Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Video Game

Dovashy

Best genre for an MLP game?  

93 users have voted

1. 1. What genre would be best for an MLP game?

• First Person Shooter (lol)
    • Open world
    • Puzzle
    • MMORPG
    • Third Person Shooter (lol again)
    • Action/Adventure
    • Platform game
    • Traditional Fighting game
    • Stealth game
    • Survival horror (lol again)
    • Sandbox RPG
    • Other

What studio would it be? After all, that also has a major amount of sway in what genre it should be. Obsidian makes RPGs, but their shooters are a bit lacking. Monolith makes FPSs and basically nothing else. 
However, in an ideal situation I'd say I would want an MLP RPG made by Obsidian, Black Isle, or FROM. Or a strategy/world building game made by Paradox or 2k.

What studio would it be? After all, that also has a major amount of sway in what genre it should be. Obsidian makes RPGs, but their shooters are a bit lacking. Monolith makes FPSs and basically nothing else. 

However, in an ideal situation I'd say I would want an MLP RPG made by Obsidian, Black Isle, or FROM. Or a strategy/world building game made by Paradox or 2k.

That is actually a fair point. Going back to my earlier post:

1. If we're going for my preference for an open-world or open-ish world game then maybe a company like Bethesda or Bioware could try it; though I doubt they'f have the interest.

2. If we're going the route of the platformed, then maybe someone like Sucker Punch or Insomniac Game would work. Really, games like Sly Cooper and Ratchey & Clank seem to fall in the same character & spirit as FiM IMO.

I'd love to get a sandbox RPG with quests and little to no fighting in it. You'd level up useful skills like speech, mercantile, and you might be able to work in sneak. It would be so different I don't know how it would turn out

Hypotheticals aside, I really do hope that sometime in the not too distant future, we will see a fully realized, proper MLP game.  And I'm not talking about some fan made Street Fighter thing.  I mean a big, quality rpg that you could easily sink hundreds of hours into.  I want a really good developer to tackle this project.  And it certainly doesn't need to be a big corporation.  Indie games/devs are often better quality and better performing than many of the mainstream, corporate giant releases.  But if they really did this, made a big budget MLP game, you know it would be wildly popular.  And, obviously, this fandom isn't some small, secret, under the radar thing.  We're pretty big, and I reckon most game developers probably know all about us.  I mean, you got that shout-out in Watchdogs, and that Xbox pony tweet thing or whatever it was.  I'm just wondering if big game developers aren't yet ready to publicy aknowledge this as mainstream.  I hope one day it will happen.  And I'm not saying they should make a game specifically targeted for bronies.  There's enough angry folks that already say that we have/are ruining the show, and that the show already caters to us, etc (which I don't think is true at all.)  But the last thing you'd want to do is fan the flames by making a game targeted for adults.  But an E rated game with appeal for everyone would work fine.  Something in the neighborhood of Epic Mickey, but preferrably much more gameplay.  The developer's official, on-the-record stance could be that it's targeted for kids, but we'd basically all know that bronies would probably dominate the sales, which is fine.  I really want an open world/sandbox rpg with cell-shaded graphics that look like the show.

I like the idea of an MMORPG genre MLP game, probably because I enjoy RuneScape so much.

As tfred82 mentioned, Hasbro would not allow the rating to be higher than that of a children's game, but I still think they can pull it off. Just so long as they keep things accurate. Some of the inaccuracy of the Gameloft game is really ticking me off.

Hasbro could easily make an E for Everyone RPG game that would satisfy both kids and older Bronies pretty easily. There are plenty of E Rated games that have kid and adult fans. Look at Mario. They could pull it off, but we'll have to wait and see if Hasbro ever decides to actually support a serious MLP game that isn't some silly app.

I'd vote for a 3D(cel-shaded, obviously) open world platformer/RPG. I'd be fine with it being all-ages. But having an extensive design for world exploration and character developing(stats, upgrades, skills, gear, etc.) would definitely be a high point for me. It'd have to be vibrant(Wind Waker style would be neat), but with significant detail to creating the atmoshpere and environment.

2D Metroid-Vania style game set in the Everfree forest and beyond. Combat, puzzles, exploration, RPG elements. Gimme all that good stuff

I won't suggest anything that goes against the spirit of My Little Pony so I would say that such a game would be best in the genre of a light RPG like Harvest Moon (interacting with ponies on a personal basis) with some world exploring elements from other games. It would be a better idea. There can be multiple places to create your own character and have them live: Manehattan, Ponyville and the Royal City of Canterlot. The online modes would allow you to trade and talk with ponies others make, even in other cities you are restricted to but think about what place your pony would like best. Each city would offer a different experience such as Canterlot allowing you to open a shop or try to make an audience with the princess. Every now and then, a pony you might recognize will have a task or a little job for you to complete. Go and finish them for greater rewards. Heavy customization is normal.

Pretty much adventure/Open world (by that kind of like Legends of Equestria) only likely with me it would not be 3D you have levels many adventures and so on so by start make your oc (at first no alicorns) however if you become a member and yet reach the 1000th level you have the choice to become one yes even as a alicorn you could expand by hitting 200 more levels you get a (little) taller 500 a little smaller than Cadance the next 1000 Cadance's size stores and stuff and so on battling yes and stuff 

so yes like Legends of Equestria I guess. :D

I'm gonna be going a different route. It'll be part RPG, where you wonder a cell shaded world, conversing with ponies, performing tasks, getting rewards, forming relationships and boosting stats. From there you can choose which characters are your friends and which are rivals, each with their own positives & negatives, unlocking rewards and bonuses when an alliance or relationship reaches a certain status.

But rather cutting away to a turn based combat ala Final Fantasy, we cut away to a 3D style fighter like Naruto: Clash of Ninja or Inuyasha: Feudal Combat. The combat itself would be a combination of those and games with an intuitive grappling system, primarily found in pro-wrestling games like WWF No mercy, WCW/nWo: Revenge, or more recently the WWE 2K franchise. But rather than just throws or slams, it would be special attacks like magic for unicorns, weather or flight based moves for pegasai or power based moves for earth ponies. More moves and effective techniques get unlocked the more you win, w/ special moves and prizes for defeating certain characters.

You can play as the main six in their own story mode campaigns. But you'd have to eventually face the remane 5, training dummy characters like Diamond Dogs or Changeling drones, bosses like Trixie, Gilda, Lighting Dust and Flim & Flam and final bosses like Tirek, Sombra, Chrysalis and Night Mare Moon or even the Princesses depending upon the choices you make.

Then at some point, you can unlock the Create A Pony mode, where you build your pony from the ground up, deciding appearances, races such as pegasai, earth, unicorn, eventually thestral or alicorn or non-pony races like Griffon or Changeling. Then you get to pick your characters voice, some of their taunts & mannerisms and finally, a fully customisible move set, where you decide everything from basic strikes to special grabs & techniques,  acquiring more with each new character unlocked and mission completed. 

With possibilities for various endings and different story paths for multiple OCs as well as stories for an unlockable roster, versus mode and even multiplayer co-op stories, this has the potential to be a very engaging game. It'd probably be rated E 10 to Teen for the combat and the ability to engage in romantic pursuits with certain characters. 

It all sounds like a lot, but I wouldn't have put this here if I didn't think it could work. 

• Brohoof 2

Most likely it will be a MMORPG game.  It would be nice b/c it could be treated with similar features like WoW or SWTOR, with customization, quests, currency, etc.   Then again, the downside of it would be monthly fees, but I'm guessing if it would be popular, bronies would get it no matter the monthly rate. 

It just seems to me that an Open World game for MLP would be most appropriate.

However, if they decided to bring the platformer "Adventure Ponies" to consoles, I wouldn't argue with that.

I say mmorpg, go into Equestria as the pony you want to be, Build a home, get a work or go out hutning, if you want it to have pvp, then say that this is during Discord's first rule so the place is full of bandits and hostility. It'll have to be good for kids so no blood or explicit language, but still, it will be a ton of fun :P

Supposing a game was made, there would be little or no conflict. So FPS/Fighting games are a no. I think something along the lines of a Ratchet and Clank/Animal Crossing game would be the ticket. Its pretty believable that this would happen. I mean, think about it, run around Equestria doing quests and missions, and also dping small errands and stuff like decorating your house! I think this would be it.

• Brohoof 1