Kodiak

I think that some of the best ones would be the return of harmony part 1 and part 2, twilight,s kingdom part one and two and a Canterlot wedding part 1 and 2 :yay:  ;)

Remember to introduce him/her calmly not :angry: .

I hope it goes well!! B) 

:)

(edited)

It really depends on what your friend likes. I hooked a friend by showing him Cider Season because I knew he would love the Flim Flam Brothers' song, but I would never use that to tempt my other friend who hates musicals. And yeah, don't try to force it.

Edited by Princess Lona

@@RainbowDashCool, Hiya! It turns out we already had a similar thread for discussing the best episodes to introduce people to the series, so I have merged your thread with the older one. Just letting you know. :)

I always thought that Fall Weather Friends was the perfect episode to introduce someone to the series. It proves that the show can be far from what constitutes as "girly" when it wants to be. You've got the two toughest and most athletic ponies going head to head in a series of competitions to see who's more talented, and the episode is rife with great humor that almost anyone could enjoy.

• Brohoof 1

I tried episode 1 with a friend of mine. She said it was SUPER cheesy at the end (which I guess it kinda was) and almost gave up on the series entirely. I would recommend something like Fall Weather Friends or Swarm of the Century.

Personally, I would show them the season 4 opener or finale.

However, Dr. Wolf made a video in YouTube discussing this same question and he gives his outlook on it.

Personally, I would show them the season 4 opener or finale.

However, Dr. Wolf made a video in YouTube discussing this same question and he gives his outlook on it.

Could you give me a link to that video? 

Lesson Zero is my favored one due to its satirical style, good writing, and introduction to the Friendship Lesson format of the series.

I would actually recommend Suited for Success if the person has creative hobbies/works in creative field, though. It's very mature in its outlook and the sheer effort and honesty will surely shine through.

(edited)

Best Night Ever.  Besides being epic and funny, an episode about six ponies going to a ball to accomplish such goals as spend time with the princess and fall in love with the prince will sound very girly to those who think FIM is just girly froo-frooey fluff but the way its executed will help overcome the stigma - and I think most outsiders do need something that smashes down that stigma before they can get into the show.

Edited by Breakfast
  • Brohoof 1

I have a quick question to ask you all, After the long-winded story.

Anyway, My friend (More like my brother), said that he would watch an episode of MLP:FiM, if I played and finished Torchlight 2, a popular video game. I accepted this challenge and I am currently on part 2 of the game.

My question to you all today is, What episode of MLP:FiM should I show him?

He is a pretty macho guy, and never liked the pink-ness (Not a word.) of MLP. He is a internet junkie, and avid video gamer. I still have no idea of what episode.

If anyone has an Idea of what episode I should show him, I would be eternally grateful. 

Note: If there is any way of aquiring the episode, again I would be grateful.

-Wunderwaffen

Twilight's Kingdom for bad assery and if he has a hour or Party Of One/Lesson Zero for insanity and if he only has 22min.

Oh no no no no. I mean, Magical Mystery Cure would be bad enough as an introduction, but...

1. Spoils alicorn Twilight.

2. Spoils entire Rainbow Power arc.

3. Spoils Spike saving the Crystal Empire.

4. Spoils Discord being reformed. 

5. Spoils random Cerberus in It's About Time.

6. The fact that Twilight's home is destroyed is supposed to be shocking.

7. Kind of spoils Castle Mane-ia with them casually offering to visit the Castle of the Two Sisters.

• Brohoof 2