Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 premiere prediction. Tirek round 2?

ManaMinori

Calling it now. Season 5 premiere- Tirek's brother frees Tirek. Fuuuu-zion-HA! and both brothers beat down on the Mane 6.

Because friendship is forgiveness? And yanno...family....and second chances....

Tirek could "forgive his brother", Scorpan, as an act, to get out of Tartarus again- or, Scorpan- having long since changed his ways, could free Tirek from Tartarus, after being convinced by Tirek that he's ready to turn over a new leaf and made an effort to change, But Tirek betrays his Scorpan, (as he did with Discord) once he's free, and fuzes with him, goes back to Ponyville and tears shit up!

Second helping of epic, anyone?

I still put my money on the return of Chrysalis. Because it  really needs to happen. Although, she feels more like a season ending antagonist, rather than a season opening one.

I 100% doubt that will happen. Maybe in another season.

well it's gonna be pretty damn hard to top that season 4 finale and get us hype thta anything can surpass that level of epic in season 5. Tirek returning for round 2 in the premeire, with the help of his brother would get a lot of people invested in the new season- especially if Scorpan stuck around, like Discord.

I'd put my money on Sunset Shimmer joining the Mane 6 before Tirek coming back.  I doubt we'll see anything about him for a long time...except maybe in the comics.

Oh please no. Tirek was defeated, he won't come back.

I guess it will either be about Twilight's castle in Ponyville, or a new villain.

Calling it now. Season 5 premiere- Tirek's brother frees Tirek. Fuuuu-zion-HA! and both brothers beat down on the Mane 6.

Because friendship is forgiveness? And yanno...family....and second chances....

Tirek could "forgive his brother", Scorpan, as an act, to get out of Tartarus again- or, Scorpan- having long since changed his ways, could free Tirek from Tartarus, after being convinced by Tirek that he's ready to turn over a new leaf and made an effort to change, But Tirek betrays his Scorpan, (as he did with Discord) once he's free, and fuzes with him, goes back to Ponyville and tears shit up!

Second helping of epic, anyone?

Getting Tirek out again would simply kill the writing juices related to him. I think once was already good enough.

But I would like to see Scorpan someday...

He was defeated, and so far there's no real reason for them to bring him back. And it's gonna be really hard to top him as far as villains go

And honestly, I'm actually hoping for a low-key, down-to-earth opener/finale for S5

As epic as Tirek was, I hope not. I hope the S5 premiere covers that gigantic new building in the middle of Ponyville. If there's one thing I've enjoyed about FIM, it is the refusal to use recurring villains. Sure, we got a return of Trixie and Discord, but we don't really have any antagonists other than Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon that pop up every couple episodes to provide conflict for the Mane 6 and supporting characters. So I think in S5, Tirek should be addressed, but not used (at least not yet). 

Tirek could come back, but his brother freeing him is very unlikely. In G1 Scorpan was the former prince of the kingdom that Tirek had conquered, he used his rainbow of darkess to curse him and turn him into a gargoyle to do his bidding, a curse that was broken once he was defeated by the rainbow of light. Scorpan actually being his brother is a major difference but we don't really know how that went down, perhaps his brother was an ally at first but saw the error of his ways. Either way it is going to make for a lot of fanfic fodder, is his brother a centaur like him? Was Tirek born a centaur or did he become one. Grogar who is another G1 villain was once a unicorn but became a goat like monster by being corrupted with dark magic so perhaps that could be the case with Tirek as well. Or the centaur species could just be a very rare species in Equestria.

(edited)

I still put my money on the return of Chrysalis. Because it  really needs to happen. Although, she feels more like a season ending antagonist, rather than a season opening one.

Yeah, I think she should come back as well. Although I don't know how her, and her changeling army will do against Rainbow Power.

The season premiere will probably involve Twilight's castle, and Rainbow Power.

Edited by Mikami