Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Arylett Charnoa

(edited)

I will present to you the first of my set of alicorn button designs, Princess Luna! As I always must say: NOT VECTORS, HAND-DRAWN. Not gonna babble too much about it since you'll just scroll past and look at the pretty pictures, so here we go:

img-2640208-1-CM%20Luna.png

img-2640208-2-Luna%20Head%20On.jpg

If you actually WANT one of my buttons, you can PM me and I'll set you up with it. I'd rather not break any advertising rules here. :3 Also, the button has glitter in on it. That's what those little sprinkles are. All alicorn buttons do, it's a thing to show how pretty-princessish they are.

Edited by Arylett of Braixen
  • Brohoof 10

(edited)

That's awesome! :3 I've always loved your art ^_^  It's so cool that this is all hand-drawn, I mean the quality is so good that it atmost looks vectorized. Also, do you got more than just the Luna design? :)

btw what's up with all the hexagons? :P

Edited by Jokuc

(edited)

That's awesome! :3 I've always loved your art ^_^  It's so cool that this is all hand-drawn, I mean the quality is so good that it atmost looks vectorized. Also, do you got more than just the Luna design? :)

btw what's up with all the hexagons? :P

Ha ha, thanks. It just takes a certain type of insanity to do it, really. But yeah, I do. It's a button set and there's Celestia done right now. After that, there will be Cadance and Nightmare Moon. There's also the other thread in which I posted all of the Mane Six.

The hexagons are glitter. I forgot to put that in the post. It's something I put on the alicorn buttons only to make them stand out.

Wowww,, it's even glittery!! I wish I could buy all your buttons! :D Sadly, I cannot :P Oh well.

I appreciate your compliments anyway. :3

Just one question. Do the sparkles move around when you shake the button?!

Can't wait to see the rest, especially Celestia.

No, they don't. The glitter is pressed into the button once it's done due to the way the machine works.

But Celestia will be next. So you have something to look forward to there. :D

Edited by Arylett of Braixen
  • Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I fucking love those I want one. lol

ill take 20!!! those are amazing!!!

These look great! Nice work! :)

I'm happy to hear that. :3 Hearing peoples' interest in them makes me want to make even more for my initial set. Thank you everyone for your compliments!

Edited by Shion Uzuki
  • Brohoof 1

Now some would say the hand drawn thing is impressive. Others would say it's impractical and inefficient. Using vectors could save time and increase production designs for a possibly lucrative business. One might say that's the best way to go, but hand drawn pieces can usually be considered worth more because of that effort. How much more is the deciding factor.

You could also be making them for fun and this couldn't be developing into a business. In that case, keep doing what you're doing. The buttons (I think people call them pins) look great.

(edited)

I guess this is suppose to be a secret sign on who is with the Celestial Empire and who is with the New Lunar Republic? 

Perhaps it could be. :P

Now some would say the hand drawn thing is impressive. Others would say it's impractical and inefficient. Using vectors could save time and increase production designs for a possibly lucrative business. One might say that's the best way to go, but hand drawn pieces can usually be considered worth more because of that effort. How much more is the deciding factor.

You could also be making them for fun and this couldn't be developing into a business. In that case, keep doing what you're doing. The buttons (I think people call them pins) look great.

It would honestly save me not much more time; currently, I only have to create a button design once and can mass-produce and print it multiple times. Besides, I absolutely hate vectoring. It feels imprecise and flimsy. It's simply not fun to me at all and is really tedious. I actually am capable of belting these out relatively quickly. For me to learn to vector properly and reach the level of quality I am able to right now would be more of a waste of time in my endeavors. And if I want them to be infinitely resizable, I already have a very competent program that is able to convert my strokes to vectors flawlessly.

This is for a business AND it's for fun. Right now, it's just starting off small. But thank you for your compliment and for the advice. I appreciate suggestions and I'm glad you like the way they look. 

Edited by Shion Uzuki
  • Brohoof 1

It would honestly save me not much more time; currently, I only have to create a button design once and can mass-produce and print it multiple times. Besides, I absolutely hate vectoring. It feels imprecise and flimsy. It's simply not fun to me at all and is really tedious. I actually am capable of belting these out relatively quickly. For me to learn to vector properly and reach the level of quality I am able to right now would be more of a waste of time in my endeavors. And if I want them to be infinitely resizable, I already have a very competent program that is able to convert my strokes to vectors flawlessly.

This is for a business AND it's for fun. Right now, it's just starting off small. But thank you for your compliment and for the advice. I appreciate suggestions and I'm glad you like the way they look. 

Business is business. You forget that high speed manufacturing has lower quality, and you have stated that here. Are you prepared to outsource to china, or do you wish to be a homegrown company? If you take the blue pill, we'll leave you on your present course. If you take the red pill, we'll send you to china's biggest manufacturer.

If I could buy your buttons I would :(

But I'd LOVE to see a discord one!

Thank you. :3 I appreciate the sentiment.

I actually have plans for Discord a bit later, but he'll require more work because he's not a pony and he defies the template I've created. 

• Brohoof 1