Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Start Button Orb

Chevette

Rainbow Dash Start Button Orb

My version of a Rainbow Dash Start button Orb.

I know there are some other versions of this out there, but I thought I'd give a go at making my own with a different twist to it. I posted the download link below the picture if you would like to use this!

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire...qtafh81n2hphpxq

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Looks nice. Do you know if there's any way to replace the Windows Logo on the Start Button in Windows XP? I wouldn't mind using this, but I'm using a tablet PC, and it runs XP. I don't plan on upgrading, haha.

EDIT: Well, ok, WILL be using tablet PC, It just came in a few days ago.

Edited by Kapi

Looks nice. Do you know if there's any way to replace the Windows Logo on the Start Button in Windows XP? I wouldn't mind using this, but I'm using a tablet PC, and it runs XP. I don't plan on upgrading, haha.

EDIT: Well, ok, WILL be using tablet PC, It just came in a few days ago.

I personally havn't changed the Start Button on Windows XP, but from just searching on the internet now I saw there are a few methods on how to do it. (With windows seven, there is a program you can download, but I'm unsure if there is for XP). I don't want to link you something I don't know works, so I'd have to say the best thing you could do is search around a bit for a method you feel comfortable with trying. I wish you luck, I hope you can find a way. Sorry I couldn't lend a hand!

I personally havn't changed the Start Button on Windows XP, but from just searching on the internet now I saw there are a few methods on how to do it. (With windows seven, there is a program you can download, but I'm unsure if there is for XP). I don't want to link you something I don't know works, so I'd have to say the best thing you could do is search around a bit for a method you feel comfortable with trying. I wish you luck, I hope you can find a way. Sorry I couldn't lend a hand!

Its ok, I was looking too and just figured I'd see if you knew an easier way. I didn't want to upgrade because the tablet only has 1 GB of memory, since it only seemed to have 1 memory slot, but surprise surprise, I found another one under the keyboard. So, I'm going to order another stick, and see if I can get this thing running 7. First thing I'm doing is changing my Start orb! Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it!

Nice! Certainly better than the Rainbow Dash cutie mark orb that I was using (no honestly, I just switched over to yours) but do you think you could make the cutie mark in the middle a little more standing out? It's a tad hard to see. I really like the differentiation when you have the start menu opened and closed.

Did you install it manually or with "Start button changer" ?

I've tried to change my start button but nothing happens when I chose another start button. It's still the same! Eaven if I delete the old and put the new in wtf? I think it might have something to do with my custom theme.

Nice! Certainly better than the Rainbow Dash cutie mark orb that I was using (no honestly, I just switched over to yours) but do you think you could make the cutie mark in the middle a little more standing out? It's a tad hard to see. I really like the differentiation when you have the start menu opened and closed.

Thank you for using mine! I have noticed that the cutie mark doesn't stand out as much myself, the reason is because the Orb was originally made quite large and it shrunk down to a 50 x 50 pixel slot. I can try to make something better, since It really is difficult to see clearly. The other problem I have with it is the colors, I think they are way off so I'll post a updated version soon! Thank you for your comment, much appreciated!

Did you install it manually or with "Start button changer" ?

I've tried to change my start button but nothing happens when I chose another start button. It's still the same! Eaven if I delete the old and put the new in wtf? I think it might have something to do with my custom theme.

Sorry for the late reply, I used Windows Seven Start Orb changer. I found that a lot simpler than manually editing the system files to change it. If you have Windows Seven try downloading this to apply it:

http://www.door2windows.com/windows-7-start-button-changer-change-your-windows-7-start-button-with-one-click/

Thank you for using mine! I have noticed that the cutie mark doesn't stand out as much myself, the reason is because the Orb was originally made quite large and it shrunk down to a 50 x 50 pixel slot. I can try to make something better, since It really is difficult to see clearly. The other problem I have with it is the colors, I think they are way off so I'll post a updated version soon! Thank you for your comment, much appreciated!

Sorry for the late reply, I used Windows Seven Start Orb changer. I found that a lot simpler than manually editing the system files to change it. If you have Windows Seven try downloading this to apply it:

http://www.door2wind...with-one-click/

I have it used in

Ponifying tutorial, with a link to your thread in the description, nice job on it!

http://www.door2wind...with-one-click/

Yeah I mean that. I tried that program but it doesn't work on my computer for some strange reason.