Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best Ending to a Video Game?

CosmicHooves

What do you think was the best ending you've ever seen in a game?

Also could you give some reasons why?

My choice for the best ending would have to be Portal 2.

When I was done with this game I began crying.

I'm dead serious.

• Brohoof 1

This was a beautiful ending to an amazing game. I never quite got a sense of accomplishment as I did when I beat SA2B on Gamecube for the first time. If holds so many memories for me that I doubt there will ever be a game ending that I'm as fond of as this one.

• Brohoof 3

Call of Duty 4's ending. It closed all the gaps and was very satisfying.

(edited)

As a huge Souls fan I'd say Demon's Souls had the best ending. All the rich information you receive from it both correlates to a big mind blower and humanity as a whole.

Here you have this old deformed king serving The Old One telling you of how you must have seen the pain and suffering everyone has in the areas you visited and how The Old one can end all the suffering. As soon as you kill him he says, "you fool, no one wishes to go on..." and you choose to kill the Maiden in Black to serve The Old One as influenced by the souls you got or by King Allant or you can let the world lose the soul arts and save it by letting the maiden lull the Old One to sleep. Then comes an item that describes how Clerics get their power from the Old One just like the witches (sorcerers) they hate do

Edited by Captain Variance

(edited)

Any game that makes me feel. Case and point Metal Gear Solid 3 and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Any game that makes me feel. Case and point Metal Gear Solid 3 and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

On that note, I really loved MGS4's ending. Between the final boss and the ending itself...man I almost lost it when

Snake almost shot himself

I was never able to finish 3 though. I got to the very end but my disc froze right before the final boss fight. No joke, every time it would freeze going between rooms when leading Eva around. Someday I'll get a new disc. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

Without a doubt, it's Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. I've never come so close to crying over a game.

Honorable mention to the good karma ending of inFamous 2.

Some of my favorite game endings are from:

No More Heroes

Pokémon X/Y

MGS3

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

Pandora's Tower

Resident Evil 4

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Xenoblade Chronicles

Chrono Trigger

• Brohoof 2

Assassins Creed IV : Black Flag ending left me with tears in my eyes (I mean, Edward's ending, not the one from present). It was just so touching to see how he was changing through the game and what kind of person has he became in the end. I have no more to say. Just watch. Ubisoft really did beautiful job on it in my opinion.

And for those who don't understand here is a little spoiler:

The kid in ending is child of Edward's wife who passed out. Basically he left her and chose life of pirate before events in game. And it's also about changing of personality. First he was greedy, thinking only about money. But now he became caring father and person with golden heart. This ending reveals it's true touching nature mostly to the ones who actually played the game.

Final Fantasy 13, so many feels!

That's what I was gonna say!  You beat me to it.  Chills.  Absolute chills every time.

And OP, Portal 2 was a great choice as well. The climax during the final battle was probably the most mind blowing of all video game moments for me.

Some others in my top list of endings:

Ocarina of Time

Final Fantasy 6

Dirge of Cerberus (possibly one of the most underappreciated games of all time.  You never hear anything about it, but it's a masterpiece.)

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to say Portal 2. No other game's ending particularly sticks out in my mind, but Portal 2 definitely does, it waves a flag aboard my mind and jots its course for a brilliant and amazing ending. I'm sure there are certainly more game endings that I would consider better, and given a little time, or a lot of time to play more games, I would update my best game ending response. Portal 2 has an incredibly good ending <3

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Red Dead Redemption's ending was a tear-jerker.

His son finally gets to spend time with his father after not being there his entire life, and then he gets shot down afterwards.

The ending to BioShock Infinite is my favourite. Sure, it may be extremely complicated to the average player, but once you figure it out (there are plenty of explanation videos out there) it's a fantastic ending to a fantastic game.

I also really like the ending to Batman: Arkham City. It was just such a surprise to see Batman carrying THE JOKER out of Arkham City in a scene which is actually quite emotional :(

Well, there is the amazing, mind-screwing and extremely sad ending to MGS3. Spoilers Beware!!! The guy to the right of Zero is actually the Darpa chief from MGS1 and the girl to the left of him is Dr.Clark who worked on gray fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKGqNWKhxk

The ending to Sega Rally on the Saturn though, is one of my favourites, you've got awesome music playing and you just feel triumphant. As a replay of your lakeside run plays after an amazing podium sequence.

http://youtu.be/JKS3m1Rmo-0?t=6m20s

There's not much other endings I know of. But I know that Arcade Game endings can be very awesome.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Ace Attorney: Justice For All

Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Ace Attorney Investigations

Ace Attorney Investigations 2

I may be a little biased cause I fucking love the AA franchise. But,here's some non Ace Attorney.

No More Heroes 

Ghostbusters (NES)

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition

Friday the 13th (NES)

Strider (NES)

Mario bros (NES)

Batman (NES)

Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom

Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie Game

And who could forget FNAF's ending.

I_didnt_want_to_work_here_anyway.png

Mass effect 2 if you completed all loyalty missions and destroyed the collector base along with having the needed ship upgrades. Its so satisfying at the end to know everyone survived, and live give the Illusive man a big ol' middle finger before cutting ties.

Legend of dragoon, for ps1, is also of great mention here. The ending was satisfying and so was the journey.

That's not a game, that's a film!!!

I'm not talking about the film, but this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbmGoTH3MZM

It took me days to find a walkthrough not voiced(most of the voicing I found was pretty bad to me), but I can't find it anymore, I can take the time to do this if you really want it though.

I don't know if you know "The Cat Lady" (Fortunately, this one was played and voiced by Cryaotic which is a good voicing in my opinion), but Downfall is basically the game made previously and the Joe you encounter at some point in this last game, is the same :) .

But once again, the end does not make much sense if you don't go through the whole game, I wasn't expecting this at all to be honest, and everything I've seen in the game made much more sense after watching the end :muffins: .