Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Can YouTube survive for long?

Black Licorice

Despite how stupid it is, I'm still going to use it.  I never really leave comments as it is, I mainly use it to watch videos.  Plus, the copyright thing was only with certain companies.

• Brohoof 1

It's still going to survive just fine. People may complain about the new things going on but until a better video site shows up, the users will continue whining only to keep on using it. 

Not every company/artist is complaining about copyrights. I am pretty sure it will survive even if it will never be the same. That is unless there will be another website that will remind of what YouTube used to be before it all began (does anyone still remember 5 stars rating system?). 

• Brohoof 2

Even if YouTube has changed for better or worse, It'll survive. If not, then pretty much we're left without a choice and one of the most popular pursuits of happiness.

It's just only a wild card in the entertainment industry so it can go either way.

Yes I think YouTube will survive for quite a while as of now it seems

·       Tons of copyright stuff still gets uploaded like music and such

·       Google+: well it might just be me but I’m used to it. I don’t use it much only for notifications on comments

·       I don’t see another video site that is quite as widely used (therefore full of content) quite as much as YouTube: everything is on YouTube so to speak

Users will complain, but nothing will happen.

I would love to go to a competitor site instead, but the lack of content pushes me back to YouTube. Content creators stick to YouTube because that's where most users are and the users stick to YouTube because that's where the content is. It's a vicious cycle, and it doesn't help that the competition is rather weak as well.

Frankly, google can do anything they want. The only thing that could take YouTube down now is an organized effort behind a community platform or copyright rules becoming so insane that they wipe themselves out.

Edited by Celtore