Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria the Pony version of the USA?

Rarity Paige Belle

Yes it is.....funny I was just talking to someone regarding that.  Equestria is basically the America's (excluding Saddle Arabia), :D

Also the cities:

Las Pegasus - Los Angeles

Vanhoover - Vancouver

Manehattan - Manhattan

Fillydelphia - Philadelphia

Seaddle - Seattle

Baltimare - Baltimore

....and there a few others.

BTW, thought this would be easier, :D

hd_map_of_equestria__official___by_austi

Edited by Promethean Alicorn

I think it's only the state names that reference to the states that we have here, excluding any European countries and Saudi Arabia. Other than that, probably. Equestrians aren't hated everywhere else in the world, no evidence of that.

Theres a map of equestria out there that pretty much paints that very picture.

Its not exact, but the placement of the cities, including Vanhoover and the like points to it.

It definitely resembles the US except Equestria is better :P

Yes........much more peaceful and everyone learns how to co-exist and get along with one another.   Shame, when I compare the setting there to reality, its embarrassing.  So much hatred in reality, that i wonder why can't we be like Equestria. :)

• Brohoof 2

Yes........much more peaceful and everyone learns how to co-exist and get along with one another.   Shame, when I compare the setting there to reality, its embarrassing.  So much hatred in reality, that i wonder why can't we be like Equestria. :)

There is no direct proof to any of our religions; only faith. So people try and fight over who is right...

Racism is one

also Sexism

Greed is another cause...

There's not enough incompetent and bloated government for it to be the USA.

Unless you're into that fanon. :lol:

But seriously, Equestria is just a conglomerate of a ton of real world references. Whatever joke they can shoehorn into a pony reference will get added.

• Brohoof 1

The land Equestria is in is most deffentatly based off of North America. Frozen tundra to the north, deserts to the south west, plains in the middle. And then you have the fact that most of their cities are just horse puns on North American cities.

• 3 years later...

The rest of the world is jealous of Equestria, that would be more accurate.

I thought that Rarity would be the most British Frenchmare 

Edited by Rabit2017

On 3/26/2014 at 2:37 PM, Khaoios said:

Yes it is.....funny I was just talking to someone regarding that.  Equestria is basically the America's (excluding Saddle Arabia), :D

Also the cities:

Seaddle - Seattle

....and there a few others.

Was Seaddle ever actually confirmed as a canon city? Cuz I always thought Tall Tale was considered Seattle, especially with how close it is to Vanhoover.

On 3/26/2014 at 10:58 PM, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

Yes, indeed it is.  Map proves it.

Does anypony know if they change the place names in foreign language dubs?

As I know, Serbian dubs only change pronunciation of names.... Even Mini (who changes names of practically everyone xD) doesn't done that...

Not just the US, but the entire world can easily be written, adapted and superimposed into the nigh-utopia of Equestria. The varied delegates who showed up for the Equestria Games, the village of Somnambula, the Daring Do Adventures, the Legends of Magic, the Yaks, and Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala prove that somehow, the show has managed to incorporate the best of Planet Earth into a continent.

Since everyone is getting into the quoting old members game. 

On 3/26/2014 at 6:03 PM, DaReaper said:

Yes omg Equestira is the USA. meme time thanks to Sugar Cube for captioning my idea

post-16202-0-79797500-1395871398_thumb.jpg

DaReaper you are missed. This cracked me up when I originally saw it. 

On 3/26/2014 at 6:04 PM, Rarity Paige Belle said:

Actually I'll think you'll find that Camelot is a mythical place. What is it about geography that you Americans find so hard?

Knowing what I know ... I have to smile a bit at seeing this RPB. :orly:

Ok now that that is over. Yes many of it's towns are modeled after US and Canadian cities via horse puns. I'm apt to say it is supposed to invoke North American sensibilities.