Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Rainbow Dash?

Venomous

(edited)

Earth ponies are known to have the best mouth, tail, eye coordination (Applejack uses the lasso with her tail). If Applejack can catch Rainbow Dash with her lasso tied up and brings her down a swift buck to the mouth could finish her off as I doubt Rainbow Dash is very sturdy.

Even if Rainbow Dash starts spinning around to create a tornado that doesn't mean Applejack won't run out of the way of it because after all the tornado takes time to be made and Applejack will see it coming. She could just walk far off behind the tornado's moving direction and be safe. If Rainbow Dash makes the tornado in low altitude she's in death zone because Applejack could easily predict Dash's movements (she's just spinning round and round) and lasso her and kick her out.

Also doubt Rainbow Dash could fly down and hit Applejack because the force of that impact will kill Rainbow Dash as well. Dash would not do that.

Rainbow Dash could fly around dropping objects on Applejack, but Applejack has the ability to dodge as well and objects that fall aren't really good at being directed.

Fight Commence

Rainbow Dash flies up higher from where she's at to avoid Applejack's lasso. Rainbow Dash flies somewhere else grabs a crate of apples, flies towards Applejack and bombards it down on her. Applejack dodges the crate. This time Rainbow Dash changes up her strategy higher up in the air she spins around creating a tornado until it's large enough to reach the ground, Applejack sees the tornado being made and runs behind it, the tornado harmlessly moves away from the fight, Rainbow Dash flies off and changes up her strategy again. This time she brings the crate of apples, begans to drop it then starts making a tornado around it high up in the air where Applejack's lasso can't reach her.

Now Rainbow Dash's tornado is once again avoided by Applejack who saw it coming. Applejack also saw Rainbow Dash drop a crate of apples on it. The tornado shatters the crate bunch of apples. Apples fly around the place. Applejack has to only avoid the few apples flying behind the tornado, being the tree bucking apple catching cowgirl she evades three apples, kicks one up and kicks it towards Rainbow Dash just as she gets out of the spin, it konks Rainbow on the head making her slightly dazed causing her body to slowly descend down, before she knew it she saw a circle of rope flying over her, it's fastened and she is brought straight down to the ground, she tries to fight against the tug but being up in the air vs someone on the ground, gravity was against her even if they were equal in strength. "Oh no...." Dash muttered before a two hooves collided into her face.

K.O.!

Edited by cidershield

Applejack is an earth pony who works on a farm. One of her kicks would seriously injure Rainbow Dash who is a lot lighter and weaker in build due to being a Pegasi. In close quarters hoof to hoof combat, Applejack wins.

However, if they were fighting in an open area then all Rainbow Dash would need to do is stay away from Applejack's kicks and she should be able to do that because she can just fly away from Applejack and do touch and go attacks from above until Applejack can't take it anymore.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dash is all show.

AJ really knows how to kick flank.

Nope. Dash is all skill. AJ would barely get her sweating.

I agree with this.

AppleJack is much stronger.

Strength alone isn't going to be enough. Dash is faster and more cunning

Earth ponies are known to have the best mouth, tail, eye coordination (Applejack uses the lasso with her tail). If Applejack can catch Rainbow Dash with her lasso tied up and brings her down a swift buck to the mouth could finish her off as I doubt Rainbow Dash is very sturdy.

Even if Rainbow Dash starts spinning around to create a tornado that doesn't mean Applejack won't run out of the way of it because after all the tornado takes time to be made and Applejack will see it coming. She could just walk far off behind the tornado's moving direction and be safe. If Rainbow Dash makes the tornado in low altitude she's in death zone because Applejack could easily predict Dash's movements (she's just spinning round and round) and lasso her and kick her out.

Also doubt Rainbow Dash could fly down and hit Applejack because the force of that impact will kill Rainbow Dash as well. Dash would not do that.

Rainbow Dash could fly around dropping objects on Applejack, but Applejack has the ability to dodge as well and objects that fall aren't really good at being directed.

Fight Commence

Rainbow Dash flies up higher from where she's at to avoid Applejack's lasso. Rainbow Dash flies somewhere else grabs a crate of apples, flies towards Applejack and bombards it down on her. Applejack dodges the crate. This time Rainbow Dash changes up her strategy higher up in the air she spins around creating a tornado until it's large enough to reach the ground, Applejack sees the tornado being made and runs behind it, the tornado harmlessly moves away from the fight, Rainbow Dash flies off and changes up her strategy again. This time she brings the crate of apples, begans to drop it then starts making a tornado around it high up in the air where Applejack's lasso can't reach her.

Now Rainbow Dash's tornado is once again avoided by Applejack who saw it coming. Applejack also saw Rainbow Dash drop a crate of apples on it. The tornado shatters the crate bunch of apples. Apples fly around the place. Applejack has to only avoid the few apples flying behind the tornado, being the tree bucking apple catching cowgirl she evades three apples, kicks one up and kicks it towards Rainbow Dash just as she gets out of the spin, it konks Rainbow on the head making her slightly dazed causing her body to slowly descend down, before she knew it she saw a circle of rope flying over her, it's fastened and she is brought straight down to the ground, she tries to fight against the tug but being up in the air vs someone on the ground, gravity was against her even if they were equal in strength. "Oh no...." Dash muttered before a two hooves collided into her face.

K.O.!

Not buying it. RD Nuked AJ's old barn and walked away without a scratch. AJ's not that OP either. Dash would win in that kind of fight. No doubt.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. Dash is all skill. AJ would barely get her sweating.

Strength alone isn't going to be enough. Dash is faster and more cunning

Not buying it. RD Nuked AJ's old barn and walked away without a scratch. AJ's not that OP either. Dash would win in that kind of fight. No doubt.

Writing is inconsistent other times Dash gets hurt crashing into a wall. That's why it's hard to determine these things in a child's cartoon about ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure RD would win, as she is much more agile and has the advantage of flying.

But, I have always wanted to know, Rarity :D vs Twilight ^_^.

Pretty sure RD would win, as she is much more agile and has the advantage of flying.

But, I have always wanted to know, Rarity :D vs Twilight ^_^.

• 3 months later...

Applejack is an earth pony who works on a farm. One of her kicks would seriously injure Rainbow Dash who is a lot lighter and weaker in build due to being a Pegasi. In close quarters hoof to hoof combat, Applejack wins.

However, if they were fighting in an open area then all Rainbow Dash would need to do is stay away from Applejack's kicks and she should be able to do that because she can just fly away from Applejack and do touch and go attacks from above until Applejack can't take it anymore.

They both have some serious pros, don't they? 

Eh my money's on Applejack. One word, endurance. I think Applejack could take the hits far better than Rainbow Dash and could just wear her down and win. That being said I think there still is a strong chance Rainbow Dash could win, mostly relying on her speed to get a quick KO or the like and simply overwhelming Applejack. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 2

Eh my money's on Applejack. One word, endurance. I think Applejack could take the hits far better than Rainbow Dash and could just wear her down and win. That being said I think there still is a strong chance Rainbow Dash could win, mostly relying on her speed to get a quick KO or the like and simply overwhelming Applejack. 

I see this in the same lightt as you. I honestly do.

According to when I act out the fights, Rainbow would beat Applejack. Applejack is very strong, but she struggles against Rainbow Dash because Rainbow easily dodges her attacks, and she has weather on her side. 

The fights have Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash, if you're wondering. Rarity beats Rainbow, Rainbow beats Applejack, and Applejack beats Rarity. It's like rock paper scissors, but the other way around is possible. This was just from me acting, though. So don't take my word on it. 

Still, I would go with Rainbow. 

Even if rainbow dash was able to shoot lighting by kicking bad clouds, applejack can dodge them just fine.

True, it is rather easy to dodge millions of volts of electricity moving at the speed of light.

Anyway, in a battle of raw strength, it would be AJ hooves down, as per the general consensus. I imagine she would request that RD tie her wings down out of "fairness" (See Running of the Leaves), even though AJ then gets quite the advantage.

Applejack only ever wins this fight if you cripple Rainbow Dash in the match-up. Prime Rainbow vs Prime Applejack goes something like:

>Match starts

>Rainbow takes off faster than AJ can react

>Rainbow Dash spams a Rainboom from a mile or less away

>Rinses and repeats, provided Applejack survived the first one.

And there's nothing AJ can do about it. She's outclassed.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack only ever wins this fight if you cripple Rainbow Dash in the match-up. Prime Rainbow vs Prime Applejack goes something like:

>Match starts

>Rainbow takes off faster than AJ can react

>Rainbow Dash spams a Rainboom from a mile or less away

>Rinses and repeats, provided Applejack survived the first one.

And there's nothing AJ can do about it. She's outclassed.

Yeah, this is pretty much how it would go. How could an Earth Pony even fight a Pegasus?

They'd probably just fight for 30 seconds or so and then stop, hug it out, and say that it's all about friendship in the end, or something stupid like that.

:P

Sounds like a reasonable possibility lol

Rainbow Dash wins. Fall Weather Friends shows that they're at more or less equal physically, and Rainbow Dash can fly. Sure, Applejack can throw stuff at Rainbow, but it really would not be all that difficult for Rainbow to dodge. If they were in an area with a low ceiling taking away the flight advantage, Applejack probably has better endurance and can therefore win, but if they're in any sort of open area the advantage is Rainbow's. 

Is this even debatable? Dashie is way faster and that's what would win out ultimately. If you take her wings away than AJ would probably have the edge, due to her strength and boldness probably.

• Brohoof 1

Is this even debatable? Dashie is way faster and that's what would win out ultimately. If you take her wings away than AJ would probably have the edge, due to her strength and boldness probably.

Then again, Rainbow Dash has a more competitive nature and she's more desperate to win that Applejack.

Rainbow Dash B)  because she can fly

Although applejack Is way stronger than her :icwudt:  but...

Rainbow Dash can fly up and go down at applejack at a very fast speed, and therefore possibly crushing one of her ribs :blink:

But I'm pretty sure that won't happen never ever!!

• Brohoof 1