Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Video Game

Dovashy

Best genre for an MLP game?  

93 users have voted

1. 1. What genre would be best for an MLP game?

• First Person Shooter (lol)
    • Open world
    • Puzzle
    • MMORPG
    • Third Person Shooter (lol again)
    • Action/Adventure
    • Platform game
    • Traditional Fighting game
    • Stealth game
    • Survival horror (lol again)
    • Sandbox RPG
    • Other

(edited)

Open world RPG like Fallout or the Elder Scrolls. Imagine how awesome that would be! You could fight monsters and do whatever you like, and you don't need to do the main story so I could just do some missions for Luna.

Edited by Shift

An Open World RPG with side missions and missions from the main story could suite the game best, since Equestria has an open world environment to it.

Maybe something like Spyro, where you have different characters and you need to save lets say Celestia.

I will say if there is one thing that can be compared between FiM and the classic Spyro trilogy is just how colorful the worlds are.

The main thing I would suggest against would be turning the game into a collect-a-thon, which is something I glad we see next to nothing of these days (and I'm saying that with Spyro being my favorite game ever, lol).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Azureth, Hiya! It turns out we had a very similar thread regarding a potential My Little Pony video game, so I went ahead and merged your topic with the old one, but I kept your poll up. Just letting you know. Thanks! :)

I would love to see an MLP game tackle either the platform or RPG genres, mostly because those are my two favorite types of video games. Personally, I'd love to see something similar to 'Adventure Ponies' but with better graphics and a lot more content.

Edited by Sugar Cube

(edited)

I see it as a third person (or pony) action adventure game.  5 (maybe 6) player co-op.  The game opens up with Rarity going to a sewing guru wanting to learn a new sewing pattern.  However she gets more than her bits worth when the guru teaches her offensive techniques that can make her into a "Seamstress Warrior" of sorts.  Throughout the game Rarity ties up baddies with fabric, using the new sewing pattern. Etc.

I'm currently working on concept controls for how pegasus flight would work in a video game.  I'll post a new thread when I think I got a concept going.

Edited by Nit Pick

I'd really love an RPG akin to South Park: The Stick of Truth, where someone can create their own pony character (earth/pegasus/unicorn) and set it in an adventure story with all the characters.

An open world or adventure game wouldn't be bad either.

Sandbox rpg like fallout or gta the game rating would be rated e to t. U get to create your own character and perform quests from townsponies and play online. Give it frostbite and weve got ourselves a badass e4 game

post-27510-0-06650800-1402963839.jpg

post-27510-0-49597300-1402964084_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

A sandbox rpg where you either play one of the mane 6, or create your own character to fight along side them, or for them, or you could be like a royal guard or something like that

If I were to personally make it, I would make a game with a gameplay style similar to Paper Mario or South Park: the Stick of Truth. You choose which two ponies you'd take on your adventure with you and you could swap them out at anytime (BOTH of them. I hate it when RPGs make you keep the main protagonist in your party). Each pony would have their own traits to help in battle. Like Fluttershy would have a lot of animal friends, Applejack would hit hard, Twilight would have magical spells, etc. Oh and tons of exploration and side quests to do. And at the end of the really hard series side quests you get moves/equipment for the character that the side quests were about.

Realistically however if Hasbro were to make a MLP video game, I really see it being something along the lines of a 3D Platformer like Spyro the Dragon or Super Mario 64. Each of the main six would have their own different levels and each of their levels would revolve around different things. Rainbow Dash would have flying levels where you would have to win a race, or reach a goal. Fluttershy would probably do a lot with animals. Rarity could involve searching for specific things. Pinkie would be sugar fueled platformering.  

(edited)

Hmmm... Zombie survival in Equestria? Sounds like my cup of tea. Day-E. Left4Pony, Fallout 4- New Equestria, Counter Strike - Equine edition, Pinkie Pie - The dark descent. O.K. Ill stop now.

Edited by WunderWaffen

Action RPG or a simple RPG would be awesome.

Something like Kingdom hearts would be awesome a deep battle system were you could alter and form your own pony team attacks while leveling up.

Also as said something akin to Paper Mario type style of gameplay would be awesome to see with a good enough story and fun level up and weapon system it could work.

I'd love to see a MMORPG but only if it was done with care, love and constant server upkeep.

isnt a MMORPG the same thing as an Open world game MMORPG means Massive.Multiplayer.Online.Roll.Playing.Game but of anything I would prefer something Online and open world where you can make your oc wait isnt there a game in Alpha already like that "Legends of Equestria" I hope they release it but what they should add into that is a choice to become good or evill and have many factions so something like Fable ,Fallout or World of Warcraft    

Skyrim is open world, but not a MMORPG. MMORPG's are open world, whilst not all open world games are MMORPG's, the only real difference is that one you play by yourself, and the other you play online. 

(edited)

Third person shooter, ahhh yes, hasn't been a good one since SOCOM

POCOM:EQ Navy SEALS Friendship Assault

Oh god i so need someone to take the SOCOM game case and shop in the mane 6 lol

post-16202-0-55357500-1403923753.jpg

Edited by DaReaper

(edited)

I think I'd want it to be Elder Scrolls VI: Equestria.

Here's a picture for you. Extra characters

post-23015-0-63171200-1403935230_thumb.jpg

Edited by An original name
  • Brohoof 1