Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Boy/Girl/Localized Scouts Thread

Treble Bolt

So, with the Girls Scouts Cookie fundraiser underway and everyone debating what cookies are the best, I got to thinking that there should be a thread where we can all talk about our scouting experiences. I know there are the Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts, but I am pretty sure there are equivalents to these all over the world. So what better way to compare and contrast all these lifeskill building programs by talking about it!

I was a Girl Scout. I was only one for 1 and half years, when I was 11-12 years old. I was a Junior Scout. I remember loving it so much, and in the place where I lived, I was the only Junior scout in my district (yey rural communities) so my foster mom was my troop leader (she was also the Brownie and Cadet Leaders for the district). I ended up earning EVERY single badge in the Junior Girl Scout handbook. I remember going to multiple camps at the Wisconsin Girl Scout camp, Camp Sacajawea.  I especially enjoyed the horse camps, and I remember having to care for and ride this old horse named Thomas (very sweet old horse). In our trail rides, we always had to follow one another single file, and there was this girl behind me who had this horse the farted all the time on our trail rides. Other than my horse care badge unit and wilderness unit (getting all the badges at once that had similarities), I don't remember much else in the way of badge getting.

Since it's cookie time, I must brag just a little bit. The year that I sold cookies, I sold over 4000 boxes, and ended up getting a massive white teddy bear (the theme was "Dream Big" that year), a t-shirt, some patches, and national recognition as a top cookie seller for that year. I had no competition so it was fairly easy.  I still have that teddy bear, and it reminds me of some of the best direction and drive I had through some of my toughest years in foster care. It was a fun experience overall, and looking back, I must have been quite the dorky geek, but who cares what other people think? :lol:

Were you a boy/girl scout?

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I'd talk about it if I was one, and I wasn't one since we don't have that in my country. The only place here where you get badges is the military, which is where I will go ;)

Edited by Serbon

• 1 month later...

Hello everyon- oops everypony,

I just wanted to ask if they're any Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, or Venturer Scouts who are bronies. I am a Boy Scout who is Life rank and very close to Eagle rank I just have to get a couple more merit badges and my project. So, I just wanted to see if I'm not alone. 

I was never officially a Scout, because I'm an atheist. But, I did accompany a blind friend on a Scout campout in high school. He needed some help, and his parents asked me to tag along.

I've read the handbook and some merit badge books, though. There is some pretty cool info in them!

Both my younger brothers are Boy Scouts, (one just made Eagle, and the other is on his way).  For me, I didn't have the time for it, yet tbh, it was my stupidity and laziness that prevented me from joining. 

• Brohoof 1

Haha, yup, I started as a Tiger what seems like forever ago and I left Troop 57 as an Eagle three years ago.  Once I'm out of college, I hope to return to the troop as an assistant scoutmaster.

Hells yeah! I basically have Eagle (my board is in a few weeks). I am in the US of course.

Good luck!

• Brohoof 1