Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to the canon death of a character?

Nah

I can have all the reactions.

From sad/enraged to unconcerned and even happy/gleeful. Blame the rabid fans of certain characters for the latter :P

Edited by Swifty

Seeing as the type of show FIM is, I don't think I would even have to worry about this.

If a character were to die, it would probably be a villain similar to how Sombra was defeated and even then it was rather brief.

If it were a villain, then I would probably be ok with it, provided they were evil enough to deserve it. If it was one of the secondary characters, it would depend on how well done it was. If it was well written, given the appropriate weight, and served a purpose to the story, I would probably be ok with it, but I would definitely be sad. I probably wouldn't be ok with the deaths of any of the Mane 6 though.

The only character I would tolerate dying is Derpy. Mostly because of how the fandom would react.

sadist, much?

Do you go around kicking puppies and pushing kids into trafic, just to upset others in real life, too?

Crown Prince Blueblood ascends to the throne and is the new ruler of Equestria.

how would he auto. Bypass Luna or Twilight, in ascension?

sadist, much?

Do you go around kicking puppies and pushing kids into trafic, just to upset others in real life, too?

Well, I wouldn't hurt a living thing with feelings simply to make people upset. Cartoon characters on the hand is another matter.
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight: She won't be gone for long.....probably isn't even really dead

Rainbow Dash: Ok then....that happened

Rarity: ERMAHGERD WHAT!?!?!

Fluttershy: WHY U DO DIS TO MEHHH!?!?! WHYYYY

Pinkie Pie: *has a mental breakdown and goes into spiraling depression*

Applejack: SERIOUSLY WHY!?! ome oon, that was totally unnecessary Applejack was fine alive.

I would be kind of shocked that they would kill off a character. Being the type of show that it is, the worst that would happen to a character is being banished/exiled/imprisoned/etc. Heck, the villains don't even get killed. The only villain that was killed is Sombra, but it is implied that he isn't really dead so I guess even he wasn't killed.

That aside, I would probably react the same way to a character from any other show getting killed. I would be shocked at first, then I would be sad, then I would be angry at the writers, then I would get over it. I can't really see any of the mane 6 being killed, but I would be least surprised if it were either Rainbow Dash or Twilight. I could see a supporting character getting killed. Basically, if they killed a character, it would have to further the plot. In this show, I think killing off a side character would work better than a main character.

Well, I wouldn't hurt a living thing with feelings simply to make people upset. Cartoon characters on the hand is another matter.

because that won't hurt anyone, of course, right?

In EVERY fandom, there are people so emotinally attatched to whatever character, that they commit suicide if that character dies, you know.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

sadist, much?

how would he auto. Bypass Luna or Twilight, in ascension?

Luna, uh... Abdicates out of grief at her sister's death. Or something. >_> (I didn't forget about her but it wouldn't be funny if I accounted for her)

As for Twilight... Blueblood's actually part of the Royal Family, while she's just an elevated commoner. I don't consider her to have any place in a bloodline-succession type dealie.

because that won't hurtanyoe, of course, right?

In EVERY fandom, there are people so emotinally attatched to whatever character, that they commit suicide if that character dies, you know.

I highly doubt that those people exists

And if people take sucide because of a cartoon, then maybe they should be in some kind of psychiatric hospital instead of watching TV.

• Brohoof 3

RAINBOW DASH - Yes, she is annoying. I want her to be in a fatal flying accident.

Nice to know you think a little harmless bragging is deserving of death. 

Some people man... amazing they'd be into a show about friendship.

• Brohoof 3

twilight - okay. bye?

RD - nope.

rarity - k.

appleJack - WHYYYYYYY!!

pinkie - huh, kinda ironic seeing as the fandom made her kill some ponies.

fluttershy- damn.

Edited by Twenty One Gamers

It would depend on who it was.

Twilight: No...No! Oh merciful God no!

Fluttershy: *heart shatters into pieces and cries*

Pinkie Pie: *buries face and cries*

Celestia or Luna: Severe crying and probably brokenness leading to loss of appetite...

Cadence: *sheds a few tears* That's just too sad...

Any of the CMCs: No they're too cute to kill off...

Off the top of my head.

I think that if Hasbro decided to kill one of the ponies of the Mane 6, it would have to be Twilight, or else it would mess up the balance and seem almost random and out of place.  If Twilight were to die, it had better be at the end of the very last episode of the series, where she sacrifices her life for somepony else, or to save Equestria.  Seriously, if she is going to die, the episode has to be the number one greatest and most emotional episode ever created, or I would be extremely furious at Hasbro.  I would be very depressed if she were to die, but I would still accept it if the writing is absolutely perfect.

As for Starlight, I think that it could perhaps be her that dies in the grand finale.  This could actually be interesting, since she started out evil, and would end by giving her life for the Mane 6.  However, like Twilight, it would still have to be well executed.  I honestly wouldn't be too upset if she were to die.

The princesses could also be an acceptable death, since then Twilight would truly fulfill her destiny, which could have a possibility of remaining canon in G5.  Again, I wouldn't be that sad if they were to get killed.

Spike's death could actually make for a good episode if done right, and it wouldn't have to be the finale.  It would just have to be an episode something like Tanks for the Memories, but way better.

Any other deaths I'd just have to shrug off.  Though I would accept the death of ANY character in the series if it were done right (not that I wouldn't be crying myself to sleep every night).  If it weren't to be done right... :=:

If Hasbro were to portray a death of a character in what was supposed to be a show for little girls, I would be more surprised about that.

However, for reacting from a canon character's death, I will keep on wondering why would that specific character be killed and how will other people react to it.

I could not imagine a death being front and center in any episode. Even a villian. Tank's hibernation was the shows attempt at dealing with it up front. I can barely imagine it being mentioned in a passive way. But if they did, I wouldn't like it. I think the show should keep it light and fun.

Edited by Lexamena

My reaction:

Holy crap I can't believe they did that!

So what magical McGuffin are they going to use to resurrect them?

the Dragon jewels

Also solving the mystery of Spike's parents

Everyoe sayng "it's a kids show =no death"

What about "All Dogs go to Heaven"? What about "The Lion King"? What about "Charlotte's Web"? "Rugrats"? "Sesame Street"?

• 1 month later...