Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you change about the Fandom?

TrunksXV

• Hetero Shipping

Pony Analysts

Clop

Reaction Videos

The rampant homophobia, transphobia, sexism, fat-shaming, and god forbid the attitude towards artwork where ponies are drawn as anything other than thin, white, and large breasted

Bronies who claim "is this still a show for little girls???!!!" after a "cool" episode airs, yes it still is a little girls show, little girls shows can be good

The weird victim complex this fandom has, no the brony fandom isn't perfect, in fact it's one of the worst I've seen

Although this by no means applies to the WHOLE fandom, there are two things that have been on my mind recently...

- casually using "autistic", "sperg" and similar as insults. Idk if this happens more because bronies started on 4chan or whatever, but I've just had to leave an FB brony group of otherwise reasonable people because they said this all the time and seemed to think it was hilarious and anyone objecting was just a sensitive snowflake or ~SJW~. What I don't get is a lot of people using it are autistic themselves, but...yeah, it really sucks to see something I and many other people struggle with made into a punchline like that. (Also people who still use "gay" as insult but that's thankfully less common, whereas ~lol autism~ is still everywhere).

- drama over OCs. I don't care about other people's OCs at all - awesome that people are having fun with them, but I'm personally here for the canon characters. but I get so angry when I see certain fans acting like The OC Police and attacking/bullying people because they dared to make their OC an alicorn/shipped with a canon character/red and black colour scheme(??). It's like...dude, who cares? People can do whatever they want with their OCs, they shouldn't have to conform to some sort of imaginary rules the fandom decides is acceptable - it's not like it affects the actual show in any way. I just think everyone should be allowed to have fun however they want to as long as they're not actually hurting anyone, and no one is forcing you to look at their OCs. If people actually ask for feedback/criticism that's one thing, but there's just so much ridiculous OTT bashing because someone...created their own character for fun the way THEY wanted to without thinking of what the fandom police might think?? It's just so depressing to see.

...so yeah, if we could just get rid of those two things the fandom/world would be a much nicer place, I think :please:

• Brohoof 3

In no certain order but the first ones in bold are the MOST important in order.

-Have people AKNOWLEDGE and know what a BLOODY "Pegasister" or "Girl/Female-Brony" Is and know that the full whole fandom isn't only male-based. Also allow girls to call themselves "Bronies" as well as males. Have you ever heard of something like My Little Filly or My Little Pegasister? Nope. Just brony-based. I'm not bashing on other bronies. I'm just sick and tired of rapid haters think only guys like it.

-I'm also going to say the same thing as

Coco Before Pommel said

and that is to stop people from using stuff like "autistic" or mental disorders and such. Being a brony or apart of ANY fandom doesn't make you mentally ill. That's the same thing as saying a fan of Pokemon has bipolar disorder. Shows don't make you mentally ill. Same for other slurs or homosexal gay or even lesibean insults for Pegasisters. There's a lot of heterosexuals and other sexualities of certain fans in the fandom.

-I'm kind of using the same one as

RadioSilence

and that is to make people STOP using the show as a symbol for LGBT. It's just a TV show with no LGBT related things in any of it's episodes. You can be a homosexual and I respect homos. But please don't use the show for LGBT pride. It shows nothing for LGBT and just because of Rainbow Dash or that it has rainbows in it doesn't mean anything and there's no solid order Rainbow Dash is into other mares nor does she seem to care for stallions either. It also just gives the show a bad name.

-Outlaw ALL shipping and character wars.

-Let people ship any ship; whether F/F, M/M, or simply even heterosexual.

-Only shippings that can be outlawed: Incest, foalcon/pedo ships, most crack-ships unless they make a lick of sense, or simply shippings that make no sense (example: Twilight Sparkle X Thomas the train. It's a real ship.) or any crossover ship in general unless it makes sense. Other similar ships as well.

-Allow all to like any pony they want.

-Remove all inapporiate bronies and make the worst bronies and pegasisters never even hear of the show until they're mature enough.

-Make people realize the Pony Creator isn't a good program to use because the creator makes every single OC look the same which makes it hard to make unique characters.

EDIT: I'm quoting myself for this from a reply I replied to so I'm not misunderstood.

I'm not bashing on the Pony Creator. It's fun and I sometimes use it for fun myself whenever I feel bored or feel like it. I just want people to learn to try other things and maybe just use a different character generator or a base. I'm aware some don't have art rograms or anything and I WAS going to add that and was going to edit that in before people would comment me the same thing you just replied to me.

Eh, too late. I was only saying I don't want all OCs to look the same. Almost everyone using it makes their OC look like the same as other generater OCs. Every OC looks like the same pony but with different colors, species, and such. not ALL. But most. Espically the more popular mane styles and such.

Almost everyone's characters look like they're exact copies made from cardboard.

I want some OCs to look different and seem unique to the OC reator. It should look unique to you.

Also, people use them for adoptables when the creator said no about that. Why adopt a pony creator pony when you can use the creator yourself and make it look the same as the adoptable or different and how they look the same as other characetrs as I keep repeating.

Not everyone is the same, after all.

This could explain for itself. I know some background ponies are similar and follow the same rule but they have more diversity than most OCs used with Pony Creator.

-Remove ALL bad potrayals and certain fanon personalites for all characters (example: Remove Trollestia, Molestia, and Tyrantlestia FOREVER)

-Make Princess Luna less overrated. I like Princess Luna as much as the next guy and I'm not saying to make her the least popular. She can still be the most popular and I'd have no power over which characters are popular and which aren't but simply make her less overrated.

-In fact, MAKE BOTH THE SOLAR EMPIRE AND LUNAR REPUBLICS *NEVER* EXIST They're both stupid and unnessuary. Princess Luna is so bloody overrated that she wins anyways and they're both sisters so why would they rebel against each other BESIDES the whole Nightmare Moon thing. Celestia had no choice and Luna was already Nightmare Moon to talk to her out of her insanity.

-To add on, stop all the wailing bronies and pegasisters who go like "WOONA! WOONA!" or "CELESTIA COULD HAVE TALKED TO HER". She DID. But Luna was already too caught up in her Nightmare Moon stage to listen nor care about every pony. Every pony could have died from no natural sunlight to grow their food or whatever. So make them aknowledge how much the other ponies would have suffered from her enternal night.

-Make clop a not common nor serious thing in the fandom or make cloppers keep their clop to themselves. I'm okay with cloppers and I respect any cloppers but seriously please just stop making rapid haters think the fandom is gross.

-Same as clop with gore. I like creepy stuff like Creepypasta and dark humor sometimes and grimdark stuff but please don't make any little kids scared for life.

I joined the fandom when I was 11 and I personally wasn't scared by any grimdark stuff in it like Cupcakes but that doesn't mean any little kids won't be scared themselves.

-Remove all "A true fan" stuff. Seriously? The only true fan are people who are actually fans and aren't trolls secretly.

-Give the fandom a better motto than the old "Love and Tolerance" motto that we never stayed loyal to.

-Make parents not worry about the bloody fandom. I've seen a mom not allow her daughter to watch the show and she never said why. Seriously? I. Just. Can't. I just can't take her seriously as a parent. Besides, unlike with me when I was 11 who was ok with it and adjusted to it quickly, it's kind of unlikely your daughter will find out about the fandom.

There's WAY more I'd add but this is all I'll say for now but I might edit this later when I think of something new.

Sorry if I offened anyone! Not to be rude or anything!

(By the way, this is just a question, but why does everyone want to remove Hetero shipping? I seriously see no problem with it.)

Edited by InspireLavender
  • Brohoof 4

As much as I want to say getting rid of all of the masculinizing nonsense like having to have a fandom title with "bro" in it, claiming that the show is "no longer for girls"/"now gender-neutral" (you know, instead of actually accepting they like something made for girls), there is one thing that must take priority in being changed... And that's that the dark (violent) and/or dirty (sexual) artwork/stories/videos/etc. need to be heavily tagged and placed in ways where it wouldn't ever potentially show up in any way when a child is searching for their favorite MLP character.

I have plenty of qualms with this fandom, but that one takes the cake. I don't care about the "But, but, but all fandoms are like this". No "buts" - there's no defending it. Adults/Young adults *should* be held accountable for misbehaving when they're in a fandom for a show for children.

• Brohoof 3

Don't think it's really my place to change anything about the fandom, everyone has their own reasons for liking it I suppose. But I would like to see less of the kind of things that just reflect badly on the fandom as a whole, I know haters will nitpick at everything and are impossible to please, but making stuff like a pony sex toy or anything that just makes us seem like a bunch of creeps like that just doesn't help anything.. post-30925-0-87711100-1428787026.png

• Brohoof 2

Although this by no means applies to the WHOLE fandom, there are two things that have been on my mind recently...

- casually using "autistic", "sperg" and similar as insults. Idk if this happens more because bronies started on 4chan or whatever, but I've just had to leave an FB brony group of otherwise reasonable people because they said this all the time and seemed to think it was hilarious and anyone objecting was just a sensitive snowflake or ~SJW~. What I don't get is a lot of people using it are autistic themselves, but...yeah, it really sucks to see something I and many other people struggle with made into a punchline like that. (Also people who still use "gay" as insult but that's thankfully less common, whereas ~lol autism~ is still everywhere).

- drama over OCs. I don't care about other people's OCs at all - awesome that people are having fun with them, but I'm personally here for the canon characters. but I get so angry when I see certain fans acting like The OC Police and attacking/bullying people because they dared to make their OC an alicorn/shipped with a canon character/red and black colour scheme(??). It's like...dude, who cares? People can do whatever they want with their OCs, they shouldn't have to conform to some sort of imaginary rules the fandom decides is acceptable - it's not like it affects the actual show in any way. I just think everyone should be allowed to have fun however they want to as long as they're not actually hurting anyone, and no one is forcing you to look at their OCs. If people actually ask for feedback/criticism that's one thing, but there's just so much ridiculous OTT bashing because someone...created their own character for fun the way THEY wanted to without thinking of what the fandom police might think?? It's just so depressing to see.

...so yeah, if we could just get rid of those two things the fandom/world would be a much nicer place, I think :please:

I agree with you 100%! And it would definitely make it a nicer place

• Brohoof 2

-Make people realize the Pony Creator isn't a good program to use because the creator makes every single OC look the same which makes it hard to make unique characters.

On the contrary, I'd really like people to quit being so elitist about this. The Pony Creator is just for fun. It's merely a tool for those of us who either just aren't that talented at drawing, or don't have the resources and/or time to actually learn how to draw that well to bring our OC's to life.

• Brohoof 2

On the contrary, I'd really like people to quit being so elitist about this. The Pony Creator is just for fun. It's merely a tool for those of us who either just aren't that talented at drawing, or don't have the resources and/or time to actually learn how to draw that well to bring our OC's to life.

On the contrary myself,

I'm not bashing on the Pony Creator. It's fun and I sometimes use it for fun myself whenever I feel bored or feel like it. I just want people to learn to try other things and maybe just use a different character generator or a base. I'm aware some don't have art rograms or anything and I WAS going to add that and was going to edit that in before people would comment me the same thing you just replied to me.

Eh, too late. I was only saying I don't want all OCs to look the same. Almost everyone using it makes their OC look like the same as other generater OCs. Every OC looks like the same pony but with different colors, species, and such. not ALL. But most. Espically the more popular mane styles and such.

Almost everyone's characters look like they're exact copies made from cardboard.

I want some OCs to look different and seem unique to the OC reator. It should look unique to you.

Also, people use them for adoptables when the creator said no about that. Why adopt a pony creator pony when you can use the creator yourself and make it look the same as the adoptable or different and how they look the same as other characetrs as I keep repeating.

• Brohoof 2

~Snip~

I agree. But at the same time, if you look at MLP itself, the characters in the background follow the same basis anyways XD. If I could find another creator, I would use it, or if I was a better artist too.

• Brohoof 1

"Clop?" Is that a meaning for something?

Clop is when a brony (or pegasister) has sexual attraction to a character in MLP:FIM or another name for sexual fanart of certain MLP characters. It's one reason the fandom gets a lot of hate and gives the impression that some fans are pretty gross or disgusting.

I learned about it when I was 11 when I first joined the fandom and I was creeped out but I respect some cloppers.

I agree. But at the same time, if you look at MLP itself, the characters in the background follow the same basis anyways XD. If I could find another creator, I would use it, or if I was a better artist too.

True, but at the same time, the characters in the background have some diversity in them unlike most pony creator OCs with no diversity.

• Brohoof 1

Clop is when a brony (or pegasister) has sexual attraction to a character in MLP:FIM or another name for sexual fanart of certain MLP characters. It's one reason the fandom gets a lot of hate and gives the impression that some fans are pretty gross or disgusting.

I learned about it when I was 11 when I first joined the fandom and I was creeped out but I respect some cloppers.

Well now I'm sorry for asking, but thanks for answering. XD

• Brohoof 1

If I were to change the fandom,

-I would make it so that a lot more people gave constructive criticism to fanworks, and rightfully dislike any fanworks they think are not good.  Don't be afraid to criticize a work if you don't think it's good, just don't be mean about it and don't use Youtube comments to do it.

-Have people ACTUALLY be somewhat tolerant, seriously is it really that bad if someone doesn't like Friendship is Witchcraft, The Living Tombstone, or JHaler?

-Make people lower their expectations, remember this is a kids show, it's not going to have an exceptional story or writing

-Remove the notion of a "true brony", this is subjective and there is no way to be a "true brony"

-Remove the term clop from Google Search indexes

-Remove the terms "best" and "worst" from everyone's vocabulary

-Advise everyone to not conduct any interviews with American media

-Give more recognition to Youtube channels that upload at least somewhat original content, not just reuploading something posted on Hasbro Stuido Shorts

-Forbid everyone from using the Youtube Comments system

-This

Maybe its name, I don't like the "brony" fandom, I'd prefer the "MLP:FiM" fandom for example.

-To a degree, lessen the importance of fanworks

-Get rid of the concepts of the "Solar Empire" and the "New Lunar Republic", mainly because some people actually take this way too seriously.

-Have everyone continuously working on self-improvement

Edited by VictiniStar101
  • Brohoof 2

On the contrary myself,

Well, I quite like mine! And I've gotten many compliments over the years. Not sure I would have even been able to come up with it if I hadn't had the Pony Creator to play around with... Well, most certainly not since I can't draw.

What other generators are you speaking of, by the way? None of the ones I've seen have the variety that the Pony Creator does... I could just be missing some, but if that's really the case then you're bound to have even more of the same with others. =/

Comments like "I just want people to learn to try other things" just.. don't help your cause. Talent, time, resources... Not everyone has them. I seriously could not construct anything worthwhile with a base. I've tried, honestly. Trying only makes me feel worse about it and myself because it's not my forte. It just doesn't work out for me.

Edited by Envy

We should get rid of the cutie marks and become all equal.

I think some people should seriously stop treating the fandom like a religion.

• Brohoof 6

Shipping. I dont like it and I dont see a meaning to it. These are just happy ponies doing their thing and i dont see why we have to drag relation ships in to it, To me it kind of ruins the innocense :mellow:

I dont have anything against people who ship though, Just dont drag me into it.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I quite like mine! And I've gotten many compliments over the years. Not sure I would have even been able to come up with it if I hadn't had the Pony Creator to play around with... Well, most certainly not since I can't draw.

What other generators are you speaking of, by the way? None of the ones I've seen have the variety that the Pony Creator does... I could just be missing some, but if that's really the case then you're bound to have even more of the same with others. =/

Comments like "I just want people to learn to try other things" just.. don't help your cause. Talent, time, resources... Not everyone has them. I seriously could not construct anything worthwhile with a base. I've tried, honestly. Trying only makes me feel worse about it and myself because it's not my forte. It just doesn't work out for me.

True. I actually quite like yours to be honest and yours looks different from others I've seen.

There are many I've found and they're not that great to be honest but you can at least give them a try.

As for that comment, I wasn't pointing towards everyone who uses it.

You'll never become better if you don't practice. Perfection takes practice and practice takes time. And you need a lot of patient to do so. Besides, instead of computer programs, you can just use paper and pencil.

You don't NEED any expensive art programs to learn to draw. In fact, most frown upon paper and pencil drawings but those are great to start with. Of course you don't have to learn to draw in MLP style. I'm not forcing you to learn or anyone to.

Also, as for that comment, I was being rushed by my little sister so I didn't put any thought into it as my sister wanted me to randomly play some games or else I'd be in trouble. Now I see and agree what you said that not everyone has talent, time, rescorces, and such but everyone has a talent deep inside. Just not everyone has a talent of drawing.

When I said I want people to learn to try other things, I meant I want people to at least try maybe one or two times. Maybe even only once. I don't want them to never learn to draw. If you don't try at least once, you'll never be able to learn.

If their whole DeviantART gallery, for example, is only full of pony creator screenshots of their characters, and they never give drawing a chance, they'll never learn.

If you mess up the first time, that's ok. Nobody is born a artist. You shouldn't expect your first attempt to be perfect or anywhere near perfection. I'm not forcing you or anyone to learn, I'm just saying that people should at least try once. 

I know you said trying makes you feel worse about it and yourself. But remember that nobody is born a artist.

Nobody is born perfect. Don't expect to be better after just 3 or a few more tries. For some, it may take weeks or longer.

If you let your self-esteem get in the way, you'll never get better and make yourself feel better about yourself.

It should make you feel better that you put effort into it.

Feel good that you try and that you're willing to do a attempt. You might be on the path of being a better artist.

Same can appeal to anyone else who doubt their skills.

Also, I feel this whole conversation is off-topic of the discussion.

• Brohoof 1

The "..." gives me the impression you think I'm stupid. :( I'm just trying to say that you should at least try once and put effort into it. :(

(Sorry, I'm sometimes senstive over small stuff, similar towards your problem with drawing...)

Sorry, I most certainly did not mean it in that way. I was literally just meaning to quote something you specifically said.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, I most certainly did not mean it in that way. I was literally just meaning to quote something you specifically said.

Alrighty. Did you at least read all the other stuff I typed? I wouldn't spent like a hour typing all willy-nilly like that just for someone to read it.

Also, I feel our replies are off-topic of this thread. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Here's a kicker.

Outlaw people who want to change things.*

The fandom is fine the way it is.*

I know it ain't like me to be negative, but... I really get sick of people complaining about something in the fandom.  It is what it is.  If there's something you don't like, ignore it.  This is not your fandom (the general "you", not referring to anyone specifically).  This is our fandom, collectively.  We as individuals will do whatever we want with it, and that's how everything in the world works!  It's free will.  You don't like clop?  Don't look at it.  You don't like the term "brony"?  Call yourself something else.  You don't like shipping?  Don't ship.  You don't like red and black alicorn OCs?  LOL, neither do I, but you don't see me telling people to stop making them!

It's time that y'all learn to how to respect what other people like.  

Now, don't take me for a hypocrite for me calling out people who want to change things.  I respect your opinions.  But rather than complaining, maybe try to keep things to a civil level, and learn to voice your opinions in a way that doesn't start conflicts.  

Ever heard of "don't hate the player, hate the game"?

Well, I don't hate either.  I love all of you, and the fandom.  If you hate something in the fandom, you're going against the foundation that makes us what we are.  This is about friendship.  It's about coming together as a community, and showing others that we are loving people who care about each other.  If anything, that is one step towards making the world a better place.  A group of people who are supposed to care about each other can't make the world a better place if they are fighting amongst each other!  Learn the true meaning of digression: agreeing to disagree.  It prevents conflict by allowing multiple persons to respect each others differing opinions.  Even the "Debate Pit" here isn't meant for meaningless conflict - it's meant for solving a predisposed issue through careful logical argument, and serves as a function to find the means necessary to come to an end.  That being said, however, there probably are a few topics in the pit that really don't serve to find a conclusion that we can all agree on, but are just for fun.  There's nothing wrong with that so long as all persons involved know that it is meant to serve as a place for you to argue your opinion in a respectful manner, despite never leading to a single conclusion.  

Tolerance.

Be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it.

~ Miles

img-3660047-1-a60f9a04a0.jpg

*This is not meant to be taken literally.  It's rhetorical.  I'm not implying the fandom can't or shouldn't change at all; normal progression (and betterment) is good.  When I say "The fandom is fine the way it is," I am referring to people complaining about issues that are non-issues, such as the ones I mentioned in my post.  The fandom is huge.  So what I'm saying is: dividing yourselves up such that you initialize conflict... is a battle nobody can or ever will win.

• Brohoof 5