Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Does anyone enjoy Hip Hop and Rap?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

My friend calls hip hop "black people's music".

Funny thing is I kind of like it.

I recently listened to this song by the hip hop artist Lil Jon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7IlF8BLnM

Look up the music video.

It's frik'n hilarious.

I also listen to a ton of other songs like this one by the rapper eminem.

I know this may be an unpopular liking of music, but it's just what I'm into.

Edited by SC00TS
  • Brohoof 2

I like rap to an extent. I hate a lot of modern rap music. Some of the rappers I like are the likes of Eminem, Wu Tang Clan, Ice Cube, and Busta Rhymes.

• Brohoof 3

I grew up with rap so it would make sense for me to enjoy listening to it, honestly I don't like what rap is these days. I'll try to ignore it, but it's hard not to.

• Brohoof 1

Can't say I listen to either all that much. I can say that I love when rap is mixed with metal (my favorite genre) though. Adds quite a bit of flair.

(edited)

I’m not that into rap music, but I do like old school Hip-Hop now and again and think it's a great genre of music: which is probably no surprise, since I love House music a lot (favorite genre) and both have similar roots musically (in the stuff I listen to anyway).

I do like stuff like

Kriss Kross- Jump

Vanilla Ice- Ice Ice Baby

Rappers Delight

I do love Hip-House to (more so)

Armand- Full Moon

Beatmasters- Rock Da House

Jungle Brothers- I’ll House You

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 2

I dislike most mainstream modern rap. I like E-dubble, old Eminem, Big Pun, Immortal Technique, Matlock, and some Macklemore (I hate how everyone knows him for, and misinterprets the meaning of, Thrift Shop).

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Hip-Hop is literally the BEST genre in my book.

Now, I know that among Bronies particularly rap is probably going to be one of the least popular genres, but I've been a fan for a long time now and I literally love it to death. I spend a few hours every day listening to new mixtapes or going back over classics by artists that I love, and own a quaint little collection of CDs that I'm trying to expand on all the time, that is, if my local music store would actually stock up on the rap CDs that I want.

Hands down my favorite rap group is The Geto Boys, I own all of their CDs except for The Foundation, though I think I'm just going to give in and end up ordering it online pretty soon. They are awesome, period. Scarface, who's of course a part of The Geto Boys, is also awesome, though I don't have nearly all of his work. I really want to get Emeritus, but once again, the music shop where I live doesn't have it and they don't know if they will order it any time soon so I'll be forced to order it off of the Internet.

As for other groups that I like, Wu-Tang is classic, G-Unit's first CD was dope, Bone Thugs will always be legit, and NWA is epic level.

As for favorite rapper, I don't think I can choose, but I love Ice Cube, DMX, Brotha Lynch Hung, Scarface, Young Buck, Immortal Technique, Eazy E, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Lupe Fiasco, and many others.

And finally,  I just gotta post some kind of music, so here's one of my favorite joints from The Geto Boys:

• Brohoof 3

You and I will get along quite nicely  :)  I love hip hop, old and new, as long as it is HIP HOP and not just some rapper on a techno beat.

Some of my favorites are Curren$y, Tech N9ne, Kid Cudi, King Chip, Los, Jae Millz, iamsu!, Trademark da Skydiver, Mike G, Brotha Lynch Hung, Dizzy Wright, Cyhi the Prynce and plenty more that I just don't have time to list.

Here are some song suggestions

As for favorite rapper, I don't think I can choose, but I love Ice Cube, DMX, Brotha Lynch Hung, Scarface, Young Buck, Immortal Technique, Eazy E, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Lupe Fiasco, and many others.

You are literally the only other brony/pegasister I've met that listens to Brotha Lynch! :wub:  What's your favorite song of his?

Mine is a tie between this one (I think his flow in the second verse is one of his best)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_iJm-Ue8A

And this one, because I can personally relate to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyMXiLi3lrk

• Brohoof 1

Some rap and hip hop I like, most of the rest I hate with a fiery hot passion. I prefer symphonic metal and viking metal \m/o.O\m/

You are literally the only other brony/pegasister I've met that listens to Brotha Lynch! :wub:  What's your favorite song of his?

Dinner and a Movie is a great album with great production, great features, and a crap ton of tracks. I don't have the album myself, but I would love to add it to my collection. I have it saved as a playlist on Youtube along with the rest of Brotha Lynch's stuff. I'm kind of a stickler over having physical copies of my favorite artists' works, especially since I have an old radio in my car and I have to play CDs in it.

If I had to pick a favorite song though... This is going to be hard, I'm terrible at picking an absolute favorite song by an artist. Favorite album would be a tiny bit easier; Loaded and Dinner and a Movie are pretty much tied, though his first ever EP 24 Deep is a banger that I can never get enough of.

Favorite song... for now I'll go with Die 1 By 1 off of Loaded. That song literally sent chills up my spine the first time I heard it, mostly because of that spine-chilling voice clip from Evil Dead, which is also one of my favorite movie series of all time.

• Brohoof 1

Dinner and a Movie is a great album with great production, great features, and a crap ton of tracks. I don't have the album myself, but I would love to add it to my collection. I have it saved as a playlist on Youtube along with the rest of Brotha Lynch's stuff. I'm kind of a stickler over having physical copies of my favorite artists' works, especially since I have an old radio in my car and I have to play CDs in it.

If I had to pick a favorite song though... This is going to be hard, I'm terrible at picking an absolute favorite song by an artist. Favorite album would be a tiny bit easier; Loaded and Dinner and a Movie are pretty much tied, though his first ever EP 24 Deep is a banger that I can never get enough of.

Favorite song... for now I'll go with Die 1 By 1 off of Loaded. That song literally sent chills up my spine the first time I heard it, mostly because of that spine-chilling voice clip from Evil Dead, which is also one of my favorite movie series of all time.

You reminded me that my copies of 24 Deep and Season of Da Siccness are both scratched and I need to get new ones  :(

Personally I like his newer material better though. Tech made the right choice signing him, Se7en's production fits Lynch's style perfectly. Mannibalector was a nearly perfect album. But of course, we must pay respects to Lynch's roots. It amazes me that he's been in the game for over 10 years and STILL puts out quality songs.

• Brohoof 1

You reminded me that my copies of 24 Deep and Season of Da Siccness are both scratched and I need to get new ones  :(

Personally I like his newer material better though. Tech made the right choice signing him, Se7en's production fits Lynch's style perfectly. Mannibalector was a nearly perfect album. But of course, we must pay respects to Lynch's roots. It amazes me that he's been in the game for over 10 years and STILL puts out quality songs.

You have a point; really Lynch has done nothing but get better, his newer stuff is straight fire, especially considering the sort of crap the Rap game has had recently. By comparison, Lynch is spitting on a whole different level than most.

I just can't help but like his older stuff because I always appreciate an artist's roots and consistently fall in love with them. Heck, when it comes to The Geto Boys, I like their self-titled album the best out of all of their albums, simply because I do like that classic sound it has to it. Same for Brotha Lynch; 24 Deep and Loaded have that classic sound that I'm addicted to.

Mannibalector, Dinner and a Movie, and Coathanga Strangla are perhaps the best three albums in a series ever to me, they just feel so... complete. They're like puzzle pieces that fit together. The overarching story is just spot on, the skits are awesome... that's really all I can say about them. To me, they just speak for themselves. Someone really has to listen to them all close together to understand why they're so freaking good.

That's sort of my bar for artists that I like; they have to be consistent. Ice Cube is still putting out music and it's still great, that's why I love him. He's been doing this for over twenty years and yet he's still great. Same for Brotha Lynch Hung; dude has been around for just over twenty years as well, at least when it comes to actual released material, and he's actually gotten better.

If that's not awesome, I dunno what is.

• Brohoof 2

Shady Bubbles, I love you so much!

I remember when my brother and I saw that LazyTown parody, we laughed for like ten minutes straight. We used to play that all the time and sing along, those were the good ole days!

• Brohoof 2