Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Rainbow Dash?

Venomous

Still enough to shred the skin from AJ's flesh and destroy her eyes

When I see that made canon, i'll believe it.

When I see that made canon, i'll believe it.

That's what being caught in a high speed sandstorm does to you, fighting in a desert would be hellish for AJ. The sand will impede her movements(horses sink in sand) and she can get blasted by sandblasts before being pummeled

That's what being caught in a high speed sandstorm does to you, fighting in a desert would be hellish for AJ. The sand will impede her movements(horses sink in sand) and she can get blasted by sandblasts before being pummeled

Yes, and RainbowDash has absolutley 0 chance of getting sand in her eyes and temporaily distorting her vision, possibly resulting in her losing control or crashing  >_>

And no, you cannot count her using her flying goggles. I'm talking about the two battling it out with only themselves and no materials.

Yes, and RainbowDash has absolutley 0 chance of getting sand in her eyes and temporaily distorting her vision, possibly resulting in her losing control or crashing 

She's the one making the tornado, she can just close her eyes and fly in circles. If wind from flying at mach speed doesn't hurt her eyes, sand won't 

She's the one making the tornado, she can just close her eyes and fly in circles. If wind from flying at mach speed doesn't hurt her eyes, sand won't 

Right... I forgot that RainbowDash can't get sand in her eyes because she would never open her eyes during such an attack.

RainbowDash must be your favorite pony  :comeatus:

Right... I forgot that RainbowDash can't get sand in her eyes because she would never open her eyes during such an attack.

RainbowDash must be your favorite pony  :comeatus:

No, third to Twilight and AJ, I detest her(Fluttershy is better). It just so happens she rivals AJ in physical strength and is hundred times faster(at least)

No, third to Twilight and AJ, I detest her(Fluttershy is better). It just so happens she rivals AJ in physical strength and is hundred times faster(at least)

No, no. You have convinced me that you are on of those fans.

In terms of fighting

Twilight>Enraged Fluttershy>RD>AJ>Rarity>Pinkie Pie>Fluttershy

I made this thread about RainbowDash and AppleJack.

I made this thread about RainbowDash and AppleJack.

I was countering your implication that I think RD can beat anyone. No, she can't. But Earth Ponies truly get the short end of the stick. The most well trained unicorn and most well trained pegasus will be more destructive than the most well trained earth pony

@,

Eh, Twilight can just grab RD in her paralyze field and slam her against the ground repeatedly until her head pops. Twilight is OP, plz nerf 

Not as cut and paste as it sounds, but that's a different topic.

When I say "obstacles" I mean trees, cliffs, debris, etc. Just because RainbowDash can perform a Sonic RainBoom, doesn't mean she wouldn't run into a tree branch or get her wing caught in something. Sometimes, one can go too fast and lose control or not look where they're going.

Yeah, I know that RainbowDash can manipulate weather, but that does not mean that she IS the weather. By saying that she is the weather is  basically saying that she is the best weather pony in all of Equestria and can create a hurricane mixed with a tsunami and a sand storm  :confused:

As we've seen in 'Look Before You Sleep', a group of pegasi were needed to create a rain storm. RainbowDash is not superior when it comes to weather-changing. Thus, not always having the upper hand.

This is also a perfect example of what I mean by considering "outside factors". If RainbowDash and AppleJack are battling it out in a dry-as-hell desert with the temperature in the high 100's, RainbowDash would have an extremley difficult time producing a rain storm. Could she produce a sand storm? Maybe. We haven't seen her do that before

She's capable of clearing up any ambient conditions that would prevent her from getting in clear shot. It's also very much of a stretch to assume that Rainbow would aim for a spot with trees, or a cliff, especially when she has all the time in the world to set these off perfectly(Applejack cannot catch up with her). Even if they were in a spot with severe weather, it would hurt Applejack more than Rainbow; she can simply fly to another location and nuke her from there, or rainboom above the storm to clear it.Applejack has to walk through it

(edited)

Not as cut and paste as it sounds, but that's a different topic.

She's capable of clearing up any ambient conditions that would prevent her from getting in clear shot. It's also very much of a stretch to assume that Rainbow would aim for a spot with trees, or a cliff, especially when she has all the time in the world to set these off perfectly(Applejack cannot catch up with her). Even if they were in a spot with severe weather, it would hurt Applejack more than Rainbow; she can simply fly to another location and nuke her from there, or rainboom above the storm to clear it.Applejack has to walk through it

When it comes down to it, RainbowDash is impulsive, and that is absolutley a HUGE disadvantage. She always thinks that what she's doing is the best, when it's really a major flaw when putting her in a fighting situation.

RainbowDash isn't perfect, and it is a big possibility that she would fly too fast and crash or hurt herself. She may think that her flying abilities are so superior that she will always land a hit, when in reality, she would most likely f*ck up.

I was countering your implication that I think RD can beat anyone. No, she can't. But Earth Ponies truly get the short end of the stick. The most well trained unicorn and most well trained pegasus will be more destructive than the most well trained earth pony

I don't agree that Earth ponies get the short end of the deal, but if you think that, that's fine.

Edited by Royal Samurott

When it comes down to it, RainbowDash is impulsive, and that is absolutley a HUGE disadvantage. She always thinks that what she's doing is the best, when it's really a major flaw when putting her in a fighting situation.

RainbowDash isn't perfect, and it is a big possibility that she would fly too fast and crash or hurt herself. She may think that her flying abilities are so superior that she will always land a hit, when in reality, she would most likely f*ck up.

I don't agree that Earth ponies get the shirt end of the deal, but if you think that, that's fine.

That's too big of a stretch, especially when Rainbow Dash hasn't flubbed a single Rainboom after her initial attempts to create one. It's an especially big stretch when we take into account Testing Testing 1 2 3, in which we found out Rainbow Dash can analyze everything on the ground while in the process of flying. She's also capable of maneuvering quickly enough that she can make 90 degree turns at ground level, while Sonic Rainbooming, so dodging trees in the pre is not too difficult.

Anyways, Earth Ponies do have certain advantages. With an equal amount of training, and no Sonic Rainboom, a trained earth pony could learn to anticipate a pegasi's movements and use natural strength to disable them when they come in close.

Though its speculation on my part, considering what we know about unicorn magic(that they to brace the force with their own bodies), it's actually possible that a strong enough Earth Pony could stress telekinetic fields enough to break them. From there, it's just dodging energy beams to get close enough to disable them, or waiting for a unicorns stamina to run out throwing spelld. Of course, no earth pony we've seen can do that, and I have no idea what they could do against some of the more...destructive hell class spells, but it's not impossible.

Of course, Applejack isn't really "trained" as far as Earth ponies go, so this doesn't really involve her.

That's too big of a stretch, especially when Rainbow Dash hasn't flubbed a single Rainboom after her initial attempts to create one. It's an especially big stretch when we take into account Testing Testing 1 2 3, in which we found out Rainbow Dash can analyze everything on the ground while in the process of flying. She's also capable of maneuvering quickly enough that she can make 90 degree turns at ground level, while Sonic Rainbooming, so dodging trees in the pre is not too difficult.

Anyways, Earth Ponies do have certain advantages. With an equal amount of training, and no Sonic Rainboom, a trained earth pony could learn to anticipate a pegasi's movements and use natural strength to disable them when they come in close.

Though its speculation on my part, considering what we know about unicorn magic(that they to brace the force with their own bodies), it's actually possible that a strong enough Earth Pony could stress telekinetic fields enough to break them. From there, it's just dodging energy beams to get close enough to disable them, or waiting for a unicorns stamina to run out throwing spelld. Of course, no earth pony we've seen can do that, and I have no idea what they could do against some of the more...destructive hell class spells, but it's not impossible.

Of course, Applejack isn't really "trained" as far as Earth ponies go, so this doesn't really involve her.

I'm not strictly talking about RainBooms. At any point during her air strikes, she could very well crash and do damage to herself, hurting her ability to hit properly.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not strictly talking about RainBooms. At any point during her air strikes, she could very well crash and do damage to herself, hurting her ability to hit properly.

Yeah, I don't think the mare who does air tricks for a living is going to flub one she's known and practiced successfully every single time. Pulling off a Sonic Rainboom is not as difficult for Rainbow as you're making it, nor is she as stupid or clumsy as you're implying.

Yeah, I don't think the mare who does air tricks for a living is going to flub one she's known and practiced successfully every single time. Pulling off a Sonic Rainboom is not as difficult for Rainbow as you're making it, nor is she as stupid or clumsy as you're implying.

1. Sweetheart, i'm not talking about her performing a Sonic RainBoom. I'm talking about her flying in general and using other forms of flying attacks.

2. All I am saying is that RainbowDash CAN ACCIDENTALLY MAKE A MISTAKE BY MAKING A WRONG CHOICE (i.e, flying too fast and hurting herself or losing control).

3. Everytime I bring up the statement above, you counter it by saying that RainbowDash couldn't ever mess up or make a mistake because she is so incredibly talented at flying.

If you ask me, it doesn't matter how good one is at something. Everyone makes mistakes.

RainbowDash exceeding in the talent of flying does not dismiss her from ever making mistakes while flying.  :mellow:

• Brohoof 2

Applejack has brawn AND brain...RD is sadly just speed. we actually haven't seen her be "strong" in the same way one would have to be if they were to physically fight (I see RD and lean and nimble, plus the Mysterious Mare Do Well does not paint her as physically strong, whereas they definitely do with Applejack)....

• Brohoof 1

Applejack has brawn AND brain...RD is sadly just speed. we actually haven't seen her be "strong" in the same way one would have to be if they were to physically fight (I see RD and lean and nimble, plus the Mysterious Mare Do Well does not paint her as physically strong, whereas they definitely do with Applejack)....

RD smashed through several trees and the Wonderbolts, who are slower, were fully capable of slicing open Spikezilla's scales

1. Sweetheart, i'm not talking about her performing a Sonic RainBoom. I'm talking about her flying in general and using other forms of flying attacks.

2. All I am saying is that RainbowDash CAN ACCIDENTALLY MAKE A MISTAKE BY MAKING A WRONG CHOICE (i.e, flying too fast and hurting herself or losing control).

3. Everytime I bring up the statement above, you counter it by saying that RainbowDash couldn't ever mess up or make a mistake because she is so incredibly talented at flying.

If you ask me, it doesn't matter how good one is at something. Everyone makes mistakes.

RainbowDash exceeding in the talent of flying does not dismiss her from ever making mistakes while flying.  :mellow:

There's a clear distinction between possible and probable. Is it possible that I can trip while walking, or choke by breathing? Yes. Is it probable? No. Rainbow could mess up, but it's ridiculously unlikely she will, such that it shouldn't even factor in this match. 

Of course...it really wouldn't be a win for Applejack, or even a match at that point, since no fighting actually occurred. But if we're going to do this anyway, might as well make it fair. Double suicide; Rainbow crash lands and breaks her neck, and Applejack chokes herself to death on her lasso. Both scenarios are equally likely to occur.

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash grabs AJ, flies up into the sky, and drops AJ, leaving her to fall to her death. Therefor, Winner = Rainbow.

ccd93e5b87.gif

I was going to make a "One does not simply..." joke, but in all fairness I can see why you might have thought it would be that easy.

Problem is - it's not.  RD's advantage is speed (as well as pairing that with flight).  She's not a work horse.  So, while RD is a boss at flying (which, she is) ... She is not built for lifting/pulling/etc... 

And... Do take in mind that the following of what I'm about to say does not mean I'm saying "RD can't lift AJ" --- obviously this is not the case.  RD lifted Rarity and the Wonderbolts.  Therefore, I'm going to use the following information with a different rationale.

AJ is just built tough (muscularly).  She's not only more muscular (or rather; stronger) than RD, but she also has alot more mass.  Yes, that means she weighs more.  

6a8eed81a7.jpg

The above picture goes to show: "looks can be deceiving" ... AJ might not look to be that much heavier than RD, but she is.  About half of her body is hovering over the catapult, signifying that we can approximate AJ's weight to be nearly double.

So, what am I using this information for?  What's my point?

So long as AJ is (and remains) conscious, it doesn't matter how fast RD might come and swoop her up into the air, because RD is not strong enough to physically restrain AJ from resisting.  Ergo, RD is not going to be able to carry AJ for a long enough time period to reach a lethal height in the air [to be dropped from].  

Now, barring the fact that I know this following example is fallacious (though as far as I can tell, my previous ones have not been), just humor me with a bit a slack here, for the sake of it:

Let's create a hypothetical situation [crossing into the real world (which is why this is a fallacy, but humor me)]...

There are 2 people.  Person A is a track and field athlete; is very fast; and weighs around 150 pounds.  Person B is a farmer and cattle raiser; is very strong; and weighs around 275 pounds.

(Mind you, 275 isn't even double that of 150; but is 25 pounds shy of double).  If person A were to attempt to physically restrain person B via grappling (ergo, grabbing), do you think person A would be successful for very long?  Likely not.  Likely, person B, due to being physically stronger and heavier, would escape the grapple within seconds.  The grapple can only be as strong as the person who is doing the grappling.  Therefore, using both strength as an advantage - as well as weight - person B should be easily capable of becoming free of the grapple.  

//end hypothetical situation.

We also know that all ponies are tougher than real life standards across the board.  Tougher, as in, capable of withstanding forces greater than we can even fathom in real life.  And, it's cannon.  

I wanted to find a YouTube video, but alas, I cannot do so... anyway, we know the previous statement to stand true when looking at the example of the Diamond Dog's cave, and the ponies jumping into the hole, and then dropping to the floor of the cave.  It does show that drop to be large.  And they did not land on their hooves - BUT they got right back up, un-phased (despite the whining after hitting the ground).  

ALSO... I do hope it is safe to assume that, although it is not a completely cross-dependent ratio, with more strength, an amount of toughness is also gained.  So, looking at AJ, she's not only stronger than the average Earth pony (which, she is because, let's face it, she's a farmer; and she bucks trees, pulls plows, so on and so forth), but also therefore tougher.  With this in mind, AJ should be capable of with-standing a drop from a height much greater than what was seen in the episode with the Diamond Dogs.  

So... because of this, following a hypothetical situation where RD grabs AJ mid-flight and starts carrying her up into the air, AJ should escape RD's grasp quickly enough to not only just survive the fall, but likely not even be too affected from hitting the ground.  Especially if we are allowed to consider the possibility that ponies have adrenaline like we do - because... believe me... I know what it feels like to have an adrenaline rush and drop a motorcycle going 40mph.  Yeah, it sucked, but I picked my self up off the ground, and my only injuries were bloodied up arms.  But, I didn't even feel the pain until a good half an hour later, due to the adrenaline.  Anyways - if we can assume that ponies have adrenaline, too, then AJ should be nearly un-phased by the fall if she escapes RD's grasp quickly enough.  

I feel, therefore, that this example proves that RD cannot win the fight merely by grappling AJ and carrying her into the air upwards.  

---

Changing gears here...

If AJ was even capable of being grappled to begin with... should RD try it again, or just revert to attacking AJ thereafter via flight-attack... if RD goes straight for AJ's "person" (as in, straight for AJ herself; her body) rather than aiming at a nearby target and hoping the shockwave is enough to down AJ - Then, AJ has the chance of squaring up for a buck-kick aimed directly upon RD.  

If AJ makes contact with RD [with her buck-kick] at the same time RD makes contact with AJ [with her flight attack] there are 2 possible outcomes.  

The first of which consider's RD not using her Sonic Rainboom (directly at AJ), but rather just a simple flight-attack.  In this case, the outcome is:

AJ's buck-kick knocks out RD.  AJ takes the win. 

The second which consider's RD actually using her Sonic Rainboom (directly at AJ).  In this case:

The force of RD's blast transfers to AJ at the same time that the force of AJ's buck-kick transfers to RD.  And then, (even though those 2 forces alone make for an ending already) we can even add that, for each force exerted upon something, an equal and opposite force is exerted upon the source.  In this case, the outcome is:

Both ponies are knocked out.  Neither wins; both lose.  Draw (tie).

Now... the point at which RD can win is if AJ does not perform her buck-kick in good time.  In this case, the outcome is:

RD wins.

---

[All of] This is why the outcome of the thread "AJ vs RD in a fight" is not inevitable [one way].  

Either pony, AJ or RD, is capable of winning.  It comes down to the events that occur in each fight that makes a win possible for either.  Plus, again as I've said before... The events that can occur are dependent upon the location of the fight.

---

466950716f.gif

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 3

If Rainbow gets too cocky/hotheaded - AJ

If Rainbow manages to keep her cool - Rainbow

Let me explain. Yes, Rainbow's biggest talent is using the weather and flying, but that's not all she can do. I think her fighting talent is just as great, if not greater than AJ's. She IS training to be a Wonderbolt, afterall, so I'm sure she's gotten in a bunch of military training as well.

That said, if they ever started fighting, I'm sure something or somepony would disrupt their fighting anyway, and we would never find out who would win.

*Snip*

This is true. Were Rainbow Dash to lift AJ up, she could only to do it by lasso; anything else is suicide. The one place where she doesn't want AJ is up close, and by the time she got her high enough to injure her by dropping... well, let's say it's not going to be good for the pegasus. Applejack's impeccable lassoing skills also means she may just end up wrapping that sucker around Rainbow's neck, at which point, Rainbow can either:

1: drop her like an idiot and die by asphyxiation, or

2; drop down to the ground and face the prospect of fighting AJ in close combat

Neither ones a good way to go, or go out, in this case.

Of course, in the open air, the biggest reason Applejack can't win is that it's not really a physical fight. The Sonic Rainboom isn't a physical attack, it's a massive shockwave, capable of nearly uprooting trees miles from the source blast, and AJ doesn't really have a way of stopping it. Rainbow doesn't have to be anywhere near her to end this match... in the open air, anyway.

• Brohoof 2