Three Wise Monkeys  

8 users have voted

1. 1. Which would you lose?

• Blindness
    • Deafness
    • Mute

I'm sure you've heard of, or at least seen three monkeys in a similar position:

4123VSErq9L.jpg

I'm not very sure about the meaning behind each (besides the fact that they are missing a physical ability), but which would you rather be if you had to pick?

I'd probably go with being mute; maybe I don't have good things to say out loud. I could write out my thoughts anyways or by some other means (although lets try to assume there are no ways around losing a trait).

I'm sure you've heard of, or at least seen three monkeys in a similar position:

4123VSErq9L.jpg

I'm not very sure about the meaning behind each (besides the fact that they are missing a physical ability), but which would you rather be if you had to pick?

I'd probably go with being mute; maybe I don't have good things to say out loud. I could write out my thoughts anyways or by some other means (although lets try to assume there are no ways around losing a trait).

It's "hear no evil", "see no evil", "speak no evil". In other words be good. I'd rather be the dumb one... wait, that didn't come out right.

• Brohoof 1

Here's the thing: Sight and Hearing are important for getting all you can from life; to deny either is to strip a huuuge portion of life away, as well as your independence.

Being a mute... well, you face communication issues, yeah, but your perception seems to remain unchanged. And, you can still communicate other ways. If nothing else, you can learn to be a content shut in who works from home.  :)  It's not a life I would likely hate, personally. Again, it just seems to make communication more difficult.

And it's ease of communication against never seeing art/reading literature again, or being able to freely converse/hear the voice of people I care about.  :lol:

No contest.

Mute, not being able to talk wouldn't suck as much as not being able to see or hear as there are many other ways to communicate besides speech but you can't really see if you are blind or hear if you are deaf. I would have to learn sign language which I am fully capable of and might have to use vocal software where it says what you type for my youtube videos but so long as people still got the message.

I'm going with mute, not being able to talk wouldn't be a bad thing but actions speak louder than words. As long as you can find other ways to communicate, you won't have to worry as much.