Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

1 hour ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

"Pun not intended" and "pun intended" strikes me as pointless phrases. How is the fact that a pun was intended or not supposed to affect the conversation?

It conveys if the person was trying to be funny or not, which depending on the conversation, can affect it greatly.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Brony Number 42 said:

I'm figuring out how to install a fusible disconnect between a transformer and panel at work.

. . . :zipp-wut:

Y'know what, I'm not gonna ask.

• smile 1

6 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Hey, uh general question. Anyone else wonder if Grogar was real?

You mean in G4? Most likely, but obviously it wasn't him in the finale. I wasn't a fan of the plot twist they did; like you took this ancient, legendary villain and turned him into a kitty in a box (i.e., not who you thought he was).

20 hours ago, DubWolf said:

Ohhhh. Maybe beat them at their own game by satiring them; that'll show them just how ridiculous they sound :orly: .

21 hours ago, LetterTwister said:

:ButtercupLaugh: I've tried, but they're resilient! It makes for a fun thought exercise, though. They don't really think past the surface of the things they say, so it's pretty fun deconstructing the implications of what they came up with that day. :P

20 hours ago, DubWolf said:

Hmmmm, that's another interesting dream :huh: . Maybe it has to do about the way you see yourself or just ... your perspective on things?

Hmm.. that could be it! I figured it played off of the anxiety I have about the health of my eyesight, but the real-life source of the anxiety isn't anything that would cause any outward symptoms, least of all heavy bleeding. :mlp_wat: I'll have to think more on it. I could see it being analogous to some character development I was going through at the time!

• smile 1

19 minutes ago, DubWolf said:

You mean in G4? Most likely, but obviously it wasn't him in the finale. I wasn't a fan of the plot twist they did; like you took this ancient, legendary villain and turned him into a kitty in a box (i.e., not who you thought he was).

Yeah, I was upset when he turned out to be Discord in disguise.

It would've been cool however if we had seen Grogar in his true glory.

Or even better, if he did everything alone.

Like, the true first ruler of Equestria, who created all the monsters we know of, coming back to take the throne? Would've been really freaking epic.

53 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Hey, uh general question. Anyone else wonder if Grogar was real?

The bell’s existence is enough proof he was real

21 minutes ago, LetterTwister said:

:ButtercupLaugh: I've tried, but they're resilient! It makes for a fun thought exercise, though. They don't really think past the surface of the things they say, so it's pretty fun deconstructing the implications of what they came up with that day. :P

Hmm.. that could be it! I figured it played off of the anxiety I have about the health of my eyesight, but the real-life source of the anxiety isn't anything that would cause any outward symptoms, least of all heavy bleeding. :mlp_wat: I'll have to think more on it. I could see it being analogous to some character development I was going through at the time!

I see :ooh: . Well nevermind then ^^

Whatever it is, let's hope it's just that :P  .

13 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Yeah, I was upset when he turned out to be Discord in disguise.

It would've been cool however if we had seen Grogar in his true glory.

Or even better, if he did everything alone.

Like, the true first ruler of Equestria, who created all the monsters we know of, coming back to take the throne? Would've been really freaking epic.

Yes indeed. I have to wonder what the story would have looked like then.

I suppose having the evil trio be the main conflict isn't such a bad way to go about it either to avoid complicating the plot... maybe they would've been redeemed or something, or still end up in stone.

(edited)
23 hours ago, DubWolf said:

I'm thinking "why" :wacko: ? Hard homework assignment? Too many debts :ooh: ?

Actually I decided I needed to get my wisdom teeth finally removed (this Saturday) since I kept having dreams about my teeth either falling off or being very jagged and misaligned :sealed:. He's gonna yank em right out like he did my last set of teeth!!

Ironic. I myself have had an awful teeth nightmare in the past. I remember it well, I was brushing my teeth, and I still had braces on at the time. So, in the nightmare, I was brushing my teeth, and then when I finished, the wires holding my braces together, on my top and bottom jaws, snapped off and fell down the drain. I looked in horror, and then, after the wires fell, all of teeth fell out of my mouth and down the drain as well. 

So, I know how you feel.

1 hour ago, DubWolf said:

I see :ooh: . Well nevermind then ^^

Whatever it is, let's hope it's just that :P  .

Yes indeed. I have to wonder what the story would have looked like then.

I suppose having the evil trio be the main conflict isn't such a bad way to go about it either to avoid complicating the plot... maybe they would've been redeemed or something, or still end up in stone.

Actually. This video addresses how the ending of the end should've ended, and it shows off Grogar pretty well.

Plus, it is my new headcanon of why everyone died, and why the G5 people don't have places like Ponyville or Canterlot.

BECAUSE GROGAR F*CKING DESTROYED EVERYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOnwuJDWXdY

This video was made by WhiteShadow.

Sorry, forced credit.

Edited by Lawyer Slip

Every year in April I say I won’t watch the NFL draft in its entirety. There’s too many commercials, too much time between picks. And I only really care about who the Lions draft anyway.

Every year I end up sitting down and watching the entire thing anyway just because it’s new football stuff to watch. And I genuinely find the NFL draft to be more entertaining than a lot of other actual sports games :pip-err:.

• Shocked 1

(edited)

Current thought:

I just remembered how Celestia and Luna worked in FiM, how do the sun and moon work in Gen 5?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 2

I’m noticing so many more bees out this spring compared to the last. Usually it’s just yellowjackets we have buzzing around this time of the year.  Wonder if that’s a good sign for the bee population.

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1