Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Don't blame Angel

Mywas

It seems that a lot of bronies seem to think Angel the bunny is some kind of a satan for slapping Fluttershy in PYHD, although he in other episodes helped Fluttershy a lot of times, The Ticket Master, the newspaper episode, Hurricane Fluttershy and a lot of other episodes he was helping fluttershy.

So for what he did In ONE episode he became really hated.

But think about it this way, Who wrote that Episode? Merriwether, who wrote The Mare Do Well and Spike at your service, so we shouldn't blame him for that. We should just count that scene as not canon and MOVE ON

Edited by What

Well, it's still technically canon, even if the scene isn't the most...well...liked. I actually don't hate Angel, and the people who hate a character just because they were mean to  Fluttershy, a pony who cries all of the time, drive me a bit crazy. Angel has helped Fluttershy more than he has hurt her, and people seem to forget that.

• Brohoof 8

It almost sounds like you said we should blame Merriwether.

I honestly never had a problem with Angel in this episode even if he was pretty exaggerated exaggerated. I always believed he'd be a spoiled hell-raiser, but at least cares for Flutters(not shown here, but later in episodes like Hurricane Fluttershy and Ponyville Confidential)

well, personally i dislike angel, alot.

why?

not because she slapped fluttershy. i couldn't really care less about that. i just don't like rabbits.

i dunno why... i guess it has something to do with the rabbit of a friend of mine, wich is a rapist-oversexed-asshole.

(seriously, that rabbit is the devil)

• Brohoof 1

I find myself with the same issue. Normally, it's down to people who adore Fluttershy being all "That is not acceptable *Favourite pony and how innocent she is rant*" and while that's absolutely fine for people to feel that way, the lengths they'll go to to defend Fluttershy is absolutely ridiculous. I actually rather like Angel; I think he's a good character. Spoiled and somewhat annoying on occasion, but I believe that's what helps to keep his character so fresh, even though he is a minor one.

• Brohoof 2

Thing is, I have a neutral opinion on Fluttershy.

The issue I have with Angel is that he's generally just awful. He's impatient, he's needy, he's short-tempered, he's bratty...

The list goes on. He's just, I dunno, hate-able.

• Brohoof 2

I just don't like Angel because...well, he's a dick. Like Rockymoo said, he's just generally unpleasant. And not that I'm a huge Fluttershy fan (as some of you know all too well), but even I saw it as totally uncalled for when he slapped her. So let's see: Someone who gives you a loving home, feeds you daily, and all without expecting anything in return but your love...and then you turn around and smack a filly upside the head and say "BITCH, GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN."

...Seems like legit behavior to me. vsTALhM.png

Edited by Lowline

It's not that I dislike him because he slapped Fluttershy. It's one of many reasons, actually. Look at what he threatened to do at Just for Sidekicks. The fact he thought about doing so because he didn't get what he wanted is ridiculous. Also, in PYHD, he not only slapped Fluttershy, but kicked her our of the house and went completely berzerk over a cherry. He gets mad and acts like a douche for the most stupid reasons imaginable, and that's the reason why I dislike him so much.

• Brohoof 1

I'm probably the biggest Fluttershy "hater" on this site (for multiple reasons which I have listed before), and I admit I kind of LOL'd when that happened, but if that was my kid I'd probably punt them across the room and feed them sawdust from then on. Hate or no, you shouldn't cater to a brat. (I will be a terrible mother.)

I don't dislike Angel that much because he has been okay before for a minor character, but I think that scene was pretty overdone for who he is.

Asshat.

• Brohoof 1

Angel is anything but what his name suggests. Angel is a terrible bunny and a spoiled rotten rude creature. He is far worse to Fluttershy than Gilda ever was and Fluttershy welcomes Angel to live with her. He is not just disrespectful but violent as well, willing to throw things at her and hit her. He's practically evil. I don't like him at all. Maybe they should make an episode about Angel's bad behavior and make him learn a lesson that if you don't treat your friends right then they are not going to be your friends for long.

I have a rabbit. I adore Flutteryshy, but my rabbit has a bunnitude rather like Angel's. While I don't know that it was appropriate for a kids show, I laughed my butt off over that. However, I don't think it was particularly child appropriate. On the same token, look at looney toons. Oh well.

I think of Angel as the only way for Fluttershy to really be assertive. It helps her understand when she is being too passive in a situation, and helps move her forward. Angel also teaches her about when she needs to be assertive.

Angel is anything but what his name suggests. Angel is a terrible bunny and a spoiled rotten rude creature. He is far worse to Fluttershy than Gilda ever was and Fluttershy welcomes Angel to live with her. He is not just disrespectful but violent as well, willing to throw things at her and hit her. He's practically evil. I don't like him at all. Maybe they should make an episode about Angel's bad behavior and make him learn a lesson that if you don't treat your friends right then they are not going to be your friends for long.

Just let me ask you one thing.

Has Angel ever been rude to Fluttershy outside of putting your hoofs down? Even once?

If no then i rest my case

Just let me ask you one thing.

Has Angel ever been rude to Fluttershy outside of putting your hoofs down? Even once?

If no then i rest my case

Well, in "Dragonshy" when he kicked that carrot away was really rude.

And he is rude to other characters like Spike and perhaps even Discord by not being a good host.

Well, in "Dragonshy" when he kicked that carrot away was really rude.

And he is rude to other characters like Spike and perhaps even Discord by not being a good host.

He was eating it until flutter told him not to eat too fast, he might been insulted by that comment.

And Discord was a big jerk to Angel in that episode not to mention that discord was an evil god once . And the spike thing is more of a rivaly or a mistrust than anything else

I kinda like angel's jerk ness LOL.  I mean for someone with no lines he has alot character.

certainly more than sombre

snips and snails,

I can't imagine angel talking.  Not sure i want to lol

Sometimes, Angel is mean for no apparent reason whatsoever in a lot of episodes even for a minor character. Angel is probably the only thing that can stop Fluttershy from being too passive.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes, Angel is mean for no apparent reason whatsoever in a lot of episodes even for a minor character. Angel is probably the only thing that can stop Fluttershy from being too passive.

well i've stated in the past there has to be a jerk on the show.  Look at TMNT and Raphael.  it's a major arch type.  Not just on tv but in life (but i'm not telling you anything you didn't know any way).

You know who would be a good owner for angel?

Diamond tiara.  birds of a feather LOL.

or at least when angel smacks her we'll all giggle.

• Brohoof 1

well i've stated in the past there has to be a jerk on the show.  Look at TMNT and Raphael.  it's a major arch type.  Not just on tv but in life (but i'm not telling you anything you didn't know any way).

You know who would be a good owner for angel?

Diamond tiara.  birds of a feather LOL.

or at least when angel smacks her we'll all giggle.

No, theres is no reason to have Diamond Own Angel, at least with Fluttershy he sometimes tries to help her, having Diamond own him for no reason would give him more hate from the fandom.

And only an idiot would laugh at a little girl being slapped

No, theres is no reason to have Diamond Own Angel, at least with Fluttershy he sometimes tries to help her, having Diamond own him for no reason would give him more hate from the fandom.

And only an idiot would laugh at a little girl being slapped

that's my knee jerk reaction LOL. If people are gonna hate you, embrace it. Wear it like a invisible and invincible shield.

as for slapping a little girl.

8v3w8.jpg

If you've never been at a family re union with that particularly obnoxious cousin, neice,

or never had a little sister

when your own parents finally broke down and gave her a slap,

than i wouldn't expect you to understand.

Back on topic i was picturing diamond tiara stroking angel like a bond villain petting a cat, tormenting the cmc,

so all fo that was entirely off point.

Edited by FNGRpony

He was eating it until flutter told him not to eat too fast, he might been insulted by that comment.

And Discord was a big jerk to Angel in that episode not to mention that discord was an evil god once . And the spike thing is more of a rivaly or a mistrust than anything else

But I feel that it does not excuse Angel from throwing the carrot at Fluttershy's head. As I said, the bunny resorts to physical violence too often and for no real reason.

But I feel that it does not excuse Angel from throwing the carrot at Fluttershy's head. As I said, the bunny resorts to physical violence too often and for no real reason.

well is he any worse than say opal rarity's cat?  It's amazing no one mentions what a sadistic cat that thing is.

of course it's a cat lol soooo.

well is he any worse than say opal rarity's cat?  It's amazing no one mentions what a sadistic cat that thing is.

of course it's a cat lol soooo.

For two reasons

1) Opal is a female, bronies are more harsh on male than females

2) flutter fans overreact more than rarifans

2) flutter fans overreact more than rarifans 

Thank you - I have tried to say this so many times. Bless your face.    

Anyhow, I think it's safe to say that that is the case. Personally  I think that Angel is a good chaarcter to stop Fluttershy from becoming too much of a pansy.

Yeah, yeah, I know her name is "FlutterSHY" but the shyness has to be resolved eventually. That doesn't mean getting rid of it, since it's a big chunk of her personality, but it means ridding her of her apparent feeble mind-set. The way she accepts things needs to be made a little more tolerable, eventually.