Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tired of the show's "focus" on the mane 6 all the time?

Gone Airbourne

I have been thinking for a while now about how the show always "mainly" just focuses on the mane 6 constantly. I mean I know they have done a few episodes where the focus was on other ponies like the CMC episodes which I find to be a great idea they brought into the show. However I wish they took the focus off the mane six for a couple of episodes or dedicate a couple episodes to other ponies whether it be some of the background ponies. 

Now I do realize they have done this a couple of times just not that much at all to be honest. I just wanted to hear others thoughts on this.

Do you think the show focuses' way to much on the mane six or do you think the pacing of the show has been fine? Would you like to see a couple of more episodes where the focus went astray from the mane six? 

Edited by Ticking Timebomb

No.

CMC episodes are good a couple of times a season, for laughs, but other than 1 or 2 of those episodes, I think it should all be mane 6 episodes.

Why?

Because if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(Except for the # of Rarity episodes. That shit needs to be fixed ASAP.)

• Brohoof 3

If it took an episode or two to focus on important secondary characters like Celestia, Luna or maybe even Discord more, I wouldn't mind. Maybe even somepony like Lightning Dust, or somebody else who's been missing for a long time. Whatever the case, I'd prefer it if they didn't use these episodes on characters that we hadn't already seen something of before. I don't have any desire to see background pony episodes in particular, but a little more worldbuilding with the princesses wouldn't go amiss. I've never had a problem with the show's focus on the mane six though, just when it repeatedly emphasizes one over the others.

• Brohoof 4

Because if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't necessarily mean that the show is broke but I just thought it would be nice to see a different change in pace. I really like what they did with the episode of Daring Don't for example it is one of my favorite episodes thus far.

If it took an episode or two to focus on important secondary characters like Celestia, Luna or maybe even Discord more, I wouldn't mind. Maybe even somepony like Lightning Dust, or somebody else who's been missing for a long time. 

Yeah this is where I am getting at exactly. I would very much like to see some more focus on these characters as well. Who knows hopefully they may bring this to the table this season I am hoping so at least. Very pleased with the "Daring Don't episode too.

I love the mane 6, but I suppose I wouldn't mind an episode focusing on Luna or Cadence or Spitfire, or one of the other secondary ponies. I actually dislike the CMC episodes usually, and I don't usually care for the Spike episodes either :/

• Brohoof 1

The mane 6 are the "main" characters so it's to be expected for the show to focus on them mainly. I wouldn't mind some other character-focused episodes though, even though I'm not a fan of CMC and especially Spike episodes. I know I wouldn't mind seeing a Princess Celestia episode. 

• Brohoof 3

Because of this topic, I realized Spike has just as many episodes as Rarity.

*kills self*

Yeah same here the majority of his episodes were on the bottom of my list in terms of what I liked.

Oh, and by the way, me 3.

I forget he's even a character, unless he's brought up or on screen.

• Brohoof 2

I think the mix that they had in season 2 was the best.  Everyone in the mane six had focus episodes, but there was also a lot of focus on characters that didn't get much before as well.  Luna Eclipsed was a pure Luna episode, straight out.  Hearts and Hooves day got a lot of exposure for Cheerilee and Big mac- probably  as much as they've gotten in the whole show to that point.  Family Appreciation Day had great development for Granny Smith.  Sisterhooves Social probably gave Sweetie Belle more focus and development than she got in any of the CMC episodes. 

I think that the season 2 mix was good and hope they keep it up in season 4.  

• Brohoof 6

I wanna like spike episodes.  I happen to like spike.

but um... their kinda rough.  I mean the episode about him learning his dragon roots was fun.

the custom rarity made to blend in as a dragon had me dying.

Um?

If i had to climb in the O.P.s head might i guess their favorite ponys of the main six might have been a tad escuse this season.

Not really getting my flutter shy fix this season.  but  still love this season.  Up and down.

Um the last episode focused away from the main six,

sure they were there but alot of them acted like back ground ponies in daring don't.

• Brohoof 1

By this logic, you'd be tired with Magnum PI focusing on Thomas Magnum, or Friends focusing on, well, the friends. 

I suspect if you're after a show that doesn't focus on the mane 6 but is still pony related, there's a lot of fan made content out there like Button Mash, Fluffle Puff etc.

• Brohoof 2

I think the mix that they had in season 2 was the best.  Everyone in the mane six had focus episodes, but there was also a lot of focus on characters that didn't get much before as well.  Luna Eclipsed was a pure Luna episode, straight out.  Hearts and Hooves day got a lot of exposure for Cheerilee and Big mac- probably  as much as they've gotten in the whole show to that point.  Family Appreciation Day had great development for Granny Smith.  Sisterhooves Social probably gave Sweetie Belle more focus and development than she got in any of the CMC episodes. 

I think that the season 2 mix was good and hope they keep it up in season 4.  

I agree with this as well they had a lot of great episodes and variety in Season 2. Season 3 was just too short but it also had a couple of great episodes.

By this logic, you'd be tired with Magnum PI focusing on Thomas Magnum, or Friends focusing on, well, the friends. 

I suspect if you're after a show that doesn't focus on the mane 6 but is still pony related, there's a lot of fan made content out there like Button Mash, Fluffle Puff etc.

No it's not that I hate the mane six :P its just that I don't want it to be just them in every episode if you catch my drift... maybe or maybe not. I like the mane six just fine xD

No it's not that I hate the mane six :P its just that I don't want it to be just them in every episode if you catch my drift... maybe or maybe not. I like the mane six just fine xD

That's completely understandable - I too believe that there should be an episode or two that leaves out all of the mane 6 entirely. Maybe Big Mac could be the hero and save the damsel in distress (Cheerilee)?

I don't expect too much from the show. then again I am not as passionate about it as others.

However I could ay that it would be nice if they gave more screentime to secondary characters AS LONG AS its not forced and has a purpose

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Because so far, the mane-six are the best representation of what friendship could mean, in a show that is about friendship.

I'm not used to read fan-fics, I have barely enough free time to stay in tune with the show. But if I had time enough to read about some of them, and so develop some kind of apathy with backgroud ponis, I'd probably be still on behalf of the mane-six, to keep background ponies out of focus. Mainly because I want a well developed story. Remember third season, there wasn't even enough episodes to develop some of the main characters. So imagine what would happen with more characters in between.

I think that's somehow good, because it grants freedom about background ponies. There's more space to develop them into fan-fics, because of the lack of canon offered by the show, in case you were trying to, somehow, blend them within the show. Just like a white canvas, isn't that great?

And don't forget about secondary ponies.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't mind a few more episodes about secondary characters especially Luna and Zecora or even the occasional background pony but the mane 6 are called the mane 6 for very good reason. 

• Brohoof 5

I'm not sure I understand the intent of this thread, but I'll leave that question be. Clearly the Mane 6 are the stars of the show, so one would expect them to be focused on. Yet, supporting characters like the CMC, other princesses, etc. have been given their own episodes. Heck the very next one is a CMC episode. So yes I hope we see more episodes focused on Luna, Celestia and other supporting characters. I'm not sure why any fan would not want this. ?