Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silent episode

tripfly

I'm not sure, 22 minutes without any talk or sound can be boring.

I've seen other shows pull it off but even then it wasn't the full 22 minutes just most of it

and I dunno, a life of kinda of episode would work with this motif 

With only music, pretty boring

With sound effects and music but no talking, could be interesting.

Maybe a episode where you have one storyteller to tell the story, and no voices for the characters?

• Brohoof 1

I don't think an episode of MLP could pull it off. It works in some situations to set the mood, and it may be possible to have a short scene without words, but I feel like it would be a challenge to the story and not really compatible with the show's atmosphere.

I definitely would.

If Ren and Stimpy and Kids Next Door could, FIM definitely can.

Have some faith in the music department, fellas.

Edited by Dattebayo

I could imagine Discord casting a spell that makes everypony mute.

Then the Mane Six have to try to nonverbally communicate and figure out a solution. Hilarity would then ensue. Bonus points of Discord was the only one who could talk.

"What was that? Could you try speaking up?"

Edited by Teller
  • Brohoof 3

It would be a great showing for the talents of the animators, composers, and SFX people to have that kind of episode where their work could be put on display without being completely or partly overshadowed by the writers and the VAs, but I doubt that it can be done in 22 minutes. It would be best left for a short no longer than 7 minutes.

"Music to My Ears" was a great example of what this crew can do if given such a situation.

No sound? Eh, maybe. I think it'd be far cooler to have an episode with minimal to no talking, but focus on the sound effects and maybe some music. Shows like Samurai Jack did that all the time, and they pulled it off masterfully. It may be a bit more difficult to find an episode plot where it would not only work, but exceptionally blow people away, but DHX's staff have always been creative.

Didm't you see how many people were Complaining that Sombra wasn't a massive ham galore?

I don't think it was about him not talking.

It was about him having no personality. Just "grr" and "evulz".

If they did a completely silent episode, it would have the characters we already are familiar with. And silent expressions and body language can get across a lot of emotions and thoughts.