Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Rainbow Dash?

Venomous

Neither.

Because violence is wrong and young children should not be exposed to it.

Also because winning and losing isn't fair. Life is all about being fair, y'know, so everyone wins!

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash would win if pride didn't get to her. She could fly off to a cloud and recover, or grab rocks and toss them at AppleJack from above. RD's speed could help her evade a lasso or two, but she'd feel it wasn't a fair fight if this was done. AppleJack would win simply because Rainbow Dash's pride wouldn't let her use her advantages.

....The Flash is a fast superhero, the point is that being a farmer means jack when the opponent is so much faster

Oh, Well I'm an idiot....

anyways, she can lasso him maybe...and he'll have to attack eventually. Applejack could attack then.

Oh, Well I'm an idiot....

anyways, she can lasso him maybe...and he'll have to attack eventually. Applejack could attack then.

piccolo-face-palm-dragon-ball-z-26078454

You know that with that logic, you could just catch a bullet mid air, yeah?

Sorry for being stupid. I know nothing about superheroes.

This has nothing to do with super heroes, I was using Flash as a comparison. RD is faster than a bullet as she can dodge lightning

This has nothing to do with super heroes, I was using Flash as a comparison. RD is faster than a bullet as she can dodge lightning

Well, I'm a bigger idiot then.

Rainbow can dodge lightning because she and the other pegasi control it.

If Rainbow uses weather to attack Then Applejack could get away. She has been shown to be swift. Now if it's lightning, then...well only cartoon logic can save Applejack. BUT... Rainbow dash is the "attack without thinking type" She'd probably just try to buck applejack. Rainbow would get kocked out if Applejack hits her a couple times. Rainbow dash could easily lose.

Well, I'm a bigger idiot then.

Rainbow can dodge lightning because she and the other pegasi control it.

If Rainbow uses weather to attack Then Applejack could get away. She has been shown to be swift. Now if it's lightning, then...well only cartoon logic can save Applejack. BUT... Rainbow dash is the "attack without thinking type" She'd probably just try to buck applejack. Rainbow would get kocked out if Applejack hits her a couple times. Rainbow dash could easily lose.

Rainbow can fly into a cliff face first and shrug it off, I think she can take a few bucks. Also, pegasi can apparently use the sonic slice technique. We know that the Wonderbolts are able to fly fast enough that they slice through Spikezilla's spikes

Rainbow can fly into a cliff face first and shrug it off, I think she can take a few bucks. Also, pegasi can apparently use the sonic slice technique. We know that the Wonderbolts are able to fly fast enough that they slice through Spikezilla's spikes

Applejack's talent is bucking apples. Applejack is smarter than Rainbow. she could knock her out if her life depended on it. And there are reasons why Rainbow isn't a wonderbolt. She did go through trees in Sleepless in ponyville. But Rainbow dash did buck a dragon in the face when in danger. She's not the brightest.

Rainbow would either hide or attack without any idea what she's doing. 

Applejack's talent is bucking apples. Applejack is smarter than Rainbow. she could knock her out if her life depended on it. And there are reasons why Rainbow isn't a wonderbolt. She did go through trees in Sleepless in ponyville. But Rainbow dash did buck a dragon in the face when in danger. She's not the brightest.

Rainbow would either hide or attack without any idea what she's doing. 

Just to help you understand the difference between the two, and because I want to add my two cents, here's why Rainbow Dash can win.

1. Rainbow Dash is much faster than Applejack. This allows Rainbow Dash to speed blitz Applejack and would surely force her on the defensive as she'll have very few chances to actually hit her as RD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AJ in speed.

2. Rainbow Dash can fly and Applejack has little to no means to counter her ability of flight other than an outside and lucky chance with her lasso and considering of how insane her awareness is while in flight if 'Testing 123' has anything to say about that, and how good her reaction speed is (Lightning dodger), AJ will most likely fail in any of her attempts to rein in dash while she's in flight. Another huge advantage for RD's flight is that RD can pick and choose when to attack AJ while AJ can only react and defend from such attacks as she has little chance to move away from dash long enough to try and turn the battle to her favor.

3. If AJ were to use say a building or forest to try protect herself from RD's flight, RD can counter it by literally slicing through the trees or building with her impressive speed and force she's projecting as 'Sleepless in Ponyville' showed her being able to slice through multiple tree trunks off with ease, do her Atomic Rainboom to obliterate the place, or use a cloud and have it shoot lightning bolts at the place to burn it down.

4. RD is a black belt in Karate while AJ is at best self taught. This shows that RD is a much more trained fighter than AJ is and thus will most likely beat AJ in a straight up brawl. Heck, Rarity who likely knows martial arts considering her fighting stance in 'Return of Harmony' was able to easily beat AJ in that regard, RD with a black belt will at least earn the same results and likely do it in an even bigger stomp thanks to her superior speed, strength, and flight abilities over Rarity.

5. RD has more abilities to use than AJ does thanks to her flight abilities, thus she has a much larger arsenal of ways to defeat AJ while AJ likewise doesn't.

6. RD's insane durability helps too as RD has shrugged off diving headfirst into the ground to destroy a barn, surviving whatever she hit in the episode 'Read it and Weep' with only an injured wing, and loads of other durability feats I'm sure I'm missing. This will allow her to easily shrug off whatever attack AJ manages to inflict upon her.

7. Whatever gap AJ has over RD in natural strength can be easily defeated by RD's speed (Momentum projects force) and it's still no where near as large as RD's advantage over AJ in speed.

8. Despite people's belief that RD's arrogance will be her undoing, I've never seen her arrogance being too much of a problem to her in a competition or a fight.

This is what I can personally provide, which I'm sure many smarter people than I can provide more in detail, but it will showcase to you for why I believe RD will stomp AJ in a fight.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just to help you understand the difference between the two, and because I want to add my two cents, here's why Rainbow Dash can win.

1. Rainbow Dash is much faster than Applejack. This allows Rainbow Dash to speed blitz Applejack and would surely force her on the defensive as she'll have very few chances to actually hit her as RD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AJ in speed.

2. Rainbow Dash can fly and Applejack has little to no means to counter her ability of flight other than an outside and lucky chance with her lasso and considering of how insane her awareness is while in flight if 'Testing 123' has anything to say about that, and how good her reaction speed is (Lightning dodger), AJ will most likely fail in any of her attempts to rein in dash while she's in flight. Another huge advantage for RD's flight is that RD can pick and choose when to attack AJ while AJ can only react and defend from such attacks as she has little chance to move away from dash long enough to try and turn the battle to her favor.

3. If AJ were to use say a building or forest to try protect herself from RD's flight, RD can counter it by literally slicing through the trees or building with her impressive speed and force she's projecting as 'Sleepless in Ponyville' showed her being able to slice through multiple tree trunks off with ease, do her Atomic Rainboom to obliterate the place, or use a cloud and have it shoot lightning bolts at the place to burn it down.

4. RD is a black belt in Karate while AJ is at best self taught. This shows that RD is a much more trained fighter than AJ is and thus will most likely beat AJ in a straight up brawl. Heck, Rarity who likely knows martial arts considering her fighting stance in 'Return of Harmony' was able to easily beat AJ in that regard, RD with a black belt will at least earn the same results and likely do it in an even bigger stomp thanks to her superior speed, strength, and flight abilities over Rarity.

5. RD has more abilities to use than AJ does thanks to her flight abilities, thus she has a much larger arsenal of ways to defeat AJ while AJ likewise doesn't.

6. RD's insane durability helps too as RD has shrugged off diving headfirst into the ground to destroy a barn, surviving whatever she hit in the episode 'Read it and Weep' with only an injured wing, and loads of other durability feats I'm sure I'm missing. This will allow her to easily shrug off whatever attack AJ manages to inflict upon her.

7. Whatever gap AJ has over RD in natural strength can be easily defeated by RD's speed (Momentum projects force) and it's still no where near as large as RD's advantage over AJ in speed.

8. Despite people's belief that RD's arrogance will be her undoing, I've never seen her arrogance being too much of a problem to her in a competition or a fight.

This is what I can personally provide, which I'm sure many smarter people than I can provide more in detail, but it will showcase to you for why I believe RD will stomp AJ in a fight.

Rainbow Dash also has the ability to greatly weaken any force Applejack could throw at her just by loosening her body and rolling with the hit. Taking the force of a shot and translating it into momentum means she'll barely feel any punches even if AJ could hit her. Try slapping a fly out of the air and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash also has the ability to greatly weaken any force Applejack could throw at her just by loosening her body and rolling with the hit. Taking the force of a shot and translating it into momentum means she'll barely feel any punches even if AJ could hit her. Try slapping a fly out of the air and you'll see what I mean.

I hear ya, letting her body go with the force rather than go against it would help minimize the damage for her as well. Thank you.

(edited)

Ummmm? Rainbow Dash flies up, breaks sound barrier, then punches Applejack.

Not only would she win, she would literally break Applejack into subatomic matter.

gg%20no%20re.gif

Edited by Acoustic Cloud

You're mostly right. I just want to make something clear. I don't think Rainbow's arrogance is the problem. I think her lack of thinking could be a problem.

• Brohoof 1

You're mostly right. I just want to make something clear. I don't think Rainbow's arrogance is the problem. I think her lack of thinking could be a problem.

True, but in this instance, there's so little Dash could do wrong to screw this up without handicapping herself that it doesn't require much thought. She has that big of an advantage over AJ. To make a comparison, Batman doesn't need to think much at all to defeat you or I; his experience and physical ability would allow him to deal with us effortlessly just by doing what he does naturally. Same with RD; if she's not trying to lose(ala tying her wings up), she'll win.

• Brohoof 1

I was going to stay on my haitus (from this thread specifically and only)... but my curiosity got the best of me, and I had to see what was going on.

Earth ponies ARE the most physically strong.  Period.  Maud jackhammered through a multi-ton boulder in a matter of a few seconds.  Applejack raped that bell into the air with a buck kick; and stopped a truck full of ponies going down hill at a high rate of speed.  Big Mac pulled countless insanely heavy objects, I shouldn't have to even give the instances.  Good heavens, even little Apple Bloom pulled a large cart full of apple pies (which in real life standards probably would weigh 500 to 1000 lbs.  I have more examples of earth pony strength, but I should not have to explain myself on this issue any further.

And as for a previous issue - IDK how I forgot to mention this.  Proof that Applejack is heavier than Rainbow Dash: she lifted Rainbow on the catapult in a see-saw like action.  IF she were the same weight, the thing would have balanced equally.  But it didn't.  See below spoiler, you neigh-sayers:

img-2850450-1-a8cdedd8b9.jpg

AND only part (about half) of her weight is on that!!!!!  So, logic (and, well, physics) says she HAS to weigh almost 50% more than Rainbow Dash.

Bam.  My work here is done for now.

I will be here... waiting.  Come at me  :ph34r:

EDIT: 

P.S.  OMG I'm a parasprite now!!!  ^_^

O my gosh, you are sooo right! Earth ponies = Strongest, Unicorns = Smartest, Pegasus = fastest. Nuff said.

• Brohoof 1

O my gosh, you are sooo right! Earth ponies = Strongest, Unicorns = Smartest, Pegasus = fastest. Nuff said.

Not really. 

Bulk Biceps is certainly stronger than Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy seems to be smarter than Rarity if her rant on sewing is to be believed, and at her usual speed, Fluttershy is slower than AJ

• Brohoof 1

Not really. 

Bulk Biceps is certainly stronger than Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy seems to be smarter than Rarity if her rant on sewing is to be believed, and at her usual speed, Fluttershy is slower than AJ

I am talking in general. Not 3 things that have happened in 109 episodes.