Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else have the feeling Flutterbat is the new Twicane(scepter) or Derpy?

Commander Bubbles

I was doing a "let's react" with a few friends of mine, and from what we've gathered, the fandom completely exploded at the whole Flutterbat idea, some storming deviantart with fanart of her, others threatening to leave the fandom. From what I can imagine, I would think that it would almost become another Derpy thing with how much hype there is surrounding her. What is your take on this all? I honestly felt one Derpy incident is enough, and another Derpy-like meme going about would just be plain annoying.

some storming deviantart with fanart of her

oh .-. Im one of those guys then

I really like the idea of flutterbat and in my humble opinion is it a good thing, because it adds material/depth to her.

I doubt, that it will get as batshit insane, as the derpy thing, but it will make some waves.

EDIT: I would maybe add a big fat SPOILER sign in the title...

Edited by Guest

oh .-. Im one of those guys then

I really like the idea of flutterbat and in my humble opinion is it a good thing, because it adds material/depth to her.

I doubt, that it will get as batshit insane, as the derpy thing, but it will make some waves.

Tell you the truth, I have no problem with change. I still find this whole Flutterbat thing completely out of the blue, unexpected, and kinda unfitting, but if the animators can do something good with it (sorta maybe something like Nightmare Rarity), then I have don't have a problem with it.

I don't think it'll end up being another whole meme like Derpy or Twilicane for that matter. However, it would most certainly garner a lot of fanfics and Deviant art pics that I surely wouldn't mind seeing. Give the fandom more ideas is what I say! We need lots of artwork, so long as it isn't profane.

As Fluttershy as my waifu, no I don't think it'll be a big of thing as Twilicane, Derpy,,.Sure there will be art of her as her batty self but meh. I'm indifferent of Flutterbat. Nothing for it nothing against it. I have no strong feelings one way or the other. Even Her as the Saddle Rager in the Super Ponies episode, I thought it was kinda funny.

And for people to "leave the fandom" over little things like this is just stupid and childish.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think we'll see Flutterbat as much as Derpy, or Twilicane on sites like Deviantart, but we still will see her. I personally loved Flutterbat, The design was awesome, and she looked pretty cool. Also, you can expect a lot of fanart of Flutterbat to pop up in the near future.

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 1

No, not meme. Twilicane was a really weird fluke.

I can see flutterbat as a popular design and used a lot in fics and art, but she doesn't have humor needed to make her memetic.

at least flutterbat has something remarkable through the episode(complete personality change,and the cutie mark with the bats).twilicane appeared only 1 or 2 seconds and made a fan-art catastrophe on the next hours,but flutterbat,i'm going to say it,it's cute at least :squee: :squee: