Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The sweet taste of ramen.

Chaos Storm

I have been eating a lot of ramen lately and I really like the shrimp flavor.  What are some good flavors of ramen?  Also what are some good combos to mix together?

(edited)

Sometimes I'll just eat plain shrimp or beef ramen.

I have a special recipe for ramen, I learned it from my grandmother:

-2 Packages of Shrimp Ramen Noodles

-A little bit of lemon

-A dab of salt

-A cup of white rice

-A tablespoon of pepper

-All of the nutmeg in your house. All of it.

-Three and a half squirrels

-Half a cup of Cement Mix

Cook in a kettle for 94 hours. Stir the entire time with an egg beater while reciting Hamlet, cutting out every third word. If it doesn't taste good afterwards, you did it incorrectly and must start over.

Edited by Tholos
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sort-of on a ramen kick, too lol.  Of the basic, easy-to-find flavors, I mostly eat the chicken.  But there are creamy chicken and picante chicken flavors that I enjoyed.  I rarely consume it in soup form (just drag the noodles out of the saucepan and douse them in spices), so I can potentially toss in actual chicken or even tuna without them getting soaked (tuna would probably work better with the shrimp flavor).  If you've leftover pork steak, you could mix bite-sized chunks with pork ramen.

I would eat shrimp or beef ramen, all flavors of ramen are good to me. When it comes to shrimp ramen, I devour the whole thing like it's my job. :P

-2 Packages of Shrimp Ramen Noodles

-A little bit of lemon

-A dab of salt

-A cup of white rice

-A tablespoon of pepper

-All of the nutmeg in your house. All of it.

-Three and a half squirrels

-Half a cup of Cement Mix

Cook in a kettle for 94 hours. Stir the entire time with an egg beater while reciting Hamlet, cutting out every third word. If it doesn't taste good afterwards, you did it incorrectly and must start over.

2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b5

Anyways, when I have ramen I usually just have Roast Chicken, or Shrimp Ramune. I've only ever had real ramen once. Some chef dude came to our school and made it for lunch. It was actually pretty good. Ramen with meat, and vegetables is better than generic store ramen. Also, he made some Sushi on the side. That was a good lunch.

No .-. These are noodles.

I got a pack of noodles once, spicy thailandaise thingy, and it had the second worst smell I've ever smelled after "strawberry juice mixed with cheese and butter popcorn all of this fermenting in a ziplock bag". But it tasted decent, only dat smell.

ergh.

(edited)

2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b5

Mortals just can't comprehend my ramen making skills. It's delicious, the concrete is the best tasting part.

Did I mention that I'm a cement mixer truck?

CementMixerM2439.jpg

Edited by Tholos
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Mortals just can't comprehend my ramen making skills. It's delicious, the concrete is the best tasting part.

Did I mention that I'm a cement mixer truck?

CementMixerM2439.jpg

ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-

Anyways, ramen sounds good. I might just have to take a trip to the store tonight and buy a pack of Ramen.

Edited by Mikami

Sadly(?), ramen has been spoiled for me.

A few years ago, I had a bout of food poisoning. Since ramen was the last thing I ate, I can't look at it without feeling ill, even though it was probably wasn't even the ramen that did it.

I used to really like Ramem Noodles, but one day after eating some, I got really sick.

Now, I hate em'

Something I wish I could get more of is real non-instant ramen. That stuff is good, and isn't even comparable to the stuff out of a packet. Hard to find outside of Japan though.

Though the instant stuff is good every now and then.

Hooray for ラーメン!

I eat it every once in a while. It's good tasting, especially the way I do it:

I cook it as the recipe says;

I proceed to drain all the water;

Then I add 1 tablespoon of butter

Add 2 tablespoons of shoyu (soy sauce)

Add half of the seasoning packet that comes with it

Mix it up real good

The butter melts and the soy sauce makes it extra salty, so it becomes very enjoyable to eat. There was a time when I used to eat ramen mixed with... erm... brazilian cream cheese (requeijão is the proper name, but whatever), but I find my new mixture to be a lot better.

People will probably hate me for this.

I just boil instant noodles, mix it with hot sauce, chilli power, garlic powder, and onion powder, and call it "ramen".

I know it's not ramen, but I don't have taste for a lot of these ingredients you mention. I hope that someday I can enjoy these other things in my noodles.

(edited)

I eat Maruchan, that sh*t is Mexican as f*ck x)

I've never had real ones.

Naruto sure as hell made it look good, though.

Edited by Dattebayo

I just remembered something a friend showed me and is actually pretty good.

Just eat the dry ramen straight from the package. It's like a big cracker and the noodles have a pretty good taste on their own. Or if you're weird I guess you could crumble it up and put it on salad or something.