Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Queen Chrysalis return?

Forlong

Also is that actually the glorious queen Chrysalis?

Ya know, upon further thought, it kinda looks more like Nightmare Moon.

Those are Chryssy's eyes and I think her horn (kinda hard to tell at that angle), but that looks more like NMM's coat color, mane and feet...

Then again, the previous Chrysalis doll doesn't look much like her either! :derp:

img-2320310-1-queen_chrysalis_by_nastyla

Queen Chrysalis happens to be my favorite villain, so I think you can guess my answer to the question.  I mean, she was able to curb-stomp Celestia and Twilight.  Yet, because of the nature of her magic, she can be depowered as needed.  Her shape-shifting powers also have a lot of sadistic possibilities.

curb stomp celestial,

thanks for that mental image (LOL) I don't even like celestial and that made me cringe.

Ahem,

i hate to meta game,

but the show is now around for 5 years.

i can't think of a reason that with in 5 years she can't come back at some point or time.

so the only question is how soon should she come back?

I'm not sure,

how fast do you want her back?

Her design is too cool not to be used again, and having her be one of the villains the mane 6 try to reform but ultimately fail at would reaffirm her status as best villain, that some creatures are just evil, and like it. 

The only way she could become anything close to good would be if her and the mane 6 had a common enemy and she became an anti-hero of sorts, which would also be cool. 

P.S. I am extraordinarily disappointed in that official Chrysalis toy.  What a f##king cheap ass cop out! Hasbro! Either go all in or don't go at all. We wanted Chrysalis, not a Nightmare Moon recolor! Not even your target demographic is that stupid. 

Would be cool to see her return. Though maybe there's a good chance she wouldn't if you read the first arc of the FiM Comics. I mean it doesn't rule out another return, 

• 2 months later...

I would like to see that. The changelings have so much potential.

They could like kidnap all the ponies in ponyville except the mane 6 and replace them then adventure galores...

I am working on a self-canon fan fiction for Chrysalis. She is my favorite character in the entire show. I want to keep my hopes up for her, but she has been absent for 2 seasons and I think McCarthy and the staff are no longer going to use her. She never even had an appearance in Equestria Girls, not even a mentioning. So if she doesn't appear in season 5 or Rainbow Rocks, just let IDW use her.

I am working on a self-canon fan fiction for Chrysalis. She is my favorite character in the entire show. I want to keep my hopes up for her, but she has been absent for 2 seasons and I think McCarthy and the staff are no longer going to use her. She never even had an appearance in Equestria Girls, not even a mentioning. So if she doesn't appear in season 5 or Rainbow Rocks, just let IDW use her.

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

When did she say this?

Wait, why am I worried?  This is the same woman who said that Flash Sentry wouldn't be in season 4.

Flash_Sentry_introducing_the_dignitaries

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Chrysalis return, since almost every Brony is "in love" with her practically, lol.

Also, she's one of the few villains who haven't made an epic comeback, and from how popular she is with the community, and Hasbro stating that the fandom does have little influence on what happens in some episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if we did see her sometime in the future. ^^

If they follow the pattern they've established, if she returns if would be in the season 5 opener.

I feel that they are missing an opportunity if they don't use her and the changeling swarm. You have a villain that can sow confusion and distrust amoung Equestria with a long game plan. Something that the IDW storyline lacked.

I think that Queen Chysalis could return, but only in a standard episode, and nothing such as the season premiere.

If she was to appear, I think that she should pose as all of the Mane 6 in an attempt to set them all apart.

Actually, that reminds me of Season 2's "The Return of Harmony"

Yes and no. I clearly don't like how they portrayed Chrysalis and the changelings in the comics. A return could revoke this. Drained ponies should act like Maud Pie, not half dead like these kitties.

• Brohoof 1

:sadface:

Not sure if anything will come of it though. Though there's something about that outfit that say *gulp*... Spoiler . And I really, REALLY don't want that... >_>
Why? Is it really so... bad? Maybe she could be... neutralized as a danger but not reformed. Would that be cool? Or she could be an antagonist.

They should bring Queen Chrysalis back, there is still quite a lot a potential on her, yet to be seen. I was almost sure she was gonna be involved, in some way, with S4 season finale... but the only thing I got was the most generic villian on MLP, so far. Well... there's stil hope... I think.

• Brohoof 1