ramen though. This recipe looks wonderful. I think I'll bookmark it.

Ramen is the best. I usually drain the noodles and mix in the packet of flavoring after draining it. I leave the slightest bit of water with the noodles so the flavoring mixes into them properly.

♫ "Ramen noodles for all the wins!"

I love Ramen noodles, especially the spice shrimp big bowels, that's what I save for late night internet cruises. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I eat them whenever I don't have much of anything good left in the house. They taste better when you add in your own mixtures of extra food like eggs, ham, and/or pepper.

I especially love eating this kind of bowl noodles:

HotSpicy_Chicken.gif

I had a habit of eating these while watching new episodes of MLP on Saturday mornings. So good~

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I eat them whenever I don't have much of anything good left in the house. They taste better when you add in your own mixtures of extra food like eggs, ham, and/or pepper.

I especially love eating this kind of bowl noodles:

img-2616699-1-HotSpicy_Chicken.gif

I had a habit of eating these while watching new episodes of MLP on Saturday mornings. So good~

Aw that's my brand! Love that stuff, the super spicy flavor!

I love how it makes my whole house smell like tacos. Mmmm~

As for real ramen, eh, I really don't like Japanese food, and that extends to ramen unfortunately. I haven't eaten it in Japan yet though, so I'm still open to having my mind changed. I'm much more partial to pho for my fresh noodle soup fixes.

Edited by nami438

• 3 months later...

I'm all about that low-sodium beef flavor.

Maybe crack an egg into it so it actually has some form of nutritional value.

Edited by Teller

7d8f3e336975dc70aceac7547b80ad26.jpg

Nissin chili flavor.

-smoosh the bag up to break the noodles tiny

-boil 4 minutes (3 minutes is a lie.  it makes the noodles hard)

-drain almost all the water out.  i wanna be able to get as much flavor out of that packet as i can

-dump in the seasoning packet, and dig out the little chili seeds cuz i hate biting into seeds

i used to eat the oriental flavor almost daily as a kid.  that's what our whole family lived off of for a long long time XD we'd always head it in the microwave, but i use the stove now.

• 9 years later...

Beef and chicken is what I've grown up eating. When I was younger it was SO good to put plastic American cheese inside the chicken flavor ones. I think they just have a cheese flavor now, or maybe it's always been there and I never noticed.

I don't like the shrimp or seafood ones as they do smell quite awful and don't taste too great to me.

Not too fond of the spicy ones either as they're too extreme on the spice level for me. If I want spice, I can add my own drop or two of chili oil or a little bit of sriracha. It depends on how I'm feeling.

With the beef flavor, sometimes I will strain the noodles, pour in the seasoning packet and some sugar, and add some green onions on top. It makes a nice midnight snack.

And typically with the chicken flavor, I will put in leftover chicken inside of it (like leftover fried chicken, I'll just repurpose all of the meat to use with the ramen) and maybe some random veggies if I can find them before they go bad. Again another midnight snack. I don't eat them on a regular, but they are quite convenient to have!

I did once have "real ramen" at a ramen shop over three years ago, it was great. When I go to work, I always eat a cup of instant chicken ramen noodles. When I was younger, I actually preferred beef ramen over chicken ramen, but my tastes changed. Beef still goes amazingly with ramen though. The original flavor of my favorite ramen, the Nissin brand, blends beef and shrimp together.