Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something I noticed in "Filli Vanilli"

Shine

I noticed something in "Filli Vanilli" that I've never seen before and found quite interesting.  

Torch Song, the mare in the Pony Tones with the bejewelled hair was fat, yet her weight wasn't exaggerated or pointed out in any way.  She was just a normal, pretty pony who is a little bit heavier than most ponies.

post-19482-0-15748000-1392788041_thumb.png

The reason I found that interesting is because

1. I don't think I've ever seen a fat pony in MLP before

2. In cartoons, fat characters are usually either old or have their fat exaggerated in a way that makes little girls dislike them

3. This particular pony was actually attractive (and not just because of her sparkly hair) in a way that little girls could actually like her and see that there is nothing gross or ugly about fat people.

I liked her.

What do you peeps think?

• Brohoof 18

The first thing I noticed about her was that she was fat. :/

The first thing I noticed was her unusual hair.  It took me a few minutes to go "hey, wait a minute...  that pony's fat!"  lawl

• Brohoof 2

Where is this alleged fat pony? I see a pony with bejeweled hair who has a different shape from the others there, but then I see many ponies in the series with their own shapes. Where's the fat?

Where is this alleged fat pony? I see a pony with bejeweled hair who has a different shape from the others there, but then I see many ponies in the series with their own shapes. Where's the fat?

OKay, she's not like really obese or anything, but she is noticeably thicker and rounder than most other ponies.

Never noticed it. This is because:

A) not much differance

B ) it's not the only pony with this build (mrs cake) so I thought it was just like endomorphs, mesomorphs and ectomorphs for humans (google it if you don't know what it is), but for ponies instead

C) she isn't that fat

Edited by Herobrony72
  • Brohoof 1

Mrs. Cake is fat too. It's nice to see another bigger mare though.

Ah yeah, I had forgotten about her.  I guess it's because what I notice most about Mrs. Cake is her sad-looking, watery eyes.  Plus, she's married and has kids, so at least we can put her body type into a context that makes sense.  (not saying that Torch Song's doesn't or that there's no reason for her to be heavy or whatever)

The first thing I noticed was her unusual hair.  It took me a few minutes to go "hey, wait a minute...  that pony's fat!"  lawl

I noticed bothe at the same time, the last thing I noticed was that she was wearing eye shadows like Rarity  :lol:

I was like oh hey, they're pink XD

Ah yeah, I had forgotten about her.  I guess it's because what I notice most about Mrs. Cake is her sad-looking, watery eyes.  Plus, she's married and has kids, so at least we can put her body type into a context that makes sense.  (not saying that Torch Song's doesn't or that there's no reason for her to be heavy or whatever)

I always thought it was because she ate too much cake, lol.

• Brohoof 1

Never noticed it. This is because:

A) not much differance

B ) it's not the only pony with this build (mrs cake) so I thought it was just like endomorphs, mesomorphs and ectomorphs for humans (google it if you don't know what it is), but for ponies instead

C) she isn't that fat

I had forgotten about Mrs. Cake when I made this observation.

Also, I know she isn't very fat, which is why I said that her fat isn't exaggerated.   She's just slightly thicker than other ponies, and I think it's good that they aren't making all the ponies the same body type.  I realize there is a variety of body types in the show, but if you're really analytical about it, you'll realize that there is more variation in stallion bodies than in mare bodies, and that's a little odd to me.  dunno why.  *shrug*

I always thought it was because she ate too much cake, lol.

xD  Nice one

I always thought that Pinkie Pie should be a little fatter, since she lives in a cake shop.

I never noticed until now. Weight just isn't one of the first things that I notice about people, or ponies in this case, unless they are clearly overweight or underweight. She looks rather normal IMO. Maybe not naturally fit like AJ would be, or watching her girly figure like Rarity, but she is probably more just your typical slightly overweight type that has A cake now and then rather than several just with your morning tea like Celestia or Pinkie.  :muffins:

Pinkie is also an extremely active pony though. (idk, best excuse to why she isn't chubby I can come up with)

This is true.

I never noticed until now. Weight just isn't one of the first things that I notice about people, or ponies in this case, unless they are clearly overweight or underweight. She looks rather normal IMO. Maybe not naturally fit like AJ would be, or watching her girly figure like Rarity, but she is probably more just your typical slightly overweight type that has A cake now and then rather than several just with your morning tea like Celestia or Pinkie.  :muffins:

She has basically the same body-type as me, just in pony form.  I eat too much junk food and hardly ever work out.  >__<

there is more variation in stallion bodies than in mare bodies

Mares are the majority of characters. Too much work to make a ton of variations. :lol:

And Pinkie lives in a cake shop but she also, often literally, bounces everywhere...And sometimes sings while doing so.

I kinda wonder if she has someone do it for her.

She's not a unicorn. Either that, or that girl has some dexterous hooves. XD

Maybe Rarity wanted to lend a hoof to help her with that. :P

• Brohoof 1