Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So yeah, we've all seen quite clearly that Celestia has her Philomena Phoenix pet. It took me quite a while to realize that there were episodes destined to fill in gaps with some of Mane 6 not having them, read Tank & Owlicious.

And then I've started wondering: Pre-Twicorn Celestia was the only one to own a pet. Truth to be said, only reason that two princesses have pets now is most probably the fact that Twilight ascended already possessing one.

So I wonder, why doesn't Luna or Cadence have one? If they had one, what kind of pets would those be and what would their personalities be? Will we see those two in S4 perhaps, would that be interesting?

Go.

Well, I think Luna would have a bat (I think cats are too cliché); they appear to be scary, but in reality; they're actually quite cute; kind of like Luna. Also, them being nocturnal is another good reason for a bat. And, she does have batponies on her side. That is why I think Lunabat should happen.

As for Cadence; I don't know; maybe a lovebird? If I continue the pattern of winged pets, I guess a lovebird would be nice. That's all I got. :P

Yeah, I guess so. Lunabat is the most obvious one. Especially after Luna Eclipsed episode. (Though I'll admit I don't buy the concept of batponies as species. I prefer thinking of it as of costume created with usage of magic.) Even though there are a lot of different nocturnal animals out there, most probably. Also, Rarity already owns a cat. Guess we wouldn't like to see clones, if you catch my drift.

But Cadence... she's a riddle for me. The possibilities are like... endless. Beavers, butterflies, ferrets... I guess it would be something fragile or some kind of cute etc. To match her, of course. I really wonder if they'll introduce something in S4 :P

Luna with a pet,

i don't like that.

I LOVE IT!  Oh so is everyone in equistra getting a pet?  Cause if that's the case my answer is still I love it.  (heh off to make that thread).

OH can the changeling queen get a pet?

Luna having a bat as a pet, is something that we would expect from her. Celestia already has a phoenix, Cadence would probably have a cat, and that is all for the princesses who don't have a pet also can't forget that Twilight has an owl.

Luna having a bat as a pet, is something that we would expect from her. Celestia already has a phoenix, Cadence would probably have a cat, and that is all for the princesses who don't have a pet also can't forget that Twilight has an owl.

How about a huge black dragon?  I think it should be something mythical.  I mean celestial as you said as a phonenix,

what if she had a pet changeling?  (mwahahha it's all coming together).

• Brohoof 1

Well, i'm not really sure the fact that 1 princess posses a pet means that all should posses a pet, thats just to small of a group of information to make such assumptions frankly.

but as for the pets they'd have...

I think Luna's is pretty obvious. A bat, she even has batponies with her in Luna eclipsed.

Cadence having a lovebird or something makes sense to. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not saying that they should. I've simply noticed... well, I can't even say it's a trace of a trend. It's more like a wild guess in form of: "Oh, mane 6 has pets. And Celestia also has one. And stuff with pets is srs bsns. *Nod nod*"

What the hell is that lovebird thing anyway!?

*Asks uncle google*

...oh. Man, I'm not sure about this one personally :P Crazy colors Princess with crazy colors parrot - check.

Luna would predictably have a bat. It's not that it's a bad thing unless they make up and animal that best fits her personality. It could be somewhat the opposite like Rainbow Dash & Tank. As for Cadence I would think it would be a pink hummingbird.

Edited by Goodra

Well as for why they WOULDN'T have a pet, it's like asking someone in our world, "Why don't YOU have a pet?"

Does it matter? Not everyone wants a pet. Not everyone has time for a pet.

But the Princesses COULD have someone help them take care of their pets.

But it has to be long lived, and it would probably be associated with the night.

We know that constellation animals exist. Why not have Luna have Lupus (the wolf constellation) as her pet?

• Brohoof 1