Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DigiBrony wanting to die out of the Fandom

notten1

He's basically said he used the fandom for YouTube fame in numerous podcasts. The only reason he got popular in the first place was because he uploaded MLP related videos right after the first Hasbro content ID scanning, ie if you typed in'My Little Pony episode' into YouTube he would come up and not an episode. I'm sure he knows this because he's talked about Hasbro content id many times.

Well I'm glad im not the only one who thought that.... He went down in my book more

It is regrettable and sad, but like Paleo before him, I can't hold it against him. Digi is a good guy and I would gladly count myself as a fan of his. If he feels that now is the time for him to step out of the limelight, I would trust his judgment.

Digi Brony is a case study of what I feel about most people the analyze MLP on youtube. Most are full of themselves while taking the show too seriously. Also most of the time I feel like they are looking between the lines when there is nothing there to find. Kinda like the South Park episode when Butters becomes an author.

Well I'm glad im not the only one who thought that.... He went down in my book more

Because utilizing your core audience to help promote yourself on YouTube as a content creator and accelerate your career is apparently a bad thing?

Something's a little iffy about that logic. That's like saying an author of a work is bad person for promoting new works they've made because they're using their reputation from previous works they've done to get fans to be interested.

Digi just did what any content creator would do when wanting to expand their career and audience.

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...

She's a girl and she her current channel is called Ygg Studio. (Formerly named Digibro and before that, Digibrony.)

On 2014-03-04 at 4:55 PM, Treble Bolt said:

He's not leaving the fandom, just read his tumblr.  He's just changing how he is to present himself and his views upon aspects of the show and fandom as whole, as well as focus on other mediums that he is a fan of.

We have to remember his reviews, and ALL reviews of any media in and fandom, is subjective.  Everyone presents their own take on the same piece of media to which we, as viewers, can either disagree, agree, or see it as a simple piece of entertainment that may or may not have influence on how we see said media as a whole. 

He hasn't lost touch, he just has had a change of personal perspective. We will all go through that. In fact, even within this fandom, our perspective on FIM will change with time.  It's a part of maturing and growing as a person. We will all continue to change and grow our personal worldviews, knowledge, and opinions throughout our lives. DigiBrony is just one of the bigger names in the fandom where this change is evidently shown through the media he presents to the fanbase that follows him, and it's not just with his MLP reviews.

We shouldn't judge nor criticize him because he is taking a different path with this part of his life.

We can all agree no one is a fan of change (just look at what has happened to the medium that we fans of), but we have a choice of either accepting the change and taking it in strides, or shooting it down in a way that makes life harder for us to enjoy. A lot of things that humans are afraid of for change in their daily lives will not end the world, so why should so many treat it as such?

In other words, let Digi do his thing....

Maybe, but it's hard.