Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Rainbow Dash?

Venomous

Yeah, if Applejack gets her lasso around Rainbow Dash (Like she has easily done before) and pulled her in, one stomp of her hoof and Rainbow Dash is done. Tear off Rainbow's wings and she is absolutely nothing

Well... other then a super cool, rainbow, magical pony of awesomeness

Really? Has AJ done it on an RD that was trying to dodge? 

AJ won't even see her coming

Applejack because she's a lot stronger. Her lassoe can take Rainbow down if she caught her. But I won't say only Applejack. Rainbow has a good chance if she can stay in the air. But if she's on the ground, Applejackcould lend out some serious hurt. So applejack. It's kind of a 50-50 type of question really. 

Really? Has AJ done it on an RD that was trying to dodge? 

AJ won't even see her coming

As Rainbow is the questionable best flyer in Equestria, Applejack is questionably the best with a lasso in Equestria

Unless Rainbow has some razor sharp teeth, because she is way to light and agile to rip through a rope by herself, if Applejack gets only ONE catch with the lasso, Rainbow is done.

As Rainbow is the questionable best flyer in Equestria, Applejack is questionably the best with a lasso in Equestria

Unless Rainbow has some razor sharp teeth, because she is way to light and agile to rip through a rope by herself, if Applejack gets only ONE catch with the lasso, Rainbow is done.

RD was biting through wooden support beams, she'll be fine

That is, if her mouth can even reach the rope with how tight it's being pulled, and how quickly Applejack whips her frail pegasus body back to her

Frail? This would be the same thing that can smash headlong through trees, right?

Yeah, and be in the hospital for a entire week for a simple wing injury

That has to do with recovery abilitiy, not durability. And one week is a very short time for a broken bone like that

That has to do with recovery abilitiy, not durability. And one week is a very short time for a broken bone like that

I break a bone and only have to spend a hour in the hospital, but Rainbow spent a whole week in the hospital being pumped with medicine (Most likely to get her to heal so quickly, and probably magic too)

It also shows how fragile she is, and how out of control too. At speeds like that, it can take a single rock at the wing to send her spiraling out of control and crashing into the ground. Applejack wouldn't have to do a thing for her to completely mess herself up

I break a bone and only have to spend a hour in the hospital, but Rainbow spent a whole week in the hospital being pumped with medicine (Most likely to get her to heal so quickly, and probably magic too)

It also shows how fragile she is, and how out of control too. At speeds like that, it can take a single rock at the wing to send her spiraling out of control and crashing into the ground. Applejack wouldn't have to do a thing for her to completely mess herself up

How does healing time make a difference in battle?

And the fact that she wasn't paste on the ground from crashing at super sonic speeds is impressive.

And AJ could get hit once at that speed and her body would literally explode

How does healing time make a difference in battle?

And the fact that she wasn't paste on the ground from crashing at super sonic speeds is impressive.

And AJ could get hit once at that speed and her body would literally explode

So Applejack, a pony 4 times the weight of of her friend, will explode when getting hit at mach speed, when Rainbow Dash doesn't turn into paste when crashing at mach speed? That takes out that idea

And I said how fragile she is. She crashed at something that wasn't mach speed and broke a wing, and it took 1 week to make her recover. It's not the time that it took her to recover, it's how much was needed to be done to make her recover that matters

• Brohoof 2

So Applejack, a pony 4 times the weight of of her friend, will explode when getting hit at mach speed, when Rainbow Dash doesn't turn into paste when crashing at mach speed? That takes out that idea

And I said how fragile she is. She crashed at something that wasn't mach speed and broke a wing, and it took 1 week to make her recover. It's not the time that it took her to recover, it's how much was needed to be done to make her recover that matters

Well, let's look at the facts. AJ can't destroy the barn, RD can. 

And as for 4x the weight, I'm a 1,000x heavier than a bullet, won't save me. 

Again, what's your point?! Healing time means nothing! Wolverine can regenerate, yet he'd get owned by Juggernaut, who can't!

Well, let's look at the facts. AJ can't destroy the barn, RD can. 

And as for 4x the weight, I'm a 1,000x heavier than a bullet, won't save me. 

Again, what's your point?! Healing time means nothing! Wolverine can regenerate, yet he'd get owned by Juggernaut, who can't!

1. Applejack can buck 1000+ trees in a matter of a few days, without sleep, proving her having a extreme endurance, where Rainbow Dash has not been proven in the show to have more endurance then a sprinting athlete. With Rainbow going at mach speeds, Applejack can probably dodge easily in the safety of her home at Sweet Apple Acres, by hopping tree to tree. Eventually, Rainbow having to keep up that speed, will tire her out, slowing her down so that Applejack can rope her in with a lasso, and finish her. It doesn't even have to be at Sweet Apple Acres. Unless Applejack is in middle of a field, she can easily dodge every one of Rainbow's attacks. Even in middle of a field though, Applejack will probably still have a chance to dodge, since Rainbow won't be able to control her aim at such high speeds, and will have to slow down.

2. And as 4x less the weight, let's say the size of a small animal, hasn't saved them from being ran over by tractor trailer. It also hasn't saved them when they have fallen/crashed from any height more then 10 feet.

3. You don't read

tumblr_m3px0wcb2K1qdsldwo1_r2_1280.jpg

1. Applejack can buck 1000+ trees in a matter of a few days, without sleep, proving her having a extreme endurance, where Rainbow Dash has not been proven in the show to have more endurance then a sprinting athlete

Who needs endurance when you can smash your foe in one blow?

With Rainbow going at mach speeds, Applejack can probably dodge easily in the safety of her home at Sweet Apple Acres, by hopping tree to tree

Untile RD gets bored and nukes the place with the Sonic Rainboom

And as 4x less the weight, let's say the size of a small animal, hasn't saved them from being ran over by tractor trailer. It also hasn't saved them when they have fallen/crashed from any height more then 10 feet.

More speed=more force. Tell me when you can take a bullet to the face and laugh it off

3. You don't read

You are under the impression that AJ can dodge bullets 

(edited)

Who needs endurance when you can smash your foe in one blow?

Untile RD gets bored and nukes the place with the Sonic Rainboom

More speed=more force. Tell me when you can take a bullet to the face and laugh it off

You are under the impression that AJ can dodge bullets 

1. But obviously she wouldn't blow up, because Rainbow Dash apparently doesn't apply to the rules of physics when she crashes, so why shouldn't Applejack not apply to physics when she is hit? And even if she did run herself into Applejack, she would finish herself too

2. Nuke? You mean, take out a old wooden barn, and maybe lightly land some debris on her like it did in the show. That didn't even leave a scratch. The funny thing is though, we didn't see RD after that scene. Most likely injured herself (And had no control from her yelling) and landed herself in a hospital taking a entire surgery/shit ton of medications to make her recover between episodes. We can't say that, but we can assume it if we'd like, just like we can assume she would survive that unharmed

3. Yes! Now you're reading! More speed equals more force of Rainbow smashing her face into the ground and dying! That's EXACTLY what I'm saying!

4. And you are under the impression that Rainbow Dash has total control flying at fighter jet speed, such aim that she can hit the tiny target which is Applejack when she's flying

Edited by Delta
  • Brohoof 1

The Rainbow Dash side has already provided a ridiculous amount of evidence on how she can win, but i've yet to see evidence from the Applejack side. Prove Applejack is capable of reacting to something going as fast as RD; dodging twilight's magic or reacting to lightning bolts is a good start.

• Brohoof 3

1. But obviously she wouldn't blow up, because Rainbow Dash apparently doesn't apply to the rules of physics when she crashes. And even if she did run herself into Applejack, she would finish herself too

Except that RD can smash through trees like they were match wood

2. Nuke? You mean, take out a old wooden barn, and maybe lightly land some debris on her like it did in the show. That didn't even leave a scratch. The funny thing is though, we didn't see RD after that scene. Most likely injured herself (And had no control from her yelling) and landed herself in a hospital taking a entire surgery/shit ton of medications to make her recover between episodes. We can't say that, but we can assume it if we'd like, just like we can assume she would survive that unharmed

Not if she landed it right next to AJ. Or jut use lightning to barbecue her

3. Yes! Now you're reading! More speed equals more force of Rainbow smashing her face into the ground and dying! That's EXACTLY what I'm saying!

RD can dodge lightning, she'll have enough reaction time in a serious battle to avoid that

4. And you are under the impression that Rainbow Dash has total control flying at fighter jet speed, such aim that she can hit the tiny target which is Applejack when she's flying

Considering she has the ability to casually dodge lightning, something insanely fast, yeah, she can control herself just fine

Stop being a fanboy and realize that AJ has no way of winning that wouldn't involve RD standing still for her. 

Even if by some miracle, AJ grounded RD, RD is still able to react to lightning, AJ would be moving in slo mo.

Here's the deal

RD in speed and agility>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AJ

AJ in strength>>>RD

RD can hold her own in a strength contest with AJ, AJ wouldn't have a prayer in a speed contest. 

But, since you are convinced in your ways, I have challenge for you. Go outside, and ask someone to shoot you. Try to punch the bullet in mid air. As you lie in the hospital with a mangled hand, compare the bullet to RD and your hand to AJ

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Picnic. She was at the picnic. Unharmed. 

post-2257-0-65434700-1405426725_thumb.jpg

Lawyered.

Edited by Sunny Fox
  • Brohoof 1

I find it funny that in none of the posts I've read has there been a mention of Rainbow Dash having a black belt in karate.  This means that she KNOWS how to fight AND defend herself.  Also, we've seen RD get pummeled by EVERYTHING and get back up like nothing happened.  And how many times has she held her hooves up in anticipation to fight?  She's not a runner, she's a fighter.

Apple Jack may be strong, but it's not the same type of strength needed for fighting.  She lacks the training and applications involved with FIGHTING in order to FIGHT, especially against someone who's got a lot of experience and know-how.

It'd be like having me with a metal bat going up against Manny Pacquiao.  I could theoretically slam him good and hard, but my options are limited, and he'd probably be able to avoid OR block against them.  Even if I were to make contact, he'd most likely shrug it off before pummeling me into the floor.

Rainbow Dash wins.

• Brohoof 4

@Cwanky: earth pony magic is so ambiguous- what does it do, anyway? it's hard to tell because Earth ponies have a wider range of jobs that don't focus on that attribute; a high majority of pegasus use their flying ability, and most unicorns use their magic, but only a couple of Earth ponies use their ability to tend the fields(Cheerilee's a teacher, Octavia's a musician, Pinkie's a baker,etc).

You're falling for the same old fallacy of overgeneralization again. Just because for example most birds are capable of flight, doesn't mean that ALL of them are. Likewise, just because many or most earth ponies are farmers or employed in other labor intensive fields, doesn't mean that ALL of them are. The same goes for pegasi, unicorns and even the rare example of mules, via  Mulia Mild, alike. Because a race possesses a certain trait, doesn't mean that every member of that race will be doing something associated with that trait, at least not blatantly.

Second of all earth ponies are still at the core, have a history and tradition of coming from farmers and laborers. A Hearth Warming's Eve establishes that earth ponies as a tribe were strictly farmers and producers of food. What's vague about earth pony magic though, is the whole "connection to the earth." On the 1 hand, in the same episode its suggested that it may mean that only earth ponies can grow or are most efficient at growing certain foods and crops, giving them an innate green thumb of sorts. On the other, as the show consistently highlights their physical attributes it likely also includes their physical strength and endurance.

And its not just "a couple" of earth ponies that tend the field. Don't kid yourself. More to reality its that virtually EVERY farmer we've seen in Equestria is an earth pony, not a unicorn or pegasi, much as we see that virtually ever weather patroller is a pegasi.

Also when Celestia said that "without their strength" I'm pretty damn sure she meant the earth pony's physical strength to tend the fields. Seeing as they eschew from most machinery, manual farm labor demands solid physical strength and endurance. Even something as seemingly simple as planting seeds. Trust me, my dad's family has owned and worked rice farms in the countryside when he was younger. Bending down in a field for hours and crouching your legs and back to till and plant seeds itself is physically demanding and draining. 

Earth pony strength is as canon as Applejack loves apples. I'm not going to argue that point any further.

• Brohoof 1

@Cwanky: Was really commenting on the idea that it's never explicitly shown: We know pegasus are fast, and we know unicorns use magic, but strength is harder to judge: the strongest pony in the show is bulk biceps, a pegasus. I, personally, though it was endurance, not physical strength. But, for the sake of this match-up, being marginally stronger, or even significantly stronger, doesn't really matter, so it's not really worth discussing here.

[...] so it's not really worth discussing here.

If that's the case, this shouldn't even be a thread.  I mean, RD and AJ aren't ever going to get into a fight where they want to knock the other out or even kill them.  So, what's the point of this thread, in that case?

DERP

It's worth discussing because it's true.  

(Wow I need to stop coming to this thread.  Too many fallacies.  To much dismissing of fact.  Why do I even bother...)

Earth. Ponies. Are. Stronger.

Period.

• Brohoof 1

If that's the case, this shouldn't even be a thread.  I mean, RD and AJ aren't ever going to get into a fight where they want to knock the other out or even kill them.  So, what's the point of this thread, in that case?

DERP

It's worth discussing because it's true.  

(Wow I need to stop coming to this thread.  Too many fallacies.  To much dismissing of fact.  Why do I even bother...)

Earth. Ponies. Are. Stronger.

Period.

You, my good sir, have missed the point. Whether it's true or not doesn't necessarily matter in this match-up. I'll cede Applejack is stronger if that's really an issue, but you need evidence to show that's she's capable of reacting to someone or something going as fast as Rainbow Dash. Currently, there's nothing stopping RD from throwing down a Sonic Rainboom of whoopass on Applejack or going all 17:55 on her:

and cutting her in half.

You, my good sir, have missed the point. Whether it's true or not doesn't necessarily matter in this match-up. I'll cede Applejack is stronger if that's really an issue, but you need evidence to show that's she's capable of reacting to someone or something going as fast as Rainbow Dash. Currently, there's nothing stopping RD from throwing down a Sonic Rainboom of whoopass on Applejack or going all 17:55 on her:

and cutting her in half.

Look, let me say this much: I think most of us on either side here agree on more than we realize.

I've figured out that the problem with most of what all we have said is this:  The location of the battle is ultimately the biggest factor in who would win, because obviously both AJ and RD each have their own advantages in different ways.

I am going to list a location, and it's respective winner (just my opinion):

Barn: AJ

House: AJ

Field: RD

Open Stadium: RD

However, here are some locations where it gets tricky, and choosing a winner based on location is not as easy:

Everfree Forest: ?

Ghastly Gorge: ?

Do you understand where I'm coming from?  

• Brohoof 2