Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you change about the Fandom?

TrunksXV

Here is an interesting question. If you could change something about the fandom what would it be?

For me, less whiners, and Hasbro doing more for the adult fans. 

What are yours? 

• Brohoof 1

For me, more pride! 

It would be great if people took the title of brony with gusto! Not the obnoxious kind, but just the almost patriotic feeling of being a part of such a great community and idealogical group!

• Brohoof 6

I would want the obnoxious part of the fandom to change how they view the show and the way they introduce the show to others without shoving it down people's throats. A new step for change.

• Brohoof 7

For me, more pride! 

It would be great if people took the title of brony with gusto! Not the obnoxious kind, but just the almost patriotic feeling of being a part of such a great community and idealogical group!

Same! But with society people being well...society people with stereotypes  it's kinda hard to. 

@@Noire Panzer,

Hey? I can dream can't I? This is a "what if" thread after all. 

Of course you can dream. Didn't say you couldn't. Though I would like to say I wonder what the fandom would be like then. Interesting thought when you think about it.

Edited by Noire Panzer
  • Brohoof 1

@@Noire Panzer,

Ideally, we'd all be living on a crowd funded artificial island actually named Equestria. Governed by a rotating membership council of the most influential and charismatic bronies. (Final Draft, Saberspark, Mic the Microphone, etc.) Jumbo screens would play PMVs and episodes all day! All the important spots would be built in honor of the characters. Iron Will's Gym, Twilight's library, Gilda's stingy dive bar, etc. Bronies would flock from all corners of the Earth, and we would gather, diverse but unified, fueled by idealistic passion. Free to live, love, work, and create!

By Celestia . . . . it would be glorious!

• Brohoof 1

1. The overreacting that we fans do over anything "controversial" that happens with the show. So many examples to choose from, i'm pretty sure we all remember: The Derpy Fiasco of Season 2, Reveal of Princess Twilight, Announcement of Equestria Girls, and anytime something in the fandom receives a Cease and Desist order (i.e. Fighting is Magic, and most recently JanAnimations Studios).

Meetups with bronies in real life. I know that this isn't really a change that should be addressed here but after attending 2 meetups last here, I've made a decision to not attend any more in the future. I was left pretty unimpressed after the last meetups. Everyone just seemed so introverted and quirky that I felt like I couldn't relate to any of them  :(

• Brohoof 3

1. The overreacting that we fans do over anything "controversial" that happens with the show. So many examples to choose from, i'm pretty sure we all remember:..
  2. Meetups with bronies in real life... I've made a decision to not attend any more in the future. I was left pretty unimpressed after the last meetups. Everyone just seemed so introverted and quirky that I felt like I couldn't relate to any of them...

1. Remember back in spring 2011, when Lauren Faust stepped down from a main role in FIM, and fans thought it signaled the impending doom of the show? Yeah. So as Sam Phillips once said, "Circle of change, the world around you, same changes. Hold on to the voice inside you..."

2. I have attended varied meetups, each with a different fandom, intent, and location. It has not always easy for me to be social and welcoming. However, I make efforts to reach out to others. I can't change other fans -- I can only change myself.

During Babscon, I will minimize the number of times I yell some inane catchphrase such as "I LOST THE GAME!!" or "ICE COLD WATER, ONLY ONE DOLLAR!!" Besides, the latter phrase is specific to Otakon.

One thing we could really do without are those self-righteous white knights who get easily offended and try to force their views down the throats of people who disagree with their so-called righteousness. While I believe that people should stand up for what they believe in, I also believe in facing the consequences for your actions. That's how we live and learn.

I don't mind it when people pay attention to the principles of love and tolerance or whatever it is they want to call it. What I really don't want to see are people who sacrifice or suppress their authenticity in order to uphold said principles; at least when looking at the surface. See, these people may appear nice but that's all it is; appearance, an act. Once the truth comes out, it's going to leave you pissed off because of how lied to it would make you feel. People do not take kindly to affection and care that's not given in authenticity.

Even worse than the above are those who use the principles of the show to measure themselves against other people as a tool for boosting their ego. Actually, this does fall under what I described just above where the only thing this group lacks is subtlety. 

On a more positive note, I've always wished that more bronies would be interested in learning more about the human condition and have a better understanding of how violence manifests in people, understand how violence can be reduced in communities and what really makes a healthy human being. Diet and exercise alone just isn't going to cut it. It's also caring for the heart, mind and soul and being authentic. It's just too bad that people just aren't interested. Pity.

Here is an interesting question. If you could change something about the fandom what would it be?

For me, less whiners, and Hasbro doing more for the adult fans. 

What are yours? 

I'd probably have less crazy people in this fan base. Though of coarse there's always crazies in every fanbase, but to my knowledge this fan base seems to have a lot more crazies than there should be :).

1. Remember back in spring 2011, when Lauren Faust stepped down from a main role in FIM, and fans thought it signaled the impending doom of the show? Yeah. So as Sam Phillips once said, "Circle of change, the world around you, same changes. Hold on to the voice inside you..."

2. I have attended varied meetups, each with a different fandom, intent, and location. It has not always easy for me to be social and welcoming. However, I make efforts to reach out to others. I can't change other fans -- I can only change myself.

During Babscon, I will minimize the number of times I yell some inane catchphrase such as "I LOST THE GAME!!" or "ICE COLD WATER, ONLY ONE DOLLAR!!" Besides, the latter phrase is specific to Otakon.

I know the "ICE COLD WATER" guy from Bronycon, that would be ok to yell

Here is an interesting question. If you could change something about the fandom what would it be?   For me, less whiners, and Hasbro doing more for the adult fans.    What are yours? 

Nothing not a single thing a came here for what I love and I stay for what it is  :derp:

- Fans to be more reasonable with their expectations for the show

- Fans to act less obnoxious about the show

- Fans to not act so ridiculously over drama

• Brohoof 4

More love and kind <--  This can happen if people open their heart more.

Less R34 stuff. I´ve seen some stuff..cannot get it out of my brain.

• Brohoof 1

- Fans to be more reasonable with their expectations for the show

- Fans to act less obnoxious about the show

- Fans to not act so ridiculously over drama

Pretty much this. Either that, or for the opposite to occur. If we want to be a bad fandom we have to at least try harder, come on people.

• Brohoof 1