Y U NO LOVE APPLEJACK!?

MrJK

I do love Applejack. I just like Dashie and Luna more. She's still a valuable character, and deserves to be treated as such.

To me at least, Applejack lacks a humongous fanbase because her character is the most normal, down-to-earth of all the mane six. All the others seem to get too riled, and they need somepony to calm them all down. From what I've seen, that's usually Applejack's role.

Y WE NO STOP DOING 'Y U NO' THING WHEN NOT FUNNY ANYMORE?!

And I do love Applejack. I guess I could love her a little more, but then the show will have to feature her a little more, won't they? ;)

Well for your information this thread is so incredibly old that i actuallyi did the 'Y U NO' thing when it was still funny! So meh to you mister!

Well for your information this thread is so incredibly old that i actuallyi did the 'Y U NO' thing when it was still funny! So meh to you mister!

What if I say it was never funny? :ph34r:

Posted Image

PPPPPBBBBBTTTT*

I want to see an episode about AJ and Pinkie Pie. Those two don't talk as much as some of the other ponies. Pinkie can help out on the Acres and AJ can stop it from becoming a disaster.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's because she's the most mature of the group, and most of the experience of watching FiM is in the characters' hilarious immaturity. Don't get me wrong, she's had some great moments, but it seems like she's always getting upstaged by other characters.

Edited by Pony Joe

I think it's because she's the most mature of the group, and most of the experience of watching FiM is in the characters' hilarious immaturity. Don't get me wrong, she's had some great moments, but it seems like she's always getting upstaged by other characters.

I kind of agree with you on that, along with that there is the apparent problem of not having enough screen time, and other things like that.

Hmmm, but good point mate, I never really thought of it like that.

I register to tell you that My number 1 pony is AJ then Twillight , I know AJ doesn't get much air time but the reason why I like her a lot is because she is Real - If you watch carefully she isn't lie once ,she just tell an alternatve

- I watch anime before so if you consider this as an anime - AJ will be like a mc Big sister who don't show herself often- and that a caracter I love the most , she is just cute in her own way , maybe she is normal ( a perfect pony) but as my experience told me

all pony is awesome but for me AJ is the BEST and I can find a real human AJ i love apple family too if i am a pony or she is a human I will go out with her ASAP !

Apple jack sorta normal compared to the other ponies personalites the apples western accent and truthfulless arent very original in my opinon and she isnt as essagerarted as the rest of the mane six theres always scintific book addicts and shows but none of them that also say oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh and have a baby dragonand can go isane about not fufilling somthing in time :P theres always somone that likes acting cool but not one that is actually cool even through a bit rude there is alot of designers in shows but not one that has the elemet of genorosity and not just dramatic but dramatic with slight magic :P also there is somtimes a shy character in a show but not one that is so strong and has a dark side and finally there is somtimes a goofy chracter but not one that triples the scales is dramatic has a dark side and can do somthing that doesnt make scince raised in amish setting like to make pepole and be pink !!! :P

• Brohoof 1

Well for me Fluttershy is a lot like my personality. I have a good affinity with animals, I'm shy and quiet etc. So she is my favorite. Equal with her is Rainbow Dash, because she reminds me of my best friend in RL, we kind of balance each other out. Then my other favorite is Big Macintosh...again because of the personality but also he is my favorite color and his character just makes me laugh. Eeyup.. But while I like Apple Jack a lot, I guess I don't connect with her character as well as some of the others? So that's why she isn't my favorite.

I think Applejack's challenge is that, compared to the other five, she flies under the radar. All ponies possess great strength, but of the Mane 6, that is Applejack's only superhuman ability. The others have additional powers like telekinesis, magic, flight, animal telepathy, and all the weird stuff only Pinkie Pie can do. AJ telling Twilight to trust her when she let her go in the Elements of Harmony was nothing spectacular. Her cutie mark experience was a mere realization that she belongs on the farm. Even her colors are humanly possible. Look at Hulk Hogan with his orange tanning bed skin and yellow hair. Yes...that hair color is yellow, not blonde. :P

Yes, I am partial to the pegasi, but all of the Mane 6 are equal contributors. Applejack will never break the fourth wall or the sound barrier, but she's very reliable anytime she's needed to get the job done.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest it's the accent. Sorry to break it to you this way. Besides, sure she is a nice pony but there's not much unique or interesting about her as a character.

I agree that she's "plain" and doesn't have the extraordinary abilities the others do. But her accent is to blame too? Aw, man, can't a country bumpkin get some respect? Ironhide is one of the most beloved G1 Autobots and he speaks with a drawl. I swear he even said "tarnation" at least once, but I couldn't tell you which episode. And Ironhide didn't have much in the way of abilities either...his main talent was shooting liquid nitrogen.

I agree that she's "plain" and doesn't have the extraordinary abilities the others do. But her accent is to blame too? Aw, man, can't a country bumpkin get some respect? Ironhide is one of the most beloved G1 Autobots and he speaks with a drawl. I swear he even said "tarnation" at least once, but I couldn't tell you which episode. And Ironhide didn't have much in the way of abilities either...his main talent was shooting liquid nitrogen.

Yeah but Applejack uses so much country slang it's almost cynical or insulting to people who actually do talk with a southern accent.

Yeah but Applejack uses so much country slang it's almost cynical or insulting to people who actually do talk with a southern accent.

I can't deny it, it is overdone. Still, I have seen worse. Have you ever heard of an old comic strip called L'l Abner? Now that was extreme and politically incorrect by today's standards. He always referred to himself as "Ah" instead of "I".

Lol, another example of southern stereotypes--disliking her because of her voice and the fact that it's even insulting to people. It's not the fault of the character.

Applejack just dosen't sing, dosen't have anything naturally 'mysterious' or anything that can be worked up into a fanfic, but their are some cases like vampire hunting...

She generally dosen't have many quatable lines, like Twilight,Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow, etc.

She just, in general, dosen't have too many memorable moments.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack just dosen't sing, dosen't have anything naturally 'mysterious' or anything that can be worked up into a fanfic, but their are some cases like vampire hunting...

She generally dosen't have many quatable lines, like Twilight,Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow, etc.

She just, in general, dosen't have too many memorable moments.

Exactly. I like Applejack. Really. But it's hard for her to compete with the other ponies. My personal fave is Pinkie, who is just hilarious and fun, then there's Rarity who has best mood swings, and then Twilight. Who is... Twilight.

And who doesn't love Rainbow and Fluttershy (Not my favourite. But they still nice. :3)? I think there is one pony everypony does not like, but it tends to never be AJ.

Yeah. Pinkie is best pony. Chrysalis is best cadence and changeling.

I like applejack...but she doesn't have as many memorable and funny quotes like 'OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!', or 'Are you loco in the coco?' or 'If I can't find a problem...i'll make a problem!'. Stuff like that.

She just is a bit under-developed, as it were.

Lol, another example of southern stereotypes--disliking her because of her voice and the fact that it's even insulting to people. It's not the fault of the character.

Just because it's not the character's fault doesn't mean it's a not a reason to dislike the character. The accent is okay but the dialogue is kinda prejudice against southerners. I swear sometimes her sentences consist entirely of stereotypical southern slang.

the dialogue is kinda prejudice against southerners. I swear sometimes her sentences consist entirely of stereotypical southern slang.

She's a "Southerner" herself so I don't see how that would insult you so much.

Whatever--it's not my business to tell you who to or not to like. Racist stereotypes disgust me, though.

For all y'all saying that Applejack doesn't have any memorable quotes let me refresh your memory to the greatest letter of all time

"I DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING!"

50 Best Pony points to the farmer

• Brohoof 1

She's a "Southerner" herself so I don't see how that would insult you so much.

Whatever--it's not my business to tell you who to or not to like. Racist stereotypes disgust me, though.

I'm not southern or insulted, I actually find her use of slang funny. I'm just speculating on some reasons why she's not my favorite. Infact I like all the ponies a lot but Applejack is definately not my favorite.

The accent is okay but the dialogue is kinda prejudice against southerners. I swear sometimes her sentences consist entirely of stereotypical southern slang.

Prejudiced? I don't see how it's offensive/prejudiced/etc. I think her voice is really cute ^_^. And I don't mind her dialogue either.

I think many people are under the impression that Applejack is the less *extreme* of any of the others. She's extremely balanced. Her only sufferage is that she is stubborn. But that is so common and natural to most people that it's easily overlooked and seen as just a natural part of her personality, and not an extreme.