Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RIP Twilight Sparkle's Library (October 10th, 2010-May 10th, 2014)

Moved to Elsewhere

(edited)

So on this day, Twilight's library was destroyed by Tirek. It was a fine library, great for storing all of her books, but it unfortunately was killed. Hopefully in season 5, Twilight's new castle will store her books just as great as the old one.

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 23

So on this day, Twilight's library was destroyed by Teric. It was a fine library, great for storing all of her books, but it unfortunately was killed. Hopefully in season 5, Twilight's new castle will store her books just as great as the old one.

:( :(

Don't worry my friend. The library has now gone to a better place... And has resurrected into a palace of books and wonders... And Tirek is already paying for his crimes as we speak.

• Brohoof 3

The library had so many memories and books inside, plus an underground laboratory. Sad to see it go, but Twilight's new castle will store a huge encyclopedia section of books.

• Brohoof 4

Indeed, Rest in Peace Twilight's Library.    Yet, I have a feel her Castle will have a much better Library, IMO. 

It was a nice library, but sadly it's been destroyed. I wonder how she'll replace all of the books that were damaged/destroyed?

Twilight's castle is a little funky looking and it'll take some getting used to, but I'm sure I'll like it just as much as her library in due time.

Yeah I'm gonna miss Twilight old library. So many memories. Her new one is gonna take some time getting used too.  I don't know if it's just me but her new castle feels out of place. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing but it's crystal design makes it seem like it belongs in the Crystal Empire not a village like Ponyville.

• Brohoof 6

Yeah I'm gonna miss Twilight old library. So many memories. Her new one is gonna take some time getting used too. I don't know if it's just me but her new castle feels out of place. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing but it's crystal design makes it seem like it belongs in the Crystal Empire not a village like Ponyville.

Yeah I totally agree! I'm a bit disappointed by her new castle too.
  • Brohoof 2

Sad to see the Golden Oaks Library closing it's doors for the final time (before Twilight blasted them off their hinges, but that's besides the point). For four full seasons it has stood as one of the most iconic and recognizable landmarks in Ponyville and things won't be the same without it. Though this also means they're going to need a slightly new intro for S5, because all the intros beforehand ended with a picture in front of the library. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

The Library was the most paradoxical place in Ponyville, so it had its magic in it. I was very sad to see it being destroyed in the grand finale. I was hoping that the Elements of Harmony will somehow restore it, not replace by some crystal hut on a chicken leg, which is completely out of place in Ponyville's countryside. When I saw all these ponies looking at it with amazement, I thought to myself they must think "What the hay have just crashed here? A crystal meteor?" Although all the finale was pretty much OK, destroying the library and replacing it by some crappy crystal chandelier was unnecessary and odd. (One may only guess that this is supposed to be some new toyline.)

But you know what? I think this might also be a symbolic way to disroot Twilight from her old life completely. Now she's no longer a bookworm who lives in a library, but a royalty who lives in a crystal palace. Which kind of sucks ;-/

Sure gonna miss Twilight's library. Dang you Tirek!

Yeah, he just returned to Tartarus where he can avoid all the consequences. It would be more educative for him and for the viewers if he was forced to clean up all the mess he made, including restoring the library in some magical way.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

The villain's name is Tirek (Tee-rek).

Meh, im just going to call him Mr. Monkey or Monkeytaur.

And it really is a shame Library McBookington had to die... he was a great building and doesn't afraid of anything. So much knowledge lost. So many memories.

How much damage it withstood in four seasons, but it stood strong, until now... destroyed by the hands of that rude monkey. Rest in pieces!

The Library was the most paradoxical place in Ponyville, so it had its magic in it. I was very sad to see it being destroyed in the grand finale. I was hoping that the Elements of Harmony will somehow restore it, not replace by some crystal hut on a chicken leg, which is completely out of place in Ponyville's countryside. When I saw all these ponies looking at it with amazement, I thought to myself they must think "What the hay have just crashed here? A crystal meteor?" Although all the finale was pretty much OK, destroying the library and replacing it by some crappy crystal chandelier was unnecessary and odd. (One may only guess that this is supposed to be some new toyline.)

But you know what? I think this might also be a symbolic way to disroot Twilight from her old life completely. Now she's no longer a bookworm who lives in a library, but a royalty who lives in a crystal palace. Which kind of sucks ;-/

I felt that way as well. Like destroying the library was symbolic of her finally leaving her past life behind. They had already changed her appearance, and destroying the library really felt like "closing the book" on the old adorkable bookworm from season 1.

She is also gonna have a hard time replacing all those books now.

OMG, I just remembered! This must mean that all her Daring Do books were destroyed! :(

Well Rainbow Dash is gonna be ticked.

• Brohoof 1