Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Video Game

Dovashy

Best genre for an MLP game?  

93 users have voted

1. 1. What genre would be best for an MLP game?

• First Person Shooter (lol)
    • Open world
    • Puzzle
    • MMORPG
    • Third Person Shooter (lol again)
    • Action/Adventure
    • Platform game
    • Traditional Fighting game
    • Stealth game
    • Survival horror (lol again)
    • Sandbox RPG
    • Other

Animal Crossing +Zelda+ MLP = Awesome Gaming!! I want to be able to endlessly customize my own Pony Town, Choose to go on adventure quests for Rare Items, and Interact socially with other gamers online. Maybe the other cp characters could set you on different quests. You would have Bosses at the end of each Quest. Maybe the more time you put in getting to know the cp characters, different Quests and Storylines would unlock. The game never really ends either, you just run out of items to collect eventually, OH and no one dies. The Bosses either slink off in defeat or get turned to stone ( Like a reformed Villain we know) because that's nicer. and I could use a nicer world to exist in :) This is all Console Ideas tho'. It would really open up on PC! Thank you for 

asking!!

@

I am pretty sure we already have those somewhere in the fandom. xD

~no shock whatsoever~

Also, without sarcasm, i believe it shoud be more along the lines of a 3d collectathon platformer, i.e Banjo-Kazooie, or Donkey Kong 64

(edited)

Make it a classic action adventure platformer. Like the gameplay of either MegaMan or Metal Slug, likely MS since it'd probably be fitting to have two-player. I do see a lot of people her saying: "RPG," but I dunno, RPGs seem a bit too complex for MLP. Afterall, there are still children who like MLP. So we should kind of give it an easier learning curve, but still give it a challenge. 

Edited by SNESEGAMAN

Say a very talented development studio were given the task (and a very nice budget) to make a MLP videogame what genre do you think would suit it best?

Also, for the sake of argument let's assume they weren't restricted to having to be kid/family friendly, so theoretically they could add in stuff that would give it an M rating. I am PURELY asking about what type of game you think would be really awesome.

For me, as fun as a FPS MLP could be, I think an Action/Adventure game would be best, followed by an open sandbox type.

I'd say an sandbox RPG. I don't know why, I just think an RPG would suit it, and Equestria is a big place to explore, so a sandbox game would work.

Either that or open world.

• Brohoof 2

I'm thinking either an Action/Platformer in the same vein as Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie or a full on JRPG with turn based combat in an open environment. I've seen enough Final Fantasy/MLP crossovers to know that if could work. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If it were an RD-centric game, I'd go with SHMUP lol.  But all the ponies, hmmm...

Side-scrolling, open world-ish action / adventure / platformer with light RPG elements such as an inventory and experience points.  Ponies are freely swappable / have and learn different abilities in order to progress to certain areas of the game world.  WayForward (an indie dev - but a darned good indie dev) has expressed an interest in making an MLP game (nothing's come of it yet, apparently), and I think the type of game I described would work well were it placed in their hands.  Ponymetroidvania!! xD

Edited by PegaMister

My preference would be that of an open-world or somewhat linear RPG; something along the lines of Skyrim, Dragon Age, or the Witcher. My reasoning is that these forms offer some of the best examples of storyline, character development, and/or exploration in abundance with gameplay.

However, if there were to be a 'high budget' game made based on the MLP:FiM license, then I would guess that the creators would go along the lines of a platformer; specifically something like Sly Cooper or Ratchet & Clank. They would focus on gameplay elements like puzzles, movement, and various uses of magic, and I think THAT might satiate the gamer market more effectively as far as MLP is concerned.

Still, I want my Skyrim/Witcher/Dragon Age-esque FiM game!

Of course, this wouldn't be bad either...

• Brohoof 2

There are two ideas that i have: 

1. A game that has you play through the episodes.

2. A game that lets you make your own pony, and have him explore Equestria.

1. Maybe like a puzzle game? That could be interesting.

2. If only LoE counts.

MY LITTLE PONY: HARDLINE

Ha ha.

Just kidding.

Well, kinda.

I have to admit, as played out as wargame FPSes are these days, it'd be pretty damned cool to have earth, unicorn and pegasi pony in a high-budget action game. SONIC RAINBOOM THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYTHING BECAUSE EXPLOSIONS.

My Little Pony: Battlefront? :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I think the best game would be a single to multiplayer plat former RPG where you start out as Twilight Sparkle in canterlot.

The basic premise would be to finish tasks based on the show and unlock the other mane six as playable characters.

My Little Pony: "This is your child!"

RPG: "No it isn't! I deny this claim!"

Host: "Well, RPG... you are the father!"

My Little Pony: "I knew it was a match! It was perfect! It was a match made in Equestria!"

RRG: "Well fuuu..."

Definitely something in the RPG vein. All the elements are already there: magic, a detailed world with many locations, characters with archetypal traits and abilities. I believe the show could be adapted for many different genres (as showed by fangames), but I believe an RPG would be best convey the spirit of the show itself. Although, an action-RPG would work well also, and might even prove to be a better choice.