Will Equestria girls replace FiM?

Rarity Paige Belle

The Equestria Girls line has been a success, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it's the only pony related thing making them a profit.

• Brohoof 2

They wouldn't do anything like that. If they did, their profits would only come from Equestria Girls alone and the toys. But, since the show is earning a huge profit when it first began, I don't think it could replace the show.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The Rainbow Rocks movie may change my mind.. but I don't think EQG has enough going for it to be a whole TV series like MLP.

It's just some small little town called Canterlot which Celestia created in a laboratory somewhere to throw Lyra off regarding where the humans really are :P

Edited by DukeofCanterlot
  • Brohoof 2

Being as the EG dolls are the only thing that's making Hasbro a profit, and with a new movie coming up, will Hasbro just cancel G5 and concentrate on Equestria girls?

MLP is extremely profitable, not just in terms of Equestria Girls. What makes you say the show or regular toy line aren't profitable?

• Brohoof 3

It is so creepy and jarring to see ponies (even the humanized) on earth. EQG is SO not for me .. so if it ever came to that, I'd be sticking with the pony purists, wherever we end up.

(edited)

Think about it this way:

Hasbro's most profitable toy line may be Equestria Girls, but that's also one of their most expensive.

I own an EQG Rarity doll, and that sucker cost me $25, the same cost as my five Rarity brushables, given, I picked up the 5 dollar Crystal Celebration ones so I can collect a lot of them :wub:

But 5 brushables = 1 EQG Doll, in terms of price. So, profit may be there, but do they actually sell more EQG dolls than pony merch? That's the question :D

Also, the ratings for the show itself are sky high, while the ratings for EQG was mediocre at best (I liked it, not gonna lie.) :D

So, I doubt it's something to worry about. If EQG became a series, though, I'd watch both series, with a definite preference towards the ponies :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

I highly, highly doubt that EqG will replace FiM. I'm a business student and they always tell you to diversify (like, if you're investing and whatnot). I think that EqG was Hasbro's way of diversifying the MLP franchise. There's no way that it'll replace FiM, though. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd really hope not. I don't really like the whole "Equestria Girls" thing. And I think it would be a bad move considering how many fans FiM has. A lot of people would be outraged.  I see EG as just another one of those "special" things shows/ games tend to do for a while to make more of a profit. 

I hope NOT!  :angry:  I mean, even if EG has been giving Hasbro a lot of money, and bla bla bla. I didnt enjoy the movie at all. Meh, it was ok. So deffinately PONIES FOREVER! NO ONE WILL STOP US  :lol:

I hope NOT!  :angry:  I mean, even if EG has been giving Hasbro a lot of money, and bla bla bla. I didnt enjoy the movie at all. Meh, it was ok. So deffinately PONIES FOREVER! NO ONE WILL STOP US  :lol:

PONIIIIESSS FOREVEEEERR!!!

I will say EQG's are not the only pony item flying off the shelves, my distributors recently got some new pony items in and within literally two days of their arrival they were gone. Retailers don't gobble up product like that unless they have definite idea it's going to fly off the shelves. I did like Equestria Girls but not sure there is enough to it for a whole show. I think it will be a place twilight has to go once in a while to either solve a problem or just to help out with something and that will give the fans their EQG fix.

Most likely, the answer would be no........and not to mention, I think it would be a very big mistake and the fans........well, i think most of them would flip.

No, no, no, dear gawd no.

There's enough teenage high school girly shows...besides, it wouldn't be MLP anymore.