Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of you bronies actually equestrians?

ScarfaceOne

I was in middle school as a girl scout.  I earned all my horse related badges caring for and riding horses. Although I never was a legit Equestrian (as in the sport).  I am not all that much a horse lover either (I consider them the most expensive pets to own unless you are amish), but I know how to care for and ride horses properly.  In high school I took care of 6 ponies before and after school everyday.  I laugh at how ironic that is considering the Mane 6....though names would be strange (I took care of Ore {pronounced Oaree}, Angel {who sadly was put down before right after I left for college, she was so beautiful and friendly but very sickly after a miscarrage 4 years prior}, Patsy, Cody {Patsy's son}, Whinny, and Sunny {he has an orange tabby coloring kind've like Applejack, beautiful and the most stubborn of the lot}).

A favorite memory I have from Middle School is during a horse theme camp at a girl scout camp, I was assigned to care this really nice old horse Thomas (I thouroughly spoiled him), and on every trail ride all the girls were assigned to their place in line. The girl behind me had a horse that farted CONSTANTLY, and it was so bad smelling. I felt more sorry for the girls behind her, but I couldn't help but snicker after every fart because they were so loud and obnoxious.

Nope. I've ridden a horse a few times and it was fun, but I never had the opportunity to get into equestrian. If you're considering, though, I'd say go for it. I've known a few equestrians and they really enjoy what they do.

Yep. We have two horses in real life. Snowdancer, an elderly Belgian mare, and Tempest, a young Percheron/Paint cross mare. We've had these horses since before MLP:FiM broadcast. However I've thought that Snowdancer would be a great Pegasus pony name. Tempest is a bit too simple.

We used to train vaulters and vaulting horses (gymnastics on horseback), but we've basically retired from that when Snowdancer retired. Tempest is a fun horse, but doesn't have the temperament for vaulting. :)

Well, I did ride horses when I was younger but sadly my dad sold the ranch where we raised the horses. If the opportunity of becoming an equestrian opened up, I'd say go for it.

• Brohoof 1

Rode some horses a few times, but I live in the urban city, so there's no way for me to own a horse, at least right now. But even if I did, I rather not call him or her from a MLP character. Creativity comes first.

Well I've been horse back riding on like 2 vacations. On one of them the horse i was on both peed well I was on it and galloped to the side causing me to nearly fall off. the horse's name was Butterfly. (kind of like fluttershy, heh heh)

When I was younger I wanted to become an equestrian, but my dreams were quickly shattered when the topic about money, free time and supplies came. xD