Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tech in the Pony world

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

(I'm not sure if this belongs in the EG section or here)

We all know in Equestria Girls, when Twilight went through the portal, we saw that Technology was modern. There were cars and phones and other tech items. 

What would happen if tech was carried over to the Equestria? Just wondering,

In my opinion I like it the way it is right now but maybe for one episode, Maybe tech could be the cause for a plot line

• Brohoof 1

Most of it is impossible to transfer, unless they manage to adapt ways for them to hold the tech in their hooves but then that still holds the problem, how you do press a button when you don't have fingers but instead a hoof which will probably end up with you pressing every single button.

Some of the technology in the movie can not be made in Equestria, due to the fact that they don't have advanced technology or modern industrialization that the human world has. Ponies aren't really capable of handling technology such as phones or computers if they have no fingers or opposable thumbs.

Well Equestria is alreadys shown to have some technology.

We see video game arcade cabinets after all. But how those video games were invented when Equestria doesn't seem to have computers, televisions, or even phones is odd.

I'd be willing to bet that phones at least could be within Equestria's technological reach, but they don't bother since they have very quick and simple methods of sending mail (magic and flight).

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

I believe, the issue of Equestrian tech level has been discussed in several topics.

The main problem with it, that we don't know what it is. We have seen some quite advanced technology throughout the series like, I quote myself:

Hydroelectrical dam (Mysterious Mare Do Well), flatiron (Suited for Success), X-ray film (Reed it and Weep), hair dryer (Best Night Ever), and its industrial version (Just for Sidekicks). So, the technology in MLP:FiM is a mishmash of everything including a kitchen sink. :P

Also, comrade Blue pointed out that:

It's supposed to have technology existing for the sake of recognizably, despite historical incongruity. TVtropes calls it "Schizo Tech".

Whatever works for the sake of forwarding a plotline or making a punchline, exists, regardless of how anachronistic it may or may not be.

As to what tech probabily can't be implemented in Equestria, my bet is om the whole branch of techs based on internal combustion and (partly) reactive motion. For very simple reason: they don't have any pertoleum left. Being a (most probabily) post-human world Equestria has all its oil sources used up by humans before they have gone.

I would suggest people try not to get hung up on this.

Button mash playing a arcade game on the show.

Vinyle well.. doing her thing.

it's around when the writing staff chooses to use it.

if you hold them up to a hard and fast check list your going to be upset,

as it seems like it's on their to don't list to worry about that kind of thing.

Well besides being Toy-errific. They do have steam locomotive engines and there is the Flim Flam Brothers mobile cider squeezer, they also have powered airships.

I'd imagine some places in equestra have at least steam-powered levels of industrialisation. probably as a result of being in a place where minerals are common. Just as ponyville is considered to be more or less a farming community because of the amount of farm land around it, perhaps a high presence of coal and lack of places to grow food has lead other ponies to develop technology which they export to other places.

the most 'advanced teck" in Equestriea I think is magiteck the super speedy sider squeezy was clearly magic and teck.

the Highest level of pure teck  I have seen was the steam engine. that predates the internal combustion engine. on that note they clearly grow corn and you can run a car on fuel derived from corn.

Well, If they had Modern "tech"  they would have a world as haywire as this one, more specificly global warming, war, and more crime than ever.

Except the ponies are all unified under the rule of Celestia. They are not individual nations like our world its with several rulers and leaders with conflicting interests.

Edited by Malinter

Well, If they had Modern "tech" they would have a world as haywire as this one, more specificly global warming, war, and more crime than ever.

Um modern tech is making the world smaller and less prone to war than in the past. why simple there is money to be made. it is far more profitable to trade with a nation than to fight it. and the more we trade the more we get to know each other. the real pesky thing getting in the way is not tech its religion and old hatreds. that and oil.