Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Speech at school?

Jokuc

(edited)

Well yesterday my teacher said that we have to make a speech about something. She said it must be atleast 2 minutes and max 20 mins. And we are allowed to talk about ANYTHING. And we are allowed to view pictures and youtube vids.

So, I really want it to be about mlp fim. But when I think about it, I don't. My classmates aren't the most kindly ones, you know.. And I nobody in school, exept my friends knows that I'm a brony. I don't eaven think there's much of them who knows what a brony is. So I want to do the speech.. but I also do not want to do it.. Ahh T___T Why am I in this class.. If only some persons disappeared.. lol. If I did this they would probably call me gaylord or something every time I'm near any of them.

I haven't ever got this opportunity in school before.. So if I want to do it I must do it this time. :( What should I do?

Edited by Jokuc

I think I've been told that when the opportunity to speak in public comes one must take it and give it a good use. If you managed to get the chance to get listened, do not waste it by saying what they expect you to say, utilize it to say what you think and try to get your idea out!

Of course I don't know you personally and dunno wheter you are shy our outgoing. You can talk about something else you like that wont get you bullied. Or something boring that nobody will care about.

I'm quite the introvert but also enjoy stading up, however it's been long since I've actually gotten the oportunity to speak in front of my entire class of a topic of my choice, but when it comes, I'll sure make a good use out of it

You have to obtain the courage to do this kind of stuff! Forget the haters! You will stand at the pinnacle of the society because you at least slightly realize what love and tolerance is. It should be your job to spread it if you receive the opportunity to!

I've seen alot of speeches about the show Via YouTube, and they seems pretty cool and collected about it. If you aren't comfortable with it, then you don't have to do it. But if you do, don't think about what others say. Its your opinion that matters.

(edited)

I think I've been told that when the opportunity to speak in public comes one must take it and give it a good use. If you managed to get the chance to get listened, do not waste it by saying what they expect you to say, utilize it to say what you think and try to get your idea out!

Of course I don't know you personally and dunno wheter you are shy our outgoing. You can talk about something else you like that wont get you bullied. Or something boring that nobody will care about.

I'm quite the introvert but also enjoy stading up, however it's been long since I've actually gotten the oportunity to speak in front of my entire class of a topic of my choice, but when it comes, I'll sure make a good use out of it

Well I'm not shy. That's for sure. And actually I don't care that much if they call me stupid things. It's just that..

It would feel like thay had a reason for giving me the nickname "gay no #1".

And that would feel like I'm "loosing".. You know what I mean? And I really hate to loose.

If you aren't comfortable with it, then you don't have to do it. But if you do, don't think about what others say.

Well I am not. I will probably end up speaking too fast and then say something wrong. lol

That's never happend before though. I just think, maybe it will since it would be embarrassing to speak about this.

Edited by Jokuc

Maximum of 20 minutes? Just show them episode 1 (minus the intro and closing, due to time restrictions), throwing in the occasional comment or two. They will most likely go home and watch episode 2 to find out what happens o_O

Well yesterday my teacher said that we have to make a speech about something. She said it must be atleast 2 minutes and max 20 mins. And we are allowed to talk about ANYTHING. And we are allowed to view pictures and youtube vids.

So, I really want it to be about mlp fim. But when I think about it, I don't. My classmates aren't the most kindly ones, you know.. And I nobody in school, exept my friends knows that I'm a brony. I don't eaven think there's much of them who knows what a brony is. So I want to do the speech.. but I also do not want to do it.. Ahh T___T Why am I in this class.. If only some persons disappeared.. lol. If I did this they would probably call me gaylord or something every time I'm near any of them.

I haven't ever got this opportunity in school before.. So if I want to do it I must do it this time. :( What should I do?

It will be dangerous alone, take this: http://mlpforums.com/topic/7630-if-your-shy-about-being-a-brony-check-this-out/page__p__170607#entry170607

Maximum of 20 minutes? Just show them episode 1 (minus the intro and closing, due to time restrictions), throwing in the occasional comment or two. They will most likely go home and watch episode 2 to find out what happens o_O

I'm not sure how good of a grade that would get...

(edited)

@Dragonshy

And also, his classmates are kind compared to mine. Some mine are very cruel.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Stop worrying about what others think of you!

I do not worry about that.

I worry about them screaming things at me when I do the speech. And that would ruin it.

I worry about them screaming things at me when I do the speech. And that would ruin it.

Hmm...

well, that sucks 4 u.

Although some people have already said it, I'll reinforce the "be positive and forget the haters" attitude, although I do see where you're coming from about the questionable peer environment. Honestly if I was in your position, I'd do what I felt comfortable with. If you feel the good will outweigh the bad then go for it!

Only do it if you make it funny, or people will make fun of you. :( People are just cruel in that way.For one of my summative presentations I put PedoBear and Big Booty Bitches in my project. :)

• Brohoof 1

Wouldnt you're teacher step in if they did that? anyways dont be afraid of what they are gonna do. The haters in my school to me are nothing they call me gay i say "yes i am very happy" or when the call me fag i say "Im not a cigar Im a chicken BAGHAWK". dont care of peoples opinions if they take time out of their day just to try to make you feel bad then they are the ones with problems because while you have a happy life their hatred,and fear will bring them to the deep darkness of their minds untiil they are completly engulfed in it, making their lives misrabel. if you are afraid of messing up visulize them all wearing 18 hundreds womens cloths and that they are all embarresed. also quote people with higher intelect in your response. i hoped i helped :)
  • Brohoof 1

Here's what you could do. Talk about the show, What it represents, the followers of the show, the 20,000$ that our community has raised for charity, all the other pros. But the twist is DON'T mention the name of the show or Bronies until you've mentioned a lot of pros, like how men in the military like this show. So that your classmates are listening thinking "Wow such manly figures like this show and this show teaches such good morals." And you'll BLOW THEIR MINDS when you tell them what the show is.

Here's what you could do. Talk about the show, What it represents, the followers of the show, the 20,000$ that our community has raised for charity, all the other pros. But the twist is DON'T mention the name of the show or Bronies until you've mentioned a lot of pros, like how men in the military like this show. So that your classmates are listening thinking "Wow such manly figures like this show and this show teaches such good morals." And you'll BLOW THEIR MINDS when you tell them what the show is.

Absolutely this.

I've done this before - it went over okay, but didn't cause anyone to become a brony.

Absolutely this.

I've done this before - it went over okay, but didn't cause anyone to become a brony.

That's not the aim of this aproach. The aim is to make people be like "LUL WAT?"

First start off by telling what a brony is

then go off onto not being biased towards em

then show them how awesome it is

How the speech is written and presented is not the problem. I know when I should say what.

Maybe I'll write something, post it on the forums and let you read it or something? idk haha

I am going to have a speech at school too, but it's only for the teacher (don't ask me why, she said that it was the best thing to do because some classm8s don't want to talk in front of everyone) so I will probably talk about something else, if it was in front of everyone maybe... But I think you should do it, if you represent it in a good way people will not think about it in a bad way and people will respect you for telling your secrets to them, I have gained some respect because I am open about it and not embarresd.