Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TA-DA! Our girl was twenty one!

zev_zev The outcast

I didn't think about the backside of the cake. Though now that you brought it up, it would make sense if the cylindrical birthday cake were to have extra candles surrounding it entirely rather than having them all placed on just one side. :P

Regardless of how old Rainbow Dash really is, until her true age is explicitly mentioned, I am going to assume that she is around 21 years of age. :D

So with that being said...

HAPPY BIRTHAVERSARY RAINBOW DASH! :lol: 

Twilight Sparkle: 21 but a little older than Dash.

Applejack: 22. Will be 23 this year.

Rarity: 23, will be 24 this year.

Pinkie Pie: already 24

Fluttershy: ??? but fact that she's older than other.

True to form, I think guessing Pinkie Pie's age is pointless since if you got it right she'd just change it.

Twilight Sparkle: 21 but a little older than Dash.

Applejack: 22. Will be 23 this year.

Rarity: 23, will be 24 this year.

Pinkie Pie: already 24

Fluttershy: ??? but fact that she's older than other.

If I remember Season 1, Fluttershy said she's a year older than Pinkie. So if Pinkie Pie being 24 is true, than Fluttershy must be about 25 Edited by Heavy Weapons Guy
  • Brohoof 1

One more thing: Twilight has spent just over one year in Ponyville, because she arrived during the Summer Sun Celebration, and in "Princess Twilight Sparkle", Celestia says it's the first Summer Sun Celebration since Luna's return from exile.

So that means Rainbow Dash was 19 and presumably close to 20 when she first met Twilight, and she's 21 now.

Happy Birthday, Dashie!

I think we're oversimplifying this and assuming the candles are following our cultural values, at least the Western kind. It never says whether the candles represent one year or not, therefore it would not be completely possible to count her age as 21.

And if we're assuming the other side has candles as well, it will be 41, not 42, since the top candle will be excluded from the other side. If we're assuming the observable outer candles are on opposite sides of the cake, she will be 31, which is still kind of a reasonable age for an athlete.

• Brohoof 1

One more thing: Twilight has spent just over one year in Ponyville, because she arrived during the Summer Sun Celebration, and in "Princess Twilight Sparkle", Celestia says it's the first Summer Sun Celebration since Luna's return from exile.

So that means Rainbow Dash was 19 and presumably close to 20 when she first met Twilight, and she's 21 now.

Happy Birthday, Dashie!

Nah, one season = one year. Proof

Nah, one season = one year. Proof

I disagree. Celestia, in Episode 2 of Season FOUR,  clearly says it's the first Summer Sun Celebration since Nightmare Moon was defeated, which happened in Episode 2 of Season ONE - 3 seasons ago, and on the night of that year's Summer Sun Celebration.

And the Summer Sun Celebration is an annual event (probably June 21st).

So this means just over a year has passed in Equestria since Twilight moved to Ponyville, while over 3 years have passed for humans. Perhaps their planet just doesn't go as fast around their sun as ours does.

And BTW, who says 21 is the legal drinking age in Equestria? It could easily be 18, like in most human countries! 

• Brohoof 2

And BTW, who says 21 is the legal drinking age in Equestria? It could easily be 18, like in most human countries! 

And BTW, who says that alcohol exixst in Equestria??? It's kids cartoon actually. Syder can be  nonalcoholic if you didn't knew. To cider became contain alcohol, he must begin to ferment and brew. So syder in Equestria is nonalcohol.

It shows 21 candles and that's good enough for me

Y'all just love reading way too far into things when a simple answer works nicely enough.

And this this makes all the main 6 at or around that same age... so eat it all you teenie boppers... they are adults.

• Brohoof 1

I will never accept anyone of the mane 6 to be that old. I believe ponies age a lot different than us. Reasoning you say?

Well I refuse to believe that Twilight haven't had any friends her entire life before moving to Ponyville, which is around 20 years?

I believe the first year of ponies, they live with their family as babies and fillies. Then during their 2-3 year they get their cutie mark, and move out.

Twilight lived with her parents, and her brother for a year, without any other friends. Then she became a bookworm for a while, say a year. This turned her a bit awkward (but not humongous awkward as 20 years would make her) and then she moved to Ponyville at the age of 3 and made her first friends. 

Also Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy seems to have know each other since they were fillies. Based on how they still explore and learn new things about each other, there is no way they have known each other for 20+ years. Rather more like a year?

This applies to the whole mane 6, they act towards each other as if they became friends recently. If this is true, they have 20+ years of lore behind them before the events in MLP? How come they don't have other friends? How come they aren't more experienced? A lot happens during 20 years.

Another small evidence of this is in the newest episode. On Pinkie Pie's wall, the first picture is the party when she was a filly, then the next is Twilight's. Meaning there isn't a huge time difference.

Going by all this, the mane 6 is 2-3 years old, except Fluttershy who is 4.

And the CMC are 1-2 years old

And the baby ponies are everything from 0-1

This theory makes a lot of sense in my head, and how I perceive the characters. There is one problem though.

Grany Smith is supposedly 200 years old. It is kinda strange how you reach mature hood at around 6 years old, yet live to over 100.

Edited by Blaze Bronson
  • Brohoof 1

I will never accept anyone of the mane 6 to be that old. I believe ponies age a lot different than us. Reasoning you say?

What's wrong with being old? Most people at a young age are still ignorant and naive about that world, even when they think they know everything. Aging actually acts more as a milestone, because the more you grow, the more you know. On the cynical side, which most of the youth holds, they believe being one year older brings them closer to death. In reality, very few elderly people fear death, because they know death is inevitable, no matter what you tell yourself, and they live a satisfying life knowing that they have well spent the remainder of their lifetime. People who understand their meaning of life don't have to be envious of the tumultuous youth because they have been there before.

But I'm getting a bit off-topic. I would say, no matter if she's 21, 31, or 41, all of them are relatively young to middle-aged. I don't think Rainbow Dash will care herself, because she would have already revel in her age period. 

Well I refuse to believe that Twilight haven't had any friends her entire life before moving to Ponyville, which is around 20 years?

I believe the first year of ponies, they live with their family as babies and fillies. Then during their 2-3 year they get their cutie mark, and move out.

Twilight lived with her parents, and her brother for a year, without any other friends. Then she became a bookworm for a while, say a year. This turned her a bit awkward (but not humongous awkward as 20 years would make her) and then she moved to Ponyville at the age of 3 and made her first friends. 

Also Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy seems to have know each other since they were fillies. Based on how they still explore and learn new things about each other, there is no way they have known each other for 20+ years. Rather more like a year?

This applies to the whole mane 6, they act towards each other as if they became friends recently. If this is true, they have 20+ years of lore behind them before the events in MLP? How come they don't have other friends? How come they aren't more experienced? A lot happens during 20 years.

Another small evidence of this is in the newest episode. On Pinkie Pie's wall, the first picture is the party when she was a filly, then the next is Twilight's. Meaning there isn't a huge time difference.

Going by all this, the mane 6 is 2-3 years old, except Fluttershy who is 4.

And the CMC are 1-2 years old

And the baby ponies are everything from 0-1

This theory makes a lot of sense in my head, and how I perceive the characters. There is one problem though.

Grany Smith is supposedly 200 years old. It is kinda strange how you reach mature hood at around 6 years old, yet live to over 100.

Good point. Honestly I never thought like that. 2-3 years old? Well real life ponies lives almost 15 years. But it's a magical colorfull ponies with big cute eyes, it's a little different right? Besides if you remember the episode about Equestrian Games in Crystal empire, Rainbow said that many years ago when she was a little fily, Equestrian Games should be in Cloudsdale, but it wasn't. Many years ago... It can't be 2-3 years. And about Twilight, she had a friends before Ponyville' but it wasn't true best friends like mane 5, it was classmates. Remember first minutes of the first episodes? Few ponies invited Twilight to birthday party.

Good point. Honestly I never thought like that. 2-3 years old? Well real life ponies lives almost 15 years. But it's a magical colorfull ponies with big cute eyes, it's a little different right? Besides if you remember the episode about Equestrian Games in Crystal empire, Rainbow said that many years ago when she was a little fily, Equestrian Games should be in Cloudsdale, but it wasn't. Many years ago... It can't be 2-3 years. And about Twilight, she had a friends before Ponyville' but it wasn't true best friends like mane 5, it was classmates. Remember first minutes of the first episodes? Few ponies invited Twilight to birthday party.

Oh, I didn't catch that many years ago statement. I might expand their age a bit, but 20+ is still way too much.

3 could probably not, but 4 could be said to be many years ago. This means rainbow is 6. And this means Twilight has lived without friends, or only together with simple class mates, for 4 years. She states her self that she hasn't had any friends. That's quite harsh, but I guess her brother were enough.

Most of the mane 6 can be explained with this age, except for Rarity maybe. She has spent 4 years in Ponyville doing.. something. She is good at making dresses, but she doesn't seem to have expanded her business yet. Which we somewhat see in the show. I would believe 20 years of dressmaking without friends would make her a lot more Equestria known to say the least. Even 4 years should make her pretty famous, but it's still possible.

Another thing is Rainbow Dash. Has she really spent 20 years clearing clouds and not yet been able to join the wonderbolts? Also she pulled off the sonic rainboom when she was a filly, how come she haven't been able to do so again in all that time? If it was 4 years ago, it is more understandable.

Pinkie Pie seems to have a story in Ponyville, so she's ok

Fluttershy and Applejack are also possible as they could live their lives as they do now, and do it their whole life, so age doesn't matter.

Soo... Rarity and Pinkie Pie have lived in Ponyville since they were fillies. Pinkie have been friends with everyone, until she eventually meet her best friends. Rarity has supposedly stayed indoors making dresses for multiple years (4 maybe) until she befriended possibly Pinkie first, then the rest of the mane 6.

Fluttershy either lived in Cloudsdale or in Ponyville, but either way she kept to her self. But she probably knew Pinkie, since all do, and eventually befriended the rest.

According to Pinkie Pride it is Rainbow Dash's anniversary moving to Ponyville, which is meet with surprise. This means it's probably her first anniversary, meaning she have only lived in Ponyville for a year. This probably means that Fluttershy and Dash haven't talked until Dash moved. Proving that they are "new" friends, despite being 4 years ago.

So basically, Pinkie knew Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack. While Fluttershy knew Rainbow Dash. And when Rainbow moved to Ponyville, they became the mane 5.

Anywhere between this event, and Pinkie Pride, Twilight moves to Ponyville also, and befriends them. Ultimately becoming the mane 6.

Wall-of-text, I just love putting my thoughts on paper =)