Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your least favorite thing about a drawing?

Slice0Pie

It could be your least favorite thing about your drawings, or someone else's, or just any drawing, but what is your least favorite thing about a drawing? I usually hate my backgrounds. I usually have no thoughts for a background, and usually no creativity.

• Brohoof 1

Probably when people mess up proportion. I get it if you're a new artist but people that have been drawing for years should really reference some anatomy.

Also, when people do bad hair. Ugh. I hate it. I mean I can't draw it, but I hate it. XD

• Brohoof 1

It could be your least favorite thing about your drawings, or someone else's, or just any drawing, but what is your least favorite thing about a drawing? I usually hate my backgrounds. I usually have no thoughts for a background, and usually no creativity.

Colouring, and anatomy.

I recently started colouring, and I have no clue how to do it right. But I never colour so it's not much of a problem.

Also anatomy. It's really frustrating, I spend 90 percent of my time on guidelines and creating a good formation. Especially the fricken neck, if the necks wrong its all wrong, cause then the head looks odd, and... RAWR!!! One thing is off and it all looks off, hats why I hate doing anatomy and proportions, but they're also the most importantly irritating things in a drawing.

I see you said also in someone else's drawings eh??? Well, I have quite a bit if things, but I'll only say one... Or two...

Labeling names with arrows, to those who do that, please add style and creativity into the text

It's pretty lazy to do that, it's just a HUGE pet peeve for me, I can't stand it.

BASES!!!! AND RECOLOURS!!!! AND OC CREATORS!!! I absolutely positively super dooperly hate recolours, they're sloppy, lazy, unoriginal, and over fricken used, isobar mind if people use bases to practice but to post it as if its a work of art, annoys me. Same for oc creator pics, it's a designer, not a personal Mona Lisa creator for you to show off as if you're the greatest artist in all of man kind!

Whew... Got a little carried away there... Well there you go ^_^

Edited by Pelate
  • Brohoof 1

I hate when the color isn't right. Granted, I don't draw myself and just judge art without being able to outdo it, but I'm sure it is extremely difficult to replicate a color the way it was intended.

PROPORTIONS. ALWAYS. It takes me forever to get proportions correct, but when they're wrong it drives me insane. I won't be done with a piece unless I'm completely satisfied with the proportions and when I see others' work with bad proportions, I just gah. I can't. If you're still learning, I understand, but constructive criticism is a good thing and I find that I comment on proportions more than anything when critiquing someone's work. 

Drawing is the worst part of drawing.

I have a issue with trying to prove to myself that I am awesome at everything and I always end up wanting to quit every drawing I start because It's never good enough to me. I'm rather picky when it comes to my ideas to begin with and over-analyzing them just makes the creative process more of a pain in the ass I assume. I assume it's a personal problem.

Another thing that kicks me in the ass is coloring shit. It's like: "I JUST SPENT ALL THIS TIME DRAWING THIS BULLSHIT, and now I have to color it...*sadface*" It makes me want to do something else.

I know it sounds bad, but the only reason I end up even finishing some of the crap I think up and draw out is the possible attention it may get from others. Like I said, I have issues.

But yeah, drawing and other creative shit like writing and designing are a pain in the ass, especially if you over think them like me. One could spend hours looking at the same thing and drawing it about 50 different ways before selecting a way to actually progress in any fashion whatsoever. 

Hands and proportions. I can generally get proportions close after redrawing the body several hundred thousand times, but I haven't studied anatomy as much as I ought to. Especially hands. Just... hands. Oh and shading, but I can do simple shading and I prefer simple shading and coloring anyways, so... I guess that's not too bad? Ugggghhh...

Even Lyra wouldn't want the hands I draw...

Getting the proper proportions on a face and general anatomy are my kryptonite.  For some odd reason, I can't draw women all that well...  It's the curves that get me and for some odd reason people ask me why I keep drawing men even when I try to draw women  :angry:...  I kinda want to get a tablet so that I could try my hand at digital art, it would definitely help out since I can do things on a program that would probably leave smears all over my paper work haha.   :squee: 

Other than starting on something and in the middle of all of it having a perfectionist complex take over causing a gag reflex when your mind is gunning for le masterpiece all while forgetting you're still learning how to draw with absolutely no natural talent whatsoever might I add?

I'd say it's probably artist block and wanting to draw too many things. I rarely finish anything because I just want to draw all the pictures...All of them...*dies*

Oh, and I gotta quit doing vectors and actually polish my terrible sketching.

Edited by Sn0wblind