Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most ridiculous claim you heard from a hater?

Bendy

I'm not even sure where to begin with what's the most ridiculous claim.

The funny thing is, when you really think about it, there is not one single argument against Bronies as a whole that is actually valid.

I haven't had anything said to me personally, but I have seen just about everything some misguided intolerant fool might say. But I wasn't prepared for this comment. Not sure if he was a troll or not, but basically the government is manipulating us into liking the show. Here's a link my blog on it.

Edited by Mr. Dash

Maybe they are some... who know? (The human mind is made to fears deviants, that's the Uncanny valley I think, maybe that's also why people hate Equestria Girls)

Beside, I sometime like to observe how the haters act, it's funny. (Maybe I am realy crazy?)

Edited by Shadling

I was told by some old lady that all bronies were gay, child-molesting, Satan worshipers who are tearing apart the carefully balanced social fabrics of the American civilization. That we are worse then the Third Reich.

I couldn't stop laughing.

• Brohoof 2

Oddly enough, it was  a random dude on BF3, who said there was no way in hec I could be good at BF3 because it was a "Mans Game" and that a man who likes MLP couldn't possibly have the masculinity to want to be good at the game.I Laughed for a little bit, and then realized he was completely serious. I then Proceeded to prove him wrong.

Edited by Commander Tangent
  • Brohoof 2

Here I go.....(fingers takes deep breath)

we're cloppers, gay, faggots, autistic, pedophiles, stupid, loners, single, sissies(just to let you all know I will drop anyone that messes with me), shut-ins, nonathletic, and chronic masturbaters. 

I can't stand the ones that call all Bronies faggots. I also don't like the ones who say MLP is a bad show, when they haven't even seen it. My response usually goes along the lines of, "Ok my favorite shows are The Walking Dead, Dr. Who, Sherlock, and The Big Bang Theory. If MLP wasn't a good show than why would I watch it when I have all of those other great shows?" That usually stops them dead in their tracks.

Edited by Full Spectrum

Also, I read something online from this Christian website saying that if you watch my little pony, you are possessed by the devil

,  you are probably referring to one of the parody Christian websites, such as Godhatessinners.com and also the Landover church which mocks the Westboro churchs because of they're radical stance, they use to bait to lure Christians into going into flame wars.

From what i have read around a majority of sensible Christians don't really hate the show nor the fan base, they just think it's childish.

Edited by Renon Strike
  • Brohoof 1

I was eating dinner with my family (keep in mind none of them know im a brony) and one of my brothers (i have 2) was talking about a few of his friends that liked the show and he said that his friends must have mental problems, because anyone whos not a little girl that watches the show must have them. I didnt say anything, but in my mind i was thinking of how badly i wanted to scream at him, and laugh at him at the same time

Edited by Lyrafinish

, you are probably referring to one of the parody Christian websites, such as Godhatessinners.com and also the Landover church which mocks the Westboro churchs because of they're radical stance, they use to bait to lure Christians into going into flame wars.

From what i have read around a majority of sensible Christians don't really hate the show nor the fan base, they just think it's childish.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I saw a clip form an actual church Network that made those claims, they even brought alleged expert on satanism/witchcraft to attempt to back it up.

I think for me it wasn't a hater, but an innocent teenager on DA asked me if I was transgendered, because they had a TG friend that liked it. I bring this up because even though it was an absurd connection to make, it was also kind of heartwarming because he asked the question with complete non-judgmental innocence the same way you would ask someone if they like a certain kind of music. It wasn't an accusation or a attack, it was an innocent question that held no more weight or stigma to him than asking if I was a gamer.

Oh, and I though of one more that was insanely stupid. I actually saw the accusation once that all bronies were mentally scarred man-children trying to make up for crappy childhoods(which is funnily enough the opposite for me, I had a really nice childhood and like the way MLP reminds me of it)

Edited by Full Spectrum
Quoted edited post.
  • Brohoof 1

Bronies are gay! That is the most absurb claim i have ever heard.

But they also made some claims that are really stupid but in somewhat maybe true (I am not in these cartegories)

- Bronies are losers in life (This claim greatly insulted many fans even me, but arcording to my observation i rarely truly see many educated bronies or successful bronies. Even my friend's uncle is also a brony, he spent large amount of money on MLP merchandises and his wife threatens to a divorce because of this. This may be true but i don't claim it to be true.)

- MLP is satanic (Very religious insulting since some bronies are Christians. But i don't want to say this is 100% false since it has some envidences making me to reconsider of disproving this.)

- Pedophiles/Stalkers/Rapists (Another stupid claim, i want to smack them. But i have seen some of my known bronies, some of them rumored to be pedophiles. I don't claim this to be true).

- MLP is the product of Illuminati (Most absurb conspiracy claim ever made in human history arcording to most fans. Since there are many envidences testify the truth of New World Order so i haven't yet disproved this theoretical claim.)

- MLP is satanic (Very religious insulting since some bronies are Christians. But i don't want to say this is 100% false since it has some envidences making me to reconsider of disproving this.)

, I believe that this is more than just a religious thing but also moral and decency thing too, to accuse something that is satanic is to destroy someones spiritual livelihood. A great example is Gary Gygax, D&D was a hatred hotbed, he was accused of satanism to a point he couldn't express his faith.. I'm just thankful that a lot of us are starting to learn from this. So to say that MLP or any show is satanism is to destroy not only the show but everyone involved in the show one way other, that includes all of us, some of us are not Christians but we are in a way we are a family we may not get along but by the blood of Christ we love and support each other and that is important to me.

Edited by Renon Strike

Were all gay is kind of a phrase that would happen no matter what but the whole unicorns are Dayan and bronies are satanists is beyond me

Were all gay is kind of a phrase that would happen no matter what but the whole unicorns magic is satanism and bronies are satanists is beyond me

I'd say one thing I've heard is someone saying that every single one of us are dead-set on being trolls and pushing our fandom in their faces. The person seemed to think we all did this and were immature children.

Edited by Psyche Fluxxe

I've been fortunate to avoid most nasty and hateful remarks. But one of my workmates once told me that Bronies all sounded like dorks to him when I described our fandom. Of course, I don't consider myself the stereotypical image of a "dork" so I couldn't tell who else he was picturing besides me.

Edited by Stancet

Well i've never had to deal with haters thankfully but i've hard some pretty stupid hate comment over the net. the one that has already been mentioned above being "your so gay"  well if you mean happy then yes i'm very happy. but thats just a really stupid reason to hate a show casue its for girls..granted girls were picked on for liking transformers back in the day soooo....

The main thing that I hate with haters and people that don't know MLP, is the fact that they understimate the ponies, you should never understamate somethign that can derail topic, IRL and on internet, as much that conspiracy theories.

Stuff like we're a bunch of "horse fuckers" who are sexually attracted to real life equines, or that we're pedophiles for watching a cartoon meant for children. I'm pretty sure everyone, regardless of age, likes cartoons. Do people get accused of being a pedophile for liking Spongebob? No. How 'bout Looney Tunes? Nope. It's an absolutely barbaric assumption.

And yes, this world has people with autism, and some bronies are austic, but that doesn't mean all of us are. Plus, autism shouldn't be made into an insult. It's just fucked up, and people need to fucking stop.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen some shit on the internet. People are so dumb when it comes to opinions on things.

First off, no matter what it is, shows and movies and gender less and ageless. Social media choices don't define who you are, and it makes me sad that people actually think that determines who you are nowadays.

Second, bronies and religion have no correlation. I can't even see how you would connect god and an animated cartoon. It's a cartoon FFS. It's fiction.

That being said, the worst thing I've ever heard is "all brony fan fiction and music sucks, and anyone who makes it should be sent to hell".

That hurt. I'm not a creator myself, but I have a respect for all art and music, because I know how long and complicated the process can be, and for someone to come along and say that's its trash just because you like something they don't is pretty fucked up.

"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity" -Albert Einstein

More I go on the Internet, more I question myself about current society.

"all brony fan fiction and music sucks, and anyone who makes it should be sent to hell"

I just make them listen to some brony musics without telling them. Edited by Shadling
  • Brohoof 1

This is the one of the worse I've heard.

I got into a conversation with a group of people and the subject somehow turned to the topic of bronies and what everyone's opinion of them were.

One guy in the group said  "They are all pedophilic freaks that fuck horses and should be hung drawn and quartered for our crimes against god." He was serious too, the look on his face was pure hatred.

It gets to the point it is so ridiculously bad that I just cant hep but laugh in their face at how ignorant they are. 

I would say "Would god hate us for liking cute ponies that try to keep peace? would he hate one of his own creations, the horse? i think not sir, i think you should be the one who should be hung for insulting his creations."

Usually the call me gay or a clopper but I just say not all bronies are like that and I respect your opinion but don't menchin all that hate stuff around me ok it's mean to a lot of people. Basically I'm causal about it and know all the clopper shit.